Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Futaba Radios and Electronics > Futaba 14MZ - 12Z

Futaba 14MZ - 12Z Futaba 14MZ and 12Z Help and features Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2007, 05:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 14mz throttle cut

please please PLEASE help

i have a 14mz and i have never ever managed to get the trottle cut working while programming it.

the throttle cut does work if i use the download from jkheli.com for his settings which i have adapted in the past. but i notice in his settings the actual thro cut menu everything is set to inh, so how does the cut work??? i see there is a thro cut in the thro hold menu and i assume you need to setup something in there.

now, the fun part. i went into my synergy model to check the settings to try and get the thro cut working on a new model i have. i went into the thro hold menu, on the thro cut sode of the menu i pressed on the switch that was already there (as per jk's setup) and i pressed the on pos button to see exactly what the switch was doing. doing this has meant my thro cut no longer works. being an idiot i tried the same with my trex 600n model which i also had to use jk's model settings to get the thro cut working, i decided to try the same on this and sure enough, done the same thing.

can someone explain clearly how the heck to program the throttle cut or what i have done wrong. i know it's probably simple but.........

cheers
raptorheli2 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2007, 05:56 PM   #2 (permalink)
Team Taco Member

My HF Map location

From memory the T cut screen has TC and TH but TH doesn't get programmed from that menu but TH in the model screens - confusing or what

I set my TC in the TC menu in the Linkages menu. After setting my throws I set the trim all the way down to -50 selected the switch to use and then tapped the % value. It works for me.

Th was a brain burn for me with a GV1. Today I managed to get it working

Morley F1 60 Max (OS 61LX-H), Hirobo SDX (OS 55HZ-H, GY701), Trex 450SE + some planks
MarkD is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-2007, 06:06 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

thanks for the reply.

the thro cut does work as it is with the actual thro cut menu disabled. i do not understand how the heck the thro cut is working with jk's settings and more to the point, how can i get it working again.

btw i should point out i can get it working with every switch but the one i want it on....SH. it was working on sh till i pressed the sw pos option in the thro hold screen in the throttle cut side....

cheers
Old 07-07-2007, 06:11 PM   #4 (permalink)
Team Taco Member

My HF Map location

Post your mdl file. It may make more sense if seen on the TX. I know one of my screens say the TC is disabled even tho it works and the icklie pointer moves up and down when selected

Morley F1 60 Max (OS 61LX-H), Hirobo SDX (OS 55HZ-H, GY701), Trex 450SE + some planks
Old 07-07-2007, 06:26 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

i'll get it now.....
Attached Files
File Type: mdl t-rex.mdl (128.0 KB, 116 views)
Old 07-07-2007, 06:32 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

attached above.

let me know asap if you find anything i done wrong. as i said this was working until i pused the sw pos in the thro hold menu and thro cut switch selection.

cheers
Old 07-08-2007, 07:53 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hi,

I had a chance to look at your program. The Hold Pos. button will memorize whatever throttle setting you have at that moment when it is pressed. Try this, run your throttle trim all the way towards cutoff, then push the Hold Pos. button again. After doing that, return your throttle trim back to your normal idling position. Your throttle cut should work again.

BTW, this is not how I do program throttle cut on my own models. I leave the throttle cut menu inh in the throttle hold screen and I instead use the throttle cut function in the Linkage menu. I find this function works much like the previous Futaba radios. Just activate the function and assign a switch to your liking. Then run your throttle trim all the way to cutoff and press the Cut Position button. Then return your trim to the approx idle position.

Anyways, that should get you going again. Holler back if you need more help.

Jeff
jbiter is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2007, 01:41 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

just a quick reply. i can get this to work with every switch bar sw-h, the one with the spring. infact i can't get sw-h to do anything when i program it, even the trainer fuction won't work with it.

something weird is going on.....no idea what.

what possibly can make that switch work in a pre set model i download yet i can't get it working.

i will try what you say when i get home and let you know anyway but as i said, it's only this 1 switch i can't get thro cut working on so the actual settings is correct if you like where it does cut.

cheers
Old 07-08-2007, 02:15 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
infact i can't get sw-h to do anything when i program it,
Are you assigning the switch to the function and setting the "on" direction? For channel control you would have to assign this switch through th function menu but in cases like trainer and throttle cut, the switch is assigned in that menu.

Jeff
Old 07-08-2007, 02:18 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

sorry, i don't follow.....

i went into the trainer menu, picked sw-h to buddy up with a student and the switch i can see moves in the menu for the switch but in the trainer menu it shows off perm. if i pick any other switch, same as thro cut, then it works as it should.

cheers
Old 07-08-2007, 08:01 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Can you post the model program in question? That might help....

Jeff
Old 07-09-2007, 10:15 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

the one in question is posted above. thats the one i'm trying to get working...trex 600. the thro cut won't work on this.

or are you wanting the program for the one i was teaching?

cheers
Old 07-09-2007, 11:38 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hi,

I am interested in the program you created where the switch does not work. If I understand you correctly, the Trex program was an adaptation of JK's program. The switch works fine on the program you posted.

Have you tried lowering the throttle trim and pressing the Hold Pos. button yet? When I did this and subsequently returned the trim to center, the Trex Program's throttle cut was working on my transmitter.

Jeff
Old 07-09-2007, 01:34 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

hi again

i have tried your suggestion, it still doesn't work, again it works with any other switch.

you are correct with what i'm trying to do, my trex program is the jk model file i adjusted to suit this heli, it is the only way it seems i can get the thro cut to work.

the program i posted the thro cut does not work on my radio, it used to work until i went into see what the switch is doing. i have been able to repeat this many times using jk's model. i can get it to stop working with a single push of a button but i can't get it working again for the life of me.

cheers
Old 07-09-2007, 01:38 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Okay, so are you saying the Trex model program you posted above also will not let you use that swtch?
Old 07-09-2007, 01:51 PM   #16 (permalink)
Team Taco Member

My HF Map location

When I tried the model posted the Cut switch worked (SW H) but the pointer moved up even when setting the cut position to trim all the way down. Weird

Is this for the Nitro or the electric 600? If electric you don't need THR Cut just Hold

Are the switches assigned correctly in the Switches screen and are all the H/W Reverse settings set to normal?

This may also be of some help

http://www.14mz.com/faq/faq-14mz-q803.html

Old 07-09-2007, 01:57 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

this is nitro trex and it doesn't work on my screen, i just tried to flash the software version but it won't update, it just sits there saying push rotary switch. i assume this is the cd switch and you just press it?

if so then i can't update as it just sits and does nothing.

cheers
Old 07-09-2007, 02:24 PM   #18 (permalink)
Team Taco Member

My HF Map location

No it's the rotary switch that sit's at the bottom of the screen centrered between the four push buttons. Push it towards the rear of the TX You also have to set the micro sw in the flash card bay to update

Old 07-09-2007, 02:25 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

righto...DOH, i forgot about that bloody button......i'll give it a go.

btw for the ones who have tried my trex file above does the thro cut actually work using sw-h?????? it doesn't on mine, hopefully this software update will take care of it.

i was using 1.30 from ripmax which is well over a year old so i'm putting 1.37 on it right now.

cheers
Old 07-09-2007, 02:37 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

ok, updated to 1.37 and it still does not work using sw-h.

can someone tell me EXACTLY how to setup a thro cut assuming we start with a new model step by step and i'll do it to see if it works on mine using sw-h, i'll post the resulting mdl and others can try it???

cheers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in