Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mCP X Brushless Mods

mCP X Brushless Mods Blade Micro CPx Brushless Mods and Conversions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2012, 10:00 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Hub & Grips, (Stock or Mod)

Trying to get an idea form those who have done Hub & Grip Mod, What do you feel is the Best or is it best to leave stock?
Thanks
Kingacp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2012, 10:05 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Love the MH hub. Haven't lost a link yet. and it's lighter if I remember right.
victorb17 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2012, 10:05 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I haven't tried any aftermarket stuff yet 'cause I still crash. A lot. The stock hub and grips have held up through countless inverted crashes.

I do have the solid core cf main shaft from MH, though, as the stock one is easily damaged.
SuperBee364 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2012, 10:28 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

MH hub & grips totally eliminated feathering shaft slop.

I like the combo a lot.
CousinLarry is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2012, 01:01 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Stock hub and grips on mine spinning over 7000 rpm, hard 3D. Works wonderfully.

Only thing I do not like is the stock hub doesn't tighten on the main shaft leaving some lateral slop after a while. Still fly's good on my bird. I prefer the MH or Xtreme as they grip on the shaft. RKH is alright but it's just a little tighter than the stock hub on the shaft.

I didn't notice any real flight benefits of all the CNC, felt like looks more than anything.
Old 03-19-2012, 01:03 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Does anyone make adjustable pitch links as well? I'd love to be able to fine tune the tracking and such on these, even with the stock grips and hub.
// WK2801 // Spektrum DX4e //
jonbailie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2012, 01:05 PM   #7 (permalink)
HF Support

I prefer MH hub because it takes up a lot of slop in the links. Also captures the links so you are less likely to lose them, as previously mentioned.

Stock plastic grips seem to be the tightest I have seen which is why I haven't gone to aluminum ones yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbailie View Post
Does anyone make adjustable pitch links as well? I'd love to be able to fine tune the tracking and such on these, even with the stock grips and hub.
Ew, no thanks ... if you have a tracking problem it is the blades not the links
ChrisH is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2012, 07:33 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Why ew? I have them on my genius cp, and the head works much smoother and easier to setup with them. I can never get my mcpx perfectly tracked, no matter what blades, feathering shaft, rotor head, blade grips, main shaft, etc., that I try. I can get it close, and I can balance the blades easy enough, but it seems improper and I end up using much more tape than my genius. Seems adjustable links would make it easier to setup, like on pretty much every other collective pitch machine.
// WK2801 // Spektrum DX4e //
jonbailie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2012, 07:40 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have used both the RKH hub and grips and they have more or the same slop as stock. I haven't tried MH yet, but I love their swash. The Xtreme hub doesn't remove feathering shaft slop, but does fit very tight on the main shaft, so there is less slop there. The Xtreme grips also come with an extra washer which removes all slop and the grips capture the links.
Prôtos 700
Xtreme-Production
SYMAWD is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2012, 07:49 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYMAWD View Post
I have used both the RKH hub and grips and they have more or the same slop as stock.
Not sure how recent your RKH experience was, but I got a few items for reviewing last week. Perfect fitment with zero slop issues for the Grips/Hub. There very well may have been manufacturing discrepancies out there, so I may or may not have gotten lucky or there may have been some design modification.

I will say they need to follow suit of MH and Xtreme and cut the center portion out nearest the shaft on their hub so it grips on to the main shaft itself when you tighten the screw.
Old 03-19-2012, 07:51 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've got the hub and it causes vibes in mine. Swap a stock one on and it's smooth again
My98stang46 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2012, 07:52 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Thanks for the replies, I mounted the MH Hub & RKH Grips, Seem to work pretty good, I converted to Brushless, but almost feels like I lost All Duel Rates with setup, I'll post new thread to this problem.
Thanks again for the advise
Kingacp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2012, 07:55 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spunjah413 View Post
Not sure how recent your RKH experience was, but I got a few items for reviewing last week. Perfect fitment with zero slop issues for the Grips/Hub. There very well may have been manufacturing discrepancies out there, so I may or may not have gotten lucky or there may have been some design modification.

I will say they need to follow suit of MH and Xtreme and cut the center portion out nearest the shaft on their hub so it grips on to the main shaft itself when you tighten the screw.
Well my friend got the RKH parts for review about 1 month ago and well I ended up reviewing them, but overall the head is sloppier than it was stock.

I'll post a video tonight as I have my friend's heli at my house. His RKH hub also bent on the first crash. I never bent the Xtreme one.
Prôtos 700
Xtreme-Production
SYMAWD is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2012, 08:44 PM   #14 (permalink)
HF Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbailie View Post
Why ew? I have them on my genius cp, and the head works much smoother and easier to setup with them. I can never get my mcpx perfectly tracked, no matter what blades, feathering shaft, rotor head, blade grips, main shaft, etc., that I try. I can get it close, and I can balance the blades easy enough, but it seems improper and I end up using much more tape than my genius. Seems adjustable links would make it easier to setup, like on pretty much every other collective pitch machine.
IMO it adds unneeded weight and parts complexity to a simple machine -- and the simplicity is what makes it so awesome. I have never had a problem tracking mCPXs ... whether brushed or BL.
ChrisH is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in