Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Thunder Tiger GT5 FBL System

Thunder Tiger GT5 FBL System Thunder Tiger GT5 Flybarless Electronics

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2014, 04:08 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default TX Settings

I bought the MT e325s that include the gt5.1. I upgraded to 5.2 and it has hw 2.0.
Never used the gt5 before but i like the unit so far.
I got the standard settings squared away, 1 servo 90 and no trims. Looking at the display of the gt5 it shows the input from the tx both in numbers and bars. Other fbl system i have used usualy like to see 100-100 on all channels and the right direction aswell. Does the gt5 work the same way ? Cant find any info in the manual regarding this.

Skickat från min GT-I9100 via Tapatalk
Pirre is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2014, 06:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default TX Settings

If you do a google search on the GT5 you'll find the supplementary notes by Gary Wright. They're very good for your first setup. GW is also active on this forum.
You will want 100 - 100 travel for best results & yes you will want the right direction. GW notes cover this too.
The display numbers are what you need & they are the inputs from your radio, the bars are the GT5's output i.e. the "correction" on aileron, elevator & tail.

Citizen #186
mr_squiggle is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2014, 04:14 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks. That guide was really helpful and sorted me out
Pirre is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2014, 08:42 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just a little hint here.You may want to go to slightly shorter servo arms with the GT5. In general, you want less "mechanical gain" and more electronic gain with this unit. For instance, on my X50 I'm only using the servo wheels that come on the servos, and in the center hole of the patterns of three holes. I think that's 6mm. On my E550, the swash servo arms have 4 holes. Everyone puts the balls in the third hole (next to longest). Im in the second hole, and although the geometry is off just a tad, the machine flies much much better since the gt5 can be dialed in easier and more precisely (more granularity in adjustment). I did put the geometries in cad and the offset that would be needed in the servo arms by moving them in is less than half a millimeter, so I didn't bother making new arms, and just used the second hole. I'm normally really picky about that stuff but I must be getting lazy in my old age <G>

If you have appropriate length arms and are using the GT5 tools software, you shouldn't have to reduce the "collective A and B" numbers or cyclic range numbers very much at all to achieve appropriate collective and 8 degrees +/- on cyclic. I prefer smoother setups than are the norms these days, and 8 degrees cyclic is normally enough. If it isn't for you're style of flying, don't change it in the gt5 setup but simply increase your ail/ele travel volumes in your transmitter. Changing it in the GT5 will affect your gains other things (piro comp is an example). Just bump up the ATV's 5 or 10 points and try again. 10 points makes a VERY noticable difference.

Champaign Il
Helifreak user # 7001
gwright is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2014, 12:28 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey guys, I'm a little confused and nothing but rain here so might as well sort things out. I have some lingering questions about atvs and setup. I might try the move servo hole trick someday.

Otherwise I can't understand where the changes need to happen to control the roll rate of elv and ail.

My setup at maiden was 100 atvs. 100 d/r. 30 expo on transmitter.....and default 100 flip/role rate in stick menu on gt5 with no expo.....the setting in the gt5......

Right away on liftoff and subsequent flights, I wound up dialing back the D/R to about 70 to make it flyable....so...

...After reading countless times the tips and manuals of all i can find repeatedly, Im a bit confused.

I was planning to zero out the D/R on my radio, and then lower the stick menu rates on elv and aileron on the gt5. I would then fly again, land repeat until the stick menu flip/roll rates on the stick menu in gt5 and not my D/R on my radio set how in feels.

But....now the more I read....perhaps it's the 8 degrees of cyclic menu setup on the gt5 that is actually determining the overall flip and role rate??? And perhaps the stick menu setting rates in the gt5 is to fine tune? What is that for? What is the relationship between the 8 default degrees of cyclic and the 70 D/R I needed to make it flyable for me, and the stick menu settings of roll and flip rate in the gt5???

Basically, If I need to lower my dual rates to 70 on my radio to make in flyable then perhaps I should set the cyclic setup to 7 degrees instead of 8? and zero my D/R back out??

Confused yet But if I nail this concept I'm loving the gt5 more and more.

Thanks guys
Old 05-03-2014, 09:39 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by iadamz@mac.com View Post
Hey guys, I'm a little confused and nothing but rain here so might as well sort things out. I have some lingering questions about atvs and setup. I might try the move servo hole trick someday.

Otherwise I can't understand where the changes need to happen to control the roll rate of elv and ail.

My setup at maiden was 100 atvs. 100 d/r. 30 expo on transmitter.....and default 100 flip/role rate in stick menu on gt5 with no expo.....the setting in the gt5......

Right away on liftoff and subsequent flights, I wound up dialing back the D/R to about 70 to make it flyable....so...

...After reading countless times the tips and manuals of all i can find repeatedly, Im a bit confused.

I was planning to zero out the D/R on my radio, and then lower the stick menu rates on elv and aileron on the gt5. I would then fly again, land repeat until the stick menu flip/roll rates on the stick menu in gt5 and not my D/R on my radio set how in feels.

But....now the more I read....perhaps it's the 8 degrees of cyclic menu setup on the gt5 that is actually determining the overall flip and role rate??? And perhaps the stick menu setting rates in the gt5 is to fine tune? What is that for? What is the relationship between the 8 default degrees of cyclic and the 70 D/R I needed to make it flyable for me, and the stick menu settings of roll and flip rate in the gt5???

Basically, If I need to lower my dual rates to 70 on my radio to make in flyable then perhaps I should set the cyclic setup to 7 degrees instead of 8? and zero my D/R back out??

Confused yet But if I nail this concept I'm loving the gt5 more and more.

Thanks guys
For faster roll rate bump aileron and elevator endpoints up to 105. If not quick enough try 110.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in