Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Kontronik Drives

Kontronik Drives Jazz and Jive ESC's and other Kontronik equipment support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2012, 04:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default changing the throttle%

Just wondering if I can just change the % to get a higher headspeed without having to reprogram the esc. Its a jive 100lv and a helijive. Also what is the max % I should go before having to step up the pinion? thankyou.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2012, 06:29 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes, just change the throttle curve in your TX. If your TX throttle is calibrated, it is recommended to stay below ~80%, if uncalibrated then ~63%, for sufficient gov headroom. If you are using AR bailout in the HJ, then don't calibrate, as it needs the deadband for the bailout or work.
Old 11-04-2012, 08:29 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I dont calabrate my esc as i dont have a normal mode,so as to what is being said hj is fine for gov below 80 so on my lv i think im gonna step up to a 12t as im in thw high 70s to low 80s and uncalabrated. Yeah the deadband has no meaning to me as i go straight from th to flat curves. Thanks.
Old 11-05-2012, 05:41 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Anything over 65% is too high And PWM will be maxed towards the 2nd half of the flight and bogging will be the result if you want to see get a jlog its a great tool for the jive series.
Magneto is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-05-2012, 07:13 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Have a link on where to buy jlog that is reliable? I know they come from overseas.
Old 11-05-2012, 07:15 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

ok the more i read about this the more i get confused??? i have a jazz 80 hv with a pyro 700-45 in my logo and with a 12T pinion and with the jazz at 60% the motor and esc and packs got warmer. when i switched to a 11T pinion and bumped the jazz to 70% the same head speed everything ran much cooler???

i was always told that the higher % or closer to 80% the happier and cooler everything was??? i know that the kontronic esc are very good and one of the only esc that can run with very low % points ( as low as 30 % i think i read some where ?? ) with out going up in smoke but to low it would start to bog and heat things up and was very hard on the packs???

what am i missing???
flyfishsick is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-06-2012, 03:01 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyfishsick View Post
what am i missing???
sorry for the partial hijack here - I think I'm also not getting it. I haven't adjusted end points - just set my Tx throttle channel to linear (0 - 100%) then programmed the Jive mode 1, mode 4, mode 9. The Tx is set to 63% in idle 2. Is this right, is it adjusted, not adjusted?
thefrog is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-06-2012, 09:30 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefrog View Post
sorry for the partial hijack here - I think I'm also not getting it. I haven't adjusted end points - just set my Tx throttle channel to linear (0 - 100%) then programmed the Jive mode 1, mode 4, mode 9. The Tx is set to 63% in idle 2. Is this right, is it adjusted, not adjusted?
If you left your endpoints or atv at 100/100 before and after programming then your end points are not adjusted, and you should leave it that way.

Before programming mode 1,4,9 your throttle curve was 0-100 and after programming mode 1,4,9 you set your radio switches to a flat throttle curve for example something like 63% all the way across, you are done.

You have done it correctly, and your endpoints are not adjusted
jhheli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2012, 03:41 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhheli View Post
You have done it correctly, and your endpoints are not adjusted
Thanks a lot.
thefrog is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in