Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > nano CP X

nano CP X Blade nano CP X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2012, 08:02 AM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

I also forgot one other thing I've heard about these blades. How is your guys fitment in the blade grips? I hear the blades have so much material on the end that if you over tighten your feathering spindle it will actually bind w/the blades on one side.

The guy of course says lynx blades don't fit now every time it comes up so I'm curious as I would like to call him out on his rotor head setup very much next time I see him
tchilds is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2012, 08:26 AM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchilds View Post
I also forgot one other thing I've heard about these blades. How is your guys fitment in the blade grips? I hear the blades have so much material on the end that if you over tighten your feathering spindle it will actually bind w/the blades on one side.
https://www.helifreak.com/showpost.p...89&postcount=1

And I don't overtighten my feathering shaft.
Old 12-16-2012, 09:36 AM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

Guess I'll just have to wait for mine to get here since everyone sets their head up differently, NC CRAIG! I'm pretty sure your feather spindle is too tight for my taste from what I've read though. Was it an absolute no fit or would a "sloppy" spindle by your standards have fit fine?

Would be interesting to know if they were made this way on purpose as a spindle tension guide. I wonder if they are designed to hug the spindle? Its feasible design principle if its a true radius from the mounting/pivot screws. Then again, maybe its just designed to hug the blades when fully extended by that logic... Will need to mic the roots and see how tight of a fit it is w/the spindle if equally distributed, when I get mine.

I know I'm romanticizing a mass manufactured product a little much in this thread but I do enjoy theory craft and new designs none the less. I plan on really testing these blades with many many different head setups before rendering my verdict.

Hehehe How did I know you'd have some already?
Old 12-16-2012, 10:03 AM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Luca,

Thank you for your insight but I think you may be missing the point on what the user experience has been with your Lynx blades. First off I don’t think anyone here is bashing Lynx or the blades for the Nano but rather just reporting the user experience of using them. You as the manufacturer can take the observations noted here and perhaps reformulate the plastic compound for a better product or continue to manufacture them the way you are doing now.

And this is where the missed point is in my opinion. No one here and I certainly have not read anywhere on the internet that there are complaints of blade warping with the stock blades. Certainly consistency and no warping is a good selling point for the Lynx blades but that is not providing a solution as there was never an issue.

What a few people have reported so far is the fragileness of the blades. Granted I agree that 35 deg. F is a bit on the cold side for certain plastic, the points made by various people are that the stock blades do not have this problem. If you read the thread, people are saying that they are flying in the same condition and same flying style as when they were using the stock blades and the stock blades do not chip or crack. I think the pictures posted by the OP are from flying indoors, which I’m going to assume to be around 70 deg. F.

One can argue that blades are meant for flying and not for hitting objects but again, the stock blades don’t crack or chip under these same circumstances. Unfortunately people will compare the Lynx to the stock blades because there’s nothing else out there at the moment.

I think it is safe to say that we welcome 3rd party parts manufacturers like Lynx as we are all dying for colored blades. But, as you know, we are a picky bunch so want what we buy to perform to our expectations. I don’t think people are complaining about warped stock blades. We just want colored ones! LOL!

Please take this as constructive criticism and not a slam on Lynx products.
kingmeow is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2012, 10:09 AM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlikealight View Post
100's of flights and WAY worse crashes on my STILL usable stock blades and nothing , 4 flights on lynx blades and ruined lol yeah just bad luck , capet landings are rough . Bs . Never again just for color. Least some clear tape stiks to stocker in a pinch , dang ridges won't let a guy even field fix them grrr . Never again .
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWDsylez View Post
Like the guy from Lynx just said, they're a performance upgrade, not a durability upgrade.
I don't buy that at all. There should be a reasonable expectation that even a performance upgrade should not crack up when hitting carpeting! After all, one of the selling point of the Nano is its indestructibility. People have been reporting no damage with TH crashes. Now you introduce a performance upgrade that is fragile and you've pretty much thrown one of the best features of the Nano out the door.
Old 12-16-2012, 10:37 AM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

There are certains levels and aspects of performance that can not be obtained for $6 a set and meet everyone's expectations. In this case it seems that would mean giving up some durability.

Please be reasonable. I'm sure you believe that some people do fly nano cpx in the air, and design it to do so as well.

As much as I push solid tail boom on some people, I personally run hollow. Different strokes, different folks.

Eflite blades are almost always the most durable option on all their helicopters too, FYI. Blades that don't shatter often out live their usefull life. You have to understand that this guy is marketing precision blades. This means the material will hold together and function better up to the point your helicopter does anything but stay in the air. If you are crashing you don't need precision, you need time. More durable blades that give more time, although not being precise with all the cracks and dents and beat up warped plastic, will meet that expectation best which so far is the eflite blade.

To truly determine the quality of these blades is to test them in many ways, over and over again, many conditions, and then decide for YOURSELF if you like them. There is nothing in this blade that you have to have, so stick with stock blades until you find a more durable one and see if you like it better. I wouldn't hold your breath though.
Old 12-17-2012, 03:47 AM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The stock blades are very soft, which I think is why they are so durable.

Do the LYNX blades perform better as being stiffer? Or not?

IMO the mCPx and Nano stock blades are super durable. Not so for the 300 and 450 carbon blades, they seldom survive a crash. For instance Align blades are much more solid. No idea why though...
Radio: Spektrum DX8 Gen 1
SHYguy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2012, 06:49 AM   #68 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Can anyone confirm whether they actually perform better than the stock blades? I remain skeptical on the aerodynamic advantages, but the increased stiffness could certainly help with maneuverability.
Old 12-17-2012, 05:15 PM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by feralaero View Post
Can anyone confirm whether they actually perform better than the stock blades? I remain skeptical on the aerodynamic advantages, but the increased stiffness could certainly help with maneuverability.
In this small scale you can kinda forget about Bernoulli's theorem and all that. Same as for insects, the air molecules are too big compared to the tiny wings for that to work. Therefore they have flat and not aerofoil wings. It's simply "showing" air around = lots of trial and error in order to find improvements. (OK, I don't know exactly where the limit goes here. But I know for a fact that the wings on a 50cm long 1:8 Track RC are useless with aerofoil shapes. It's just a matter of turbulence and angles)

Just fly the damn things and let us know!...
Radio: Spektrum DX8 Gen 1
SHYguy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2012, 06:21 PM   #70 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just an unscheduled durability reference test today I took up the Nano doing some mild maneuvers to 55 feet and 85 feet away at a friend's house and started losing sight of it and had to forced it down and plowed it into the cement roadway with apparent limited damage to the blades (and no cars trying to run it over!). Note that it was 35*F outside and light wind gusts. I destroyed the swash plate, bent a linkage, pushed the main gear down, separated the landing gear from the airframe, and moved the motor up into the airframe in the process of the crash. See the below photos of the Lynx blades - these are the only set of Lynx blades that I own for the Nano. I have simply repositioned the motor, checked the gear mesh and started realigning the links and such. I will be looking to replace the swash (#2 actually for this bird) and I've tested the board, motor and everything else appears to be responding correctly. This is a durable bird and to note, I did not hit TH either as I was trying to recover it before it hit, I simply lost orientation. I'm impressed by this heli. I guess I'll be ready for a metal swash soon! I just don't want to keep doing these durability tests like this!

GSPI is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2012, 09:02 AM   #71 (permalink)
Registered Users

Does yours have the machined grooves on them? I can't tell from the pictures. They look like smooth, non-grooved, plastic.
Old 12-20-2012, 09:43 AM   #72 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingmeow View Post
Does yours have the machined grooves on them? I can't tell from the pictures. They look like smooth, non-grooved, plastic.
No they are grooved:

Hope it shows up better in the above photo.

GSPI is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2012, 11:13 AM   #73 (permalink)
Registered Users

New microheli blades came out anybody try them yet?
iamfor3 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2012, 01:07 PM   #74 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSPI View Post
No they are grooved:

Hope it shows up better in the above photo.
Ah ok, I see them now. Thanks for reposting. I'm going to mount my orange set now and try them out.
Old 12-21-2012, 05:09 PM   #75 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am really liking my lynx blades. They seem to make the hel fly lighter if that makes any sense. I like the increased agility as I am flying in the house in very small spaces with this heli.

Have about 15 flights on them now and think they are great. However, I have not crashed yet so I can't say anything about durability. I love the fact that they are very straight and not warped at all. They track very very well. I am used to the kbdd blades for the mcpx and 130x that warp just looking at them. These are a nice change and I don't think I will be trying the kbdd blades with this heli. Between the lynx blades and the stock blades I think I have all I need to satisfy my flying style.
- DX8G2 and DX7S
Nytflyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in