Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters > 4G3

4G3 Walkera 4G3 Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2010, 09:20 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default feather shaft

is the feather shaft suppose to be tight in the blade grips? its like i have to force the feather to get it into the blade grips.do they sell feathers that dont bend so easy for the 4g3?
celm is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2010, 08:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Celm, the blade grips should slide easily onto a straight feathering shaft. If you have to "force" the blade grips onto the spindle, then the feathering spindle must be severely bent. Throw it out and replace it with a new one. Even slightly bent feathering spindles (while they may still permit reinstallation) will throw everything out of true. Your blade tracking (and pitch) will be off and the heli will be more difficult to control. Feathering shafts tend to be a bit soft in order to absorb energy, in the event of a crash, and hopefully prevent damage to other parts of the head assembly.

These shafts are identical for the 4G3, 4G6, Novus CP, etc. If you crash and all that you have to replace is the feathering shaft (and likely blades too), then you are lucky.

Last edited by all-thumbs; 08-29-2010 at 08:10 PM.. Reason: added: (and pitch)
all-thumbs is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2010, 09:04 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

there is alittle differece with the walkera and novus feather shaft,im playing with it now.the walkera shaft if slightly thicker and i ahve to force it threw the bearings in the grip.the novus just slips i nicley,the inner wall of teh walkera shaft is thinner.the novus wall is thicker and takes a smaller screw then the walkers
celm is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2010, 12:31 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Is this a trap?

Celm. There is no difference between the Novus or Walkera branded feathering spindles which will fit the Novus CP, Novus 125 CP, Walkera 4G3 and 4G6. All the head parts (blade grips, head blocks, etc.) are fully interchangeable on all these helis. If you have a straight feathering shaft that wont fit, then either it is defective (out of tolerance) or someone sold you the wrong shaft (or it was mislabeled).

I have both a Novus CP and a Walkera 4G6. I've ordered feathering spindles for the 4G6 from WOW Hobbies and bought spindles from the local hobby store packaged for the Novus CP. Trust me, they are fully interchangeable and the screws are identical.

Throw the fat one out, get a new one one, and if it still doesn't fit then I will eat my underpants.
all-thumbs is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in