Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Century

Century Century Helicopters Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2013, 07:24 AM   #181 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Re: Century E640 finally done and test flown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis P View Post
You did not have to do that Distructor,you can remove good parts and set them on the shelf So tell use more as it is kind of different looking damage Hope there is no frame damage on it. My day is coming and it may be soon. I was out the other night playing with night blades in the dark.
Practicing funnels, was a bit sloppy because I didn't nail the entry. Should have just aborted, but I tried to fix it. Before I could blink it was a lawn dart in the soft farm land where I was flying. It was impressive, wish I had a picture, but was to busy getting the battery's unplugged.
Damage is light considering. Blades, transmission case, main and spindle shafts.

Thinking about stretching it, but need to find your old post.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
Advertisement

Old 10-28-2013, 10:29 AM   #182 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

The stretch with the G20 boom and TT is simple.The boom and TT plus if you are running lower headspeed install the 21 tooth transmission gear to speed up the tail HI6533A. I did build the tail pushrod up. I still have not installed the home made boom that is approx 3/4" longer so the 690s fit safely with the tail speedup gear.I have been running the MS Composites 660 wide cord blades and it has been working very nice at 1660 and 1760.Things like funnels I use the 1760 as the tail is strong at 1760 and I can get little blow outs if I am doing things a little poorly at 1670 .I also run RotorTech 105mm tail blades.Put a small shim under the rear landing gear skid to lift the tail up some (I do this on my stock E640 and Trex 450 also) . The heli is fast in forward flight and will make the biggest loops you have ever made.The 9.45lbs all up weight with batterys and the big blades makes it fly nice and light.The stretch build starts at post #104 in this thread.
Take care Dennis

Last edited by Dennis P; 11-02-2013 at 09:28 PM..
Dennis P is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-28-2013, 12:42 PM   #183 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Re: Century E640 finally done and test flown

Thanks for the update on the stretch.
I currently run 1800rpm with 105s on the tail. I adapted a HV7 tail fin which is longer (had to shorten it).
I like 1800rpm because once in a while I put a key chain video camera on it. Since 1800 = 30 frames/sec, almost no jello effects. However for the most part I would like lower rpm and longer flights.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
Old 10-28-2013, 03:18 PM   #184 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

You would notice a big increase in tail holding power with the speed up. Your heli presently at 1800 rpm is spinning the tail at 7200 rpm. With the gearing change to speed up the tail at 1670 rpm head speed the tail will be at 7632 rpm. Stock tail ratio with 24 tooth gear is 4.0 to 1 and with speed up 21 tooth it is 4.57 to 1 ratio.
Old 12-24-2013, 04:23 PM   #185 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
You would notice a big increase in tail holding power with the speed up. Your heli presently at 1800 rpm is spinning the tail at 7200 rpm. With the gearing change to speed up the tail at 1670 rpm head speed the tail will be at 7632 rpm. Stock tail ratio with 24 tooth gear is 4.0 to 1 and with speed up 21 tooth it is 4.57 to 1 ratio.
Wow, this stretched 640 with 660 blades and the tail speedup mod flies amazing.

Century really should consider making it an option. And yes the tail holds for anything I could throw at it @ 1800rpm. I've not pushed the 1700rpm setting hard, but it felt very good.

Thanks Dennis for your support on this project! .

Last edited by distructor; 12-24-2013 at 07:37 PM..
distructor is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2014, 10:26 PM   #186 (permalink)
Registered Users

Has anyone tried fitting canopies from other models on the E640?
TheKingPhisher is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2014, 11:24 AM   #187 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have a canopy from an N640 on mine. Fits fine.

I assume you would like a better selection of paint schemes as well??
Old 02-04-2014, 12:46 AM   #188 (permalink)
Registered Users

Actually I would like a totally different shape. The shape of the stick canopy looks so strange in my opinion. The paint scheme looks fine.
TheKingPhisher is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2014, 12:51 PM   #189 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

That is interesting as the canopy shape is what I get the most comments about with the E640, they are always positive and they love the shape and lines of the canopy. Goes to show that we all have different tastes . I really do like the paint on the stock E640 and the color combination looks great on a bench ,a total disaster in the sky and at the beginning I was flying it without a canopy as it showed up so much better .
Old 02-04-2014, 12:57 PM   #190 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
That is interesting as the canopy shape is what I get the most comments about with the E640, they are always positive and they love the shape and lines of the canopy. .......
Ditto! ....and I do agree about the poor choice of colors on the stock canopy. But they do have some great colors on their various optional ones.

Here is one of my favorites:

http://www.centuryheli.com/products/...rtnm=HI6130ERG

Last edited by ngin; 02-07-2014 at 07:14 PM..
ngin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in