Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Futaba Radios and Electronics > Futaba CGY750 FBL System

Futaba CGY750 FBL System Futaba CGY750 Help and features Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2016, 09:15 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default CGY setup questions

Well I have started to setup my CGY750 with my Jeti System which has SBus Rx firmware. I have experience with BeastX, Skookum, Vbar, Ikon and Neuron FBL but this is my first CGY.

I updated the second hand unit I brought to V2.0 tonight but my first question was how do I do a reset of all of the settings back to factory default? I saw in a couple of the advanced menus there is a reset option but I wasn't sure how to do a full reset.

My other issue is to do with using a non-Futaba system with the CGY. I have the channel mapping all working correctly but is there any way I can see the endpoints and centres for each of my channels? With most systems I can see it on the PC or App, and set them on my Tx but I couldn't see anywhere that I could confirm if my Jeti with SBus is giving similar throws or centres to the CGY that a Futaba system would.

//Dennis.
Thunder Fighter is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2016, 12:34 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Fighter View Post
I updated the second hand unit I brought to V2.0 tonight but my first question was how do I do a reset of all of the settings back to factory default? I saw in a couple of the advanced menus there is a reset option but I wasn't sure how to do a full reset.
I asked this question recently.
There is no full reset.
You need to go into all the individual expert menus to reset those settings.
Old 03-31-2016, 05:35 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpelletier View Post
I asked this question recently.
There is no full reset.
You need to go into all the individual expert menus to reset those settings.
Thanks for the reply. Well that is a pain, bit of a missing feature, a global reset for when you move the unit to another Heli or buy a second hand unit like I have would not be an uncommon need I would have thought. At least I can do it manually, even though it will take some time to return all the settings to factory defaults.

I'm more concerned about centres and throws though, I am guessing that the zeros should be ok based on the standard SBus output and I can probably use one of the gain channels to see what setting on end points gives me 100% gain and just use that on all the channels but it would be better to be able to see this in some way on the unit.

//Dennis.
Thunder Fighter is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2016, 06:19 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

like you I bought 2 of my cgy's used , and thought what a pain but its actually a good safety feature as you can't reset the whole unit on the flight line by mistake , if you reset one set by accident you at least have a shot at getting the heli in the air with some educated guesswork , if you reset the whole unit I think you would be done for the day
Anthony
Old 03-31-2016, 07:43 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Not sure about that Anthony, I reset the SBus menu last night and it takes several steps, hard to do by mistake, and you can backup your configuration to a PC, so you could always recover if you somehow accidentally erased it. I'm more worried that a setting in one of the sub menus is set to something strange and gets missed when trying to reset it. It would be nice to have a clean unit set to defaults to start with.

//Dennis.
Old 04-01-2016, 07:01 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I totally agree but also see the other side , mistakes do happen and I have reset 1 parameter thinking it was something else while not really looking at what I was doing then feeling thankful that I didn't reset everything , conversely I thought I had reset everything when setting up a used unit and it caused all sorts of flight problems until reset the one I missed
Anthony
Old 04-30-2016, 06:57 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey Dennis,

The reset thing is a weird one in some ways, I have been using CGY's pretty much as my only FBL for years now. In all that time I haven't really needed a full reset feature - when you choose the heli size that choice dictates the setting of the 'default' values for that size heli as far as tuning and performance throughout the entire unit. All of the stuff that that setting doesn't change you would need to set as a part of your setup on the new model anyways (swash setup, throws, directions etc)

I guess what I am getting at here is that the only 'default' settings are default per model size class, and those are globally reset by choosing a new heli size. All the other settings aren't really 'defaultable' if ya get what I mean Apart from maybe the Gov menu etc but that is a simple one menu to reset if need be.

The real benefit to this is that you can reset a portion of the setup on a model when tuning, back to the defaults in just that menu for the size model you have chosen OR if you want to reset everything you just choose a different size model and then go back to your original size.

I haven't tried this in V2 yet - but this is the way it used to work so hopefully it is still the same.

Sam
Sam H is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in