Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Xnova Motors Support

Xnova Motors Support Xnova Motors Factory Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2016, 05:50 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default 1580 kv xts motor???

I have been flying my x3 with an x nova 1580 kv motor and having a lot of tail problems, been trying to gear it to fly at 2800 rpm but without success , with the cgy750 governor and 2800 rpm it would bog and tail was terrible, (main gear 131 pinion 11t 6s lipo) with my gearing I should have been in the 2500 -2700 rpm range , next I tried the hobby wing gov store and managed a flyable headspeed of 2900 rpm, (tached with my phone) but it is flyable . after some calculations I think the motor I have , while badged as a 1580 kv motor is in actuality an 1800 kv motor , how do I proceed? I want the 1580 kv motor as i'm running 380mm blades on my stretched x3 and this seems to explain all the issues I've been having,
I bought the motor from rotary wing rc but its not their fault , so if anyone from x nova is reading this whats my next move?
Anthony
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2016, 07:57 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Please contact me at: 407-687-3126. I'm sure we can figure this out.
Distributor: soXos Helicopter
F1 Rocket is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2016, 07:58 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

had a very nice conversation with Danny yesterday , and his conclusion is that the kv of my motor is within the ballpark to be classified as a 1580kv motor, It may be slightly higher , say 1620 but it should behave as I want it too, he has some suggestions for me to try , firstly , try the lower headspeed but speed up the tail with a smaller pulley , I already have one of these so this is an easy option to try , secondly to try not using the gov and see how it flies with a v tc, again an easy option , so last night I switched out the tail pulley and reset the cgy750 gov to give me the 2800 headspeed that I am looking for .
first flight with 2800 and although it flies well , with crisp controls the tail is still funky in tik toks, ie. with the heli on its tail and going back and forth the tail makes figure eights which throws the heli all over, previously with 2900 rpm that went away.
not sure why but I also set a headspeed of 2700 ( I think mr mel had something to do with that decision) so second flight , expecting a lot less performance , I went through my routine , first thing I noticed was I had to turn the tail gain up by almost 10 points , secondly the heli remained crisp , apart from collective which was a little slower but that can be adjusted, tik toks were almost stationary , there is a little tail movement but nothing like I was getting before and could be gov gain ( will check that tomorrow) the motor and esc were a little on the warm side but nothing too bad , so as of now I am once again liking this little heli(x3) and look forward to some more tuning with a head speed of 2700 , thanks again Danny for the suggestions , I think I'm sorted for now
Anthony

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in