Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Skookum Robotics

Skookum Robotics Skookum Robotics SK-360 SK-540 & SK-720 Digital Flybar

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2013, 03:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
):>

My HF Map location
Default just got a 540 today and already an issue?

just got my skookum 540 today from helidirect. plug it in to the pc and try to send something to save to the unit and all i get is ERROR SAVING SETUP TO GYRO. any ideas? the green light is flashing while its plugged into my pc and the software. no rx pluged in yet or anything. i was forwarned about buying one of these. i hope this isnt the begining of problems to come.
AMA#925546 IRCHA#3937

Team A main,Team Xpert
jt45255 is offline        Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2013, 03:50 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default just got a 540 today and already an issue?

Have you tried using a different USB port?

One that is directly connected to the main board and not on a peripheral or hub.
Groucho_ is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2013, 04:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think you might be jumping the gun on there being an issue. Go slow and follow the setup process instead of just trying to save random settings to it. Make sure the uninformed person who forewarned you doesn't make you jump to conclusions.
grimbeaver is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2013, 04:20 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

This usually means the setup software and 540 firmware is mismatched.

Try downloading the latest setup software and update the firmware on the 540.
alvinchai is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2013, 04:24 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt45255 View Post
just got my skookum 540 today from helidirect. plug it in to the pc and try to send something to save to the unit and all i get is ERROR SAVING SETUP TO GYRO. any ideas? the green light is flashing while its plugged into my pc and the software. no rx pluged in yet or anything. i was forwarned about buying one of these. i hope this isnt the begining of problems to come.
Did you load up one of the baseline settings first and then try and change something? The reason is ask is because some don't realize you can't just plug the unit in and make changes without choosing scale, 3D basic, etc, first from the load setup drop down menu. I'm sure its something simple, so don't worry. Whoever "forewarned" you isn't credible as this unit gets very high praise from those who use it and has no history of being problematic.
Old 02-27-2013, 05:51 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

First of all make sure the Skookum software version is 3.30 and firmware version is 3.31. To do this in the software click Utility then Check for updates (If you have say Skookum software version 3.30 and firmware version 3.15 that would cause this error). Once they are both up to date do as the other said, go through the setup wizards first for say Sport Setup, then try making changes. Whoever 'forewarned' you about this unit would be one of the only people who would have anything negative to say about Skookum.....
Futaba 8FG Super

Last edited by Dogga; 02-28-2013 at 01:04 AM..
Dogga is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 02-28-2013, 12:59 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Dogga is right.

I just tried to update a sk540 with 3.15 firmware with 3.3 software and got the exact same error message you did.

Just relax and instead of jumping the gun ask for help. I consider myself the king of asking dumb questions and everytime I do I get great help in this forum.
Old 02-28-2013, 02:18 AM   #8 (permalink)
):>

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

the gyro firmware had to be updated to the latest verson after that was complete i was able to save to the unit. will install tomorrow and see how it goes from there.
AMA#925546 IRCHA#3937

Team A main,Team Xpert
jt45255 is offline        Quick reply to this message
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in