Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Jeti Duplex Radio Systems

Jeti Duplex Radio Systems Jeti Duplex Radio Systems Support

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2015, 06:59 AM   #121 (permalink)
Registered Users

FrankFuss thanks for the mini how to. It would have taken me a long time, if ever, to figure it out.

By editing the JSON file don't you have to reup your setting every time you do an update of the Tx?

I guess you probably tried it but doesn't the turn of the wheel trick by pressing the >Menu button> to get increment by 10 or 100 works in the sequencer?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-29-2015, 10:40 AM   #122 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you change a value by editing the model file that is normally editable using the Jeti TX, then that value should not be affected during an update. I suspect that there are labels that some have changed by editing the model file and that are not editable using the Jeti TX which could be affected during an update.

I could not get the time values to increment by 10 in the Sequencer. I guess they did not implement it there because they did not see a need for large Sequencer time intervals.
FrankFuss is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-15-2015, 02:26 PM   #123 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankFuss View Post
...I could not get the time values to increment by 10 in the Sequencer. I guess they did not implement it there because they did not see a need for large Sequencer time intervals.
Works fine with DS-16 FW 3.02. When you have selected the time (test with rotation of wheel) press menu once to get to 1's, second time to get to 10's and third time to get back to 0.1's. (there is no 100's to select but it is very fast to get to for example 500..)
Old 08-21-2015, 11:03 PM   #124 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-Geek View Post
Works fine with DS-16 FW 3.02. When you have selected the time (test with rotation of wheel) press menu once to get to 1's, second time to get to 10's and third time to get back to 0.1's. (there is no 100's to select but it is very fast to get to for example 500..)
Yes, this works for me now.
FrankFuss is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2016, 08:11 PM   #125 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Brain/iKon Connection to Jeti R3

I'm new to Jeti and a little overwhelmed with understanding it, as I am coming from a Spektrum/ VBar background. To start with; 1. Do I hook up the iKon completely to the R3 and then bind the R3 to my DS-14?
2. Is the selection of the X Bus, Hott, M-Link choice on the iKon receiver type correct?
3. I want to use the UDI, single wire connection, so does the set of three wires split with the gov sensor going from the R3 in the #3 channel to the middle post of the 4,5,6/ bind port in the iKon and the +- to port 3?
Please advise and give any order of doing the procedures. Also, this is the first receiver and FBL combo I've done. Gotta start somewhere and manuals are a bit confusing and non-specific.....for me.

Thanks,
Jeti DS-14/ Brain/ iKon- AMA 611227
Scanman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2016, 12:38 AM   #126 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scanman View Post
I'm new to Jeti and a little overwhelmed with understanding it, as I am coming from a Spektrum/ VBar background. To start with; 1. Do I hook up the iKon completely to the R3 and then bind the R3 to my DS-14?
2. Is the selection of the X Bus, Hott, M-Link choice on the iKon receiver type correct?
3. I want to use the UDI, single wire connection, so does the set of three wires split with the gov sensor going from the R3 in the #3 channel to the middle post of the 4,5,6/ bind port in the iKon and the +- to port 3?
Please advise and give any order of doing the procedures. Also, this is the first receiver and FBL combo I've done. Gotta start somewhere and manuals are a bit confusing and non-specific.....for me.

Thanks,
Hi, It does not look like any iKon users check this thread. Sorry, but I use Spirit myself. Create a separate thread for Jeti questions to get better support. Good luck with you Jeti radio.
Old 01-15-2016, 09:31 PM   #127 (permalink)
Registered Users

It was discussed here: https://www.helifreak.com/showthread...highlight=ikon

Fauropitotto is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2016, 04:06 AM   #128 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Post your "HOW DO YOU DO THAT" Questions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scanman View Post

Thanks,

Hello,

I use a microbrain in one if my helicopters with a R7nano. I connected all together and powered the system with the bind-plug in the RX.
W.W. is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2016, 11:36 AM   #129 (permalink)
Registered Users

" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>
Guys, I also want an OFF switch at my setup like in the YouTube video is shown. This OFF switch controls the complete heli.
I know how to make my own sounds, but I don't know where to make this OFF switch with my ds16. Like in the video it isn't a flight mode, because 'off' is shown in the left under "logo 690" square, and not there where the idle's are shown. I want the same as the person in the vid, can Somerset give me a good explanation how to do this?
Old 02-10-2016, 01:08 PM   #130 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think what you want is in "Other Model Options"--"Throttle Cut" You assign your switch to this.(#8 pic below)

By the way in the video the guy is using screen space to see the mode he is in when the mode is being also indicated right above it (#6 pic below). Unless you want it bigger this is a little wasteful of the screen space.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	571
Size:	100.3 KB
ID:	634608  
Old 02-10-2016, 01:18 PM   #131 (permalink)
Registered Users

Adding to the previous post.

The cut switch still does not prevent you from flipping your switch on when you are in the wrong flight mode unless you watch your screen.

I use a logical switch that will not allow the throttle to be activated unless I am in the proper flight mode to begin with.
Old 02-11-2016, 04:55 AM   #132 (permalink)
Registered Users

It's working. It just a throttle cut indeed. I've got a 2 position safety switch at my ds16, which is perfect for this Off mode. This switch is locked, so no accidentally moves with that switch. Perfect!

Is it also possible to use 'Rotary control knob 7' or 'Rotary control knob 8' for controlling the speaking volume? So you can turn it louder and less louder with only using that turn button. How do I setup that?
Old 02-11-2016, 07:06 AM   #133 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lars Linders View Post
Is it also possible to use 'Rotary control knob 7' or 'Rotary control knob 8' for controlling the speaking volume? So you can turn it louder and less louder with only using that turn button. How do I setup that?
In System--Sound Volume--under Volume assigne the knob. I would also advice in your Advance properties--- Sticks/Switches Setup to set your knob prerequisite position to have your volume on. You would not want to fly with an alarm that you would not hear because the sound is turned down.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-02-11 at 8.00.51 AM.png
Views:	520
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	634734  
Old 02-11-2016, 07:46 AM   #134 (permalink)
Registered Users

You can also set required switch positions in the sticks/switches menu (firmware 4.00). At the bottom of the screen is a "required preflight position". The transmitter will not select the model until all the switches are in the proper position. the screen shows a picture of the transmitter with the offending switch/knob highlighted. Another safety feature. Dan
Old 02-14-2016, 04:10 PM   #135 (permalink)
Registered Users

Does anyone know how to disable trim?

Had an irritating situation of literally chasing the tail in the air only to discover that at some point some trim was inadvertently set.

Old 02-14-2016, 06:04 PM   #136 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fauropitotto View Post

Had an irritating situation of literally chasing the tail in the air only to discover that at some point some trim was inadvertently set.
Go into the Digital Trims settings, and set the trim rates to 0% in each direction for the control you want to disable trim for. Now, if you hit the trim buttons for that control, you get the double beep indicating centered, and the trim remains at 0 in the trim screen.

Matt
TORCHS member, AMA 64878, Citizen 690
Mattinfla is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2016, 06:07 PM   #137 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

In the digital trim menu, select the trim assignment you want to cancel, like ailerons, highlight it and just do not assign anything to it from the list.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-02-14 at 7.05.59 PM.png
Views:	528
Size:	71.0 KB
ID:	635420  
Old 02-14-2016, 07:58 PM   #138 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattinfla View Post
Go into the Digital Trims settings, and set the trim rates to 0% in each direction for the control you want to disable trim for. Now, if you hit the trim buttons for that control, you get the double beep indicating centered, and the trim remains at 0 in the trim screen.

Matt

Beautiful, this worked well!

Puttputt, unfortunately that still allowed me to hit the trim buttons to input some trim. Apparently going to the second screen and setting the trim rates to 0% in both directions is the way to prevent trim from functioning.

Thanks for the help guys!

Old 02-14-2016, 08:06 PM   #139 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

Puttputt, unfortunately that still allowed me to hit the trim buttons to input some trim. Apparently going to the second screen and setting the trim rates to 0% in both directions is the way to prevent trim from functioning.
That is the way it works on my DC-16 I just double checked it.

The other way mentioned works too of course,

Does not really matter as long as you found a way that works for you.
Old 02-15-2016, 01:28 AM   #140 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think the easier way to disable trims is to select the function, and set that to "--". It means the trim isn't being applied to any control, and turns them off.
myxiplx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in