Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 800 Class Helicopters

800 Class Helicopters 800 Class Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2013, 10:20 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Question Trex 800PRO vs Trex 700PRO HV

Hi guys,
I haven't seen similar topic here, so I start a new thread if you don't mind.
Recently I want to go from 500 class to 800 or 700..
Mainly I'm choosing between these two Align birds 800PRO DFC and 700PRO DFC HV.
My flying style is hard 3D.
At first I was 100% to get 800PRO, but I heard rumours, that after 20-30 flights of hard flight, you need to change almost all bearings, also the flight time is 3:30 of hard 3D and I will push my Lipos kinda hard with 850mx motor in 800 size machine, so they will not last long.
As for 700PRO HV there is no issues at all, I know that, because couple fellow pilots of mine flying this model and they don't change any part of not crashed.
So I don't know what to buy. I want 800 for its size, but if it can't handle 3d flight as the 700 does, so it is not for me.
Off course, another issue, that 700 class is more advanced because it is in the market quite long, and 800 class is quite new.
Please help to make right decision for me
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2013, 12:26 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerClown View Post
Hi guys,
I haven't seen similar topic here, so I start a new thread if you don't mind.
Recently I want to go from 500 class to 800 or 700..
Mainly I'm choosing between these two Align birds 800PRO DFC and 700PRO DFC HV.
My flying style is hard 3D.
At first I was 100% to get 800PRO, but I heard rumours, that after 20-30 flights of hard flight, you need to change almost all bearings, also the flight time is 3:30 of hard 3D and I will push my Lipos kinda hard with 850mx motor in 800 size machine, so they will not last long.
As for 700PRO HV there is no issues at all, I know that, because couple fellow pilots of mine flying this model and they don't change any part of not crashed.
So I don't know what to buy. I want 800 for its size, but if it can't handle 3d flight as the 700 does, so it is not for me.
Off course, another issue, that 700 class is more advanced because it is in the market quite long, and 800 class is quite new.
Please help to make right decision for me

Hi,

I think you have answered all your own questions above. Sounds as though the 700 is for you.

Also, the the 700 is not without issues though.
1) If you fly hard 3D the stock Edge120hv ESC will most likely be inadequate from reports of Hard 3d pilots. A 160hv is what most seem to be swapping in, for piece of mind.

2) You maybe one of the unlucky ones who have the dreaded 'tail hum' but changing to Rail 106's seems to fix this for most (not all) but most hums.

Be that as it may, they are both great helis and by the way your post read, you'll be happier with the 700, imo.

Best of luck deciding.
Bonkievan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2013, 04:01 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default bearings

Don't use stock bearings, spend the 40-50 dollars on upgraded bearings! Good to go! I have both, trekker and 800 pro.
Andrew166 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2013, 04:55 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Buy the 800 so you can use 700s main blades. You will have better ESC and servos...

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk
fabio_m5 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2013, 05:25 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

i have been eyeballing this model as well but id love to know if anyone else has experienced issues with the bearings in the 800pro. Id like to know about fight times as well.

Good questions
Old 11-13-2013, 06:45 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew166 View Post
Don't use stock bearings, spend the 40-50 dollars on upgraded bearings! Good to go! I have both, trekker and 800 pro.
Which replacement bearing would u suggest?
Spcpicard is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2013, 10:32 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

For hard 3d I would go 700!

Slow & Steady!
nmdesertracer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2013, 02:46 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spcpicard View Post
Which replacement bearing would u suggest?

+1
EKAN is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2013, 07:51 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

i dont know why ppl want to go replacing stuff on a BRAND NEW machine before you even fly it?!?!

the stock EVERYTHING will work fine and dandy for a while. just buy it, build it and FLY IT!!!

if its not broke dont mess with it!!

the 800 pro model is perfect the way it sits...
TREX 700E PRO DFC w/AR7200BX
songer121 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2013, 04:46 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by songer121 View Post
i dont know why ppl want to go replacing stuff on a BRAND NEW machine before you even fly it?!?!

the stock EVERYTHING will work fine and dandy for a while. just buy it, build it and FLY IT!!!

if its not broke dont mess with it!!

+1
Velos 880 Neo, Logo 800 XX Vbar, T-Rex 800 Pro DFC Vbar, T-Rex 800 Trekker Vbar, T-Rex 700 Pro DFC Vbar, T-Rex 800 F3C Vbar, T-Rex 550E DFC Vbar, T-Rex 500 Pro DFC AR7200BX, T-Rex 450 Sport V2 AR7200BX, T-Rex 250 Pro AR7200BX, VController, DX9.
JohnTC02 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2013, 12:56 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thumbs up 700 Pro vs. 800 Pro

I have had close to 200 flights on the 700 Pro and just checked it a few weeks ago and NOTHING needed to be replaced.

The 800 has only 50 flights .. so far so good. (RPM from just about 1000 to over 2000 .. works fine). Flight times, yes, they are shorter.

Someone mentioned for hard 3D go with the 700 HV and the EDGE 160 ESC .. Hard 3D means different things to different people but yes, that sounds like a good plan. Might even consider the 850 MX motor while you are at it

As for the humming mentioned before -- the Pro models (black gears and new Align tail and main blades) do not do that. No need to go replacing things you don't need unless you just like to buy stuff and experiment -- i know some people are into that.
3DAP is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2013, 01:03 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DAP View Post
As for the humming mentioned before -- the Pro models (black gears and new Align tail and main blades) do not do that.
In my understanding, that is not the case. A fellow flyer at my club has the 700Pro and had the hum.........

I agree with not changing out things unnecessarily. The stock Align kits have been great for me.
Old 11-24-2013, 09:37 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

That's the first time i hear that .. is it the new black gears everything 700? Well, that sucks I hope he figures out how to fix that.

I have tried different tail blades and even a different fin (that of the 800) and even moved the two bearings on the TT around, it would not do any kind of humming or shaking or anything like that. I have seen 3 of them fly around here, they all seem to be working fine! Align FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonkievan View Post
In my understanding, that is not the case. A fellow flyer at my club has the 700Pro and had the hum.........

I agree with not changing out things unnecessarily. The stock Align kits have been great for me.
3DAP is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2013, 11:59 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DAP View Post
That's the first time i hear that .. is it the new black gears everything 700? Well, that sucks I hope he figures out how to fix that.

I have tried different tail blades and even a different fin (that of the 800) and even moved the two bearings on the TT around, it would not do any kind of humming or shaking or anything like that. I have seen 3 of them fly around here, they all seem to be working fine! Align FTW
You guys must have the lucky batch
The fellow club member definately has the 700 pro- 800mx dominator, black gears etc etc.
He runs Governed but it's only idl3 where he gets the hum. I can't remember exactly but i think the HS is around 2100 idlup3, although I could be slightly off on the HS.

I had the original V1 700dfc but changed out the shaft and gears. However, I had 5-6 flights with the stock white gears, tail blades and stepped shaft and it didn't blow the tail up!!
I even ran the stock setup for the first 3 flights with a 95-100 flat throttle curve, can't remember which, @2500 hs ..it went 'real good'
It was my first big heli so I had a bit to learn about gear ratios.........

Anyway, I just upgraded parts for peace of mind.
Old 12-09-2013, 08:51 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by songer121 View Post

I wouldn't call the OWB hub perfect. Everything else is solid in my opinion.
Mike A. is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2013, 09:24 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Trex 800PRO vs Trex 700PRO HV

If your bird has the tail hum than the new align or old align blades don't work.
Use rail 106's. easy fix and personally I like the look of the tail blades better anyways.

TS3D#1
NanoCPX, TREX500DFC,
TREX700DFC HV, DX8
Old 12-23-2013, 03:08 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hello Freaks!
I have been debating myself between an 800Pro and a 700Pro. I've been waiting for feedback on this thread but it's been sort of passive for a couple of weeks. So hoping up to the list and hopefully we can get more insight from you 800' Freaks!

In my case, besides the questions posted already, is on regards the 850MX and a 12S setup. Will 12S setup be too limited? will the 850MX fry up 30C 6S's?

So those of you that already have an 800 and maybe even a 700 lying out there, what's your opinion? what's your insight on both?

Thanks
smontesdeoca is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in