Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Mikado Logo Helicopters

Mikado Logo Helicopters Mikado Logo Helicopters Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2012, 03:55 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by -kenny- View Post
Do you mean something like this? http://www.fast-lad.co.uk/store/2200...sf-p-4044.html
I just plug this into a free rx port and it get's charged while i fly?
Just like that but smaller. Like 800mah. And I usually put a switch between the buffer pack and RX so I can turn it on, wait for the vbar to arm, then plug in the esc to the flight pack.
maarset is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2012, 04:07 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
How does this work exactly? Why should i adjust atv? That's travel adjust right?
Wow I feel like a noob all over again..
You are just adjusting your throttle ATV travel adjust which is usually +100 -100.
to get rid of the dead band. Usually you end up with +83% to -83% for a JR specktrun radio. Mr Mel had a great vid on doing this on youtube but kontronik asked him to take it off. Maybe someone could post some good instructions on doing this.
Old 08-15-2012, 10:09 PM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
How does this work exactly? Why should i adjust atv? That's travel adjust right?
Wow I feel like a noob all over again..
First off, like already stated, you are getting rid of the dead band. Second, by doing that you are able to share throttle percentages and the headspeed it equates to with someone else that has calibrated. If you don't calibrate and someone else who has tells you they get 2200rpm at say 75% with a 560kv motor and 12t pinion, you will not get that same headspeed even if you have the same throttle percentage and headspeed. Generally people calibrate because it takes about 2 minutes to do and keeps a level playing field.

If you don't feel the need to do so, dont do it. Just don't expect other people who have similar setups that have calibrated or the percentages given out on the forums to give you the same results.

Hopefully you understand LOL, its late and my thoughts arent clear.
Logo 690SX - Stock Scorpion motor, 12s 4500 packs
sgrim80 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2012, 12:00 AM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I get it. Looks like it's time to invest in a tachometer.. Or is there maybe someone with a dx7s or dx8 that has some good atv's and throttle percentages to get around 2100 headspeed? 500kv motor, 13t pinion, 10s
Thanks alot

Last edited by -kenny-; 08-16-2012 at 02:13 AM..
-kenny- is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2012, 03:09 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
I get it. Looks like it's time to invest in a tachometer.. Or is there maybe someone with a dx7s or dx8 that has some good atv's and throttle percentages to get around 2100 headspeed? 500kv motor, 13t pinion, 10s
Thanks alot
If you have the iphone or android phone there is a app called heli tach. Works really well. I stopped figuring out my exact headspeed a year ago or so. Now I just do it by feel.
Old 08-17-2012, 12:03 AM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks i will look into that app. I started the build yesterday. Got the head and tail assembly done. I didn't want to stop anymore! i don't have much time unill to proceed but i'll try and get some things done in between man this thing is cool. Certainly different from building align..
Old 08-17-2012, 01:47 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've done a little more building today. Finished the frame and most of the tail. How tight should the belt be? Allways had torque tubes..
Old 08-17-2012, 02:56 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
I've done a little more building today. Finished the frame and most of the tail. How tight should the belt be? Allways had torque tubes..
Yes logo has smaller parts count. Quicker build too.

You should be able to push the belt at the tail side to the center of the boom.

Take care assemblying the carbon tail box so that the output shaft bearings don't bind and the tail rotates smoothly.
Old 08-17-2012, 11:22 PM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

Adjust the belt tension at the same temperature you will be flying and always check it again right before flying.
Kalpazan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-18-2012, 04:34 AM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok, thanks. I just finished the heli, without electronics only the motor with counterbearing is also installed allready. What a cool heli! Allthough i didn't find it real easy to build. Less parts, yes, but a few fiddly bits. But all in all it went well and everything's perfect now.
One question: what are the master and slave ports for on the jive80?
Old 08-18-2012, 05:53 AM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Built 2 Logo's now 550SE and 600, a doddle although the pinion set requires care, I set it up using short screws, then when pinion is locktighted on, change to counter bearing. Beware, my counter bearing screws were about 4mm longer than necessary and would have destroyed a Scorpion winding.

2nd Time around I installed the servos and power cables before joining the frame halves, much easier.

ESC master is the normal supply and throttle, Slave is a secondary supply, well advised to connect both to the VBAR (if using satellite RX's) that way you spread the current load (Servo connectors rated at 5A). The servo load can peak at 15A now and again!
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzTDR + II
Alun
CyprusFlyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-18-2012, 06:18 AM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thought it was something like that on the esc.
Yeah the pinion was on of the fiddly bits you can't put the setsctew in with the counterbearing on and the setscrew is behind the motormount, so you have to put it in in a slight angle. If you put it in before you slide the pinion on the motor shaft, you can't see where the flat spot is lucky i got the counter bearing too, because there were no motor mounting bolts supplied in the kit so i had to use some nuts on each bolt to fill in the space on the long bolts. I ended up mounting the pinion the same way as you described
Also the main gear is REALLY close to the frame, even touching it slightly if i press on it. Is that normal?
Old 08-18-2012, 06:49 AM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yes, my main gear was making a noise but just had to file off some plastic flashing left from the mold. Just Make sure you added the shim between main gear and tail pulley drive, suppose you could add another shim but that would mean going through the pinion nonsense again! There is not much clearance but works just fine.
I did find that another shim filled nicely under the circlip, no play and nice and free, maidened last wedneaday, 4 flights today, perfect!
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzTDR + II
Alun
CyprusFlyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-18-2012, 07:55 AM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah i sanded some of the molding residue away but it could still touch the frame. Even the belt tensioners are about 1mm away from the main gear. I guess it's suposed to be like that.. The pinion hold's the gear in place too. Once i installed the motor, the gear was firmer.

Here's a quick pic of my new machine

Last edited by -kenny-; 08-18-2012 at 10:40 AM..
Old 08-18-2012, 01:16 PM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Great looking logo Kenny. It's good that your asking lots of questions. You will love it. Once done it will be just charge and fly. I have a couple eflite mcpx's so that I have something to tool on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-18-2012, 01:29 PM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

Unless i crash it.. haven't had a crash in a long while now, fingers crossed! Yeah i'd rather ask alot of questions (risk of coming off as a noob ) so i can put it together perfect and have a trouble free maiden. It will be a while though, still have to order batteries. I estimate a maiden about 10 days from now
Many thanks for all the support guys!
Old 08-18-2012, 04:15 PM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

That's a nice machine Kenny! I'm probably getting a Schweighofer Logo 500 combo when I can sell one of my RC cars. Let me know how the Logo compares to the Trex 450
Stoomstrijkijzer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-18-2012, 04:42 PM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey jasper the sooner i can do the maiden, the better! But won't have batteries for another 7 to 10 days i'm affraid. Waiting for paypal transfer till tuesday or wednesday, then order but won't be in before next weekend.

Still have to install electronics and get the vbar up and running too. Bought it at aerobertics.be btw. Got a great deal on it and nice service.

Last edited by -kenny-; 08-18-2012 at 06:01 PM..
Old 08-19-2012, 03:07 AM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Hey jasper the sooner i can do the maiden, the better! But won't have batteries for another 7 to 10 days i'm affraid. Waiting for paypal transfer till tuesday or wednesday, then order but won't be in before next weekend.

Still have to install electronics and get the vbar up and running too. Bought it at aerobertics.be btw. Got a great deal on it and nice service.
Yea, I the Logo's are in promotion. I wanted to get a Mini vBar this week and Bert told me that the last one was sold with a Logo kit :p Guess it was you :p
I hope you'll have you're batteries soon
Stoomstrijkijzer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-19-2012, 06:06 AM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yep that was mine are you going to replace the 3gx on the 450 with a vbar? I read in the 3gx section you were having issues with backward drift. It has allways drifted from the beginning, guess i got used to it. i put about 200 flights on it that way i wouldn't call it horrible though. My 550 on the other hand, THAT was a horrible drift! It was downright dangerous, the way that thing launched itself back. That's why i have the beastx on it and never bothered to change the 3gx on the 450. Since it was my secondary heli and perfectly flyable. Anyway, hope you get it sorted if it really bothers you.

Now back on topic i'm going to install the electronics in the logo today i think. Anyone have any tips? Don't hold back!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in