Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > nano CP X

nano CP X Blade nano CP X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2014, 10:02 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Nano help needed

Hello all,
After putting the factory brushless setup on my bird, and enjoying it for a while, I had an inverted crash. One result of the crash was that the 3 in 1 wouldn't bind anymore. All I would get was the flashing blue light and slight servo jitter. So, I sent the board off to Mega's Micros. I got it back and installed and it bound just like it was supposed to. I flew three batteries and noticed it didn't have the power it did before. Now, it is back to not binding at all. I haven't even crashed or anything since getting the 3 in 1 back from Mega's. This is really getting me to the point of frustration.
Is there anything obvious I am overlooking? I am getting to the point of not wasting anymore money on this little bird, which sucks because I enjoy flying it so much. I hope y'all might have some ideas, and thanks for your time.

Mike
mike77gmc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-02-2014, 10:30 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

The only thing I can think of is undercharged batteries
Are you using the 45c's, they seem to give an extra boost.
Is your main gear pushed up tight against the frame and is there no play of the main shaft up and down?
I am sure there is a helifreak on this forum that can help more than I can.
Maybe you could by an extra board off ebay or such and send your non-binding board back for assessment to make sure it was repaired correctly.
I would spend the money to keep my nano flying because it is a good bird to fly.
Good luck with your heli
mtwarych3@msn.com is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-02-2014, 12:07 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks for the response. I only have 45c batteries and I checked the main gear on the shaft. It is ca glued in place and hasn't slipped. The low power I had after getting the board back was more like a slow spool-up type deal. I could bog the motor down in flight and it seemed to take a lot longer to recover it's rpm. As far as the binding problem, the only left I can think of is to take off the HH brushless set-up and go back to a stock motor to see if it will bind. Other than that, I'm clueless.
Old 08-05-2014, 04:40 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

There’s a step in the binding process that I keep forgetting to do. It’s step #6 in the manual. Maybe that’s the problem?

Binding Procedure for Computer Radios:
1. Disconnect the flight battery from the helicopter.
2. Power off the transmitter and move all switches to the 0 position.
3. Connect the flight battery to the helicopter. The 3-in-1 Control unit LED fl ashes after 5 seconds.
4. Push the bind switch/button while powering on the transmitter.
5. After 2–3 seconds, release the bind switch/button.
6. Move the rudder control stick to full right. Continue to hold the rudder control stick to
full right until the blue LED on the 3-in-1 control unit is solid.

7. Release the rudder control stick.
8. Disconnect the flight battery and power the transmitter off.

If you are using a non-computer radio (DX4e, DX5e), move the rudder stick to full LEFT.
Old 08-05-2014, 08:29 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I went back and tried again, many times, by the book and still nothing. I shot Mega's an email, and am hoping for a reply.
Old 08-05-2014, 10:36 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Remove all the components from the 3in1 and see if it will bind. If it does add one at a time until it doesn't bind and you will have your problem. If not your 3in1 is bad.

Order a new 3in1 and get back in the air and send your broken board back to megasmicros and then you'll have a spare.

Sure is a fun little bird when it is working. Keeps me opening my wallet, lol.
Old 08-06-2014, 12:20 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

It may need a little oil on all the bearings. As far as non-binding is concerned it's entirely possible that the repair job failed and the board is kaput.
Old 08-09-2014, 06:55 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Curse y'all for talking me into spending more money on another board. This stupid bird is too freaking fun to fly.
Old 08-09-2014, 09:48 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Maybe a daft question but have you tried binding with using the rudder stick? Have you tried binding with binding switch AND rudder stick held while powering on transmitter?

When I first got my nano it would not bind then I held rudder to the right while holding trainer switch (DX6i) and powered up my transmitter - it bound. When I set it up for my new DX6 it bound without doing anything with the rudder stick. I'm sure I read somewhere that if it has been bound using a computer transmitter there is no need to use the rudder stick to rebind it to same type of transmitter. This works vice versa for non computer transmitters.
andycrazy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in