Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Align 3G FBL System > Align 3GX FBL System

Align 3GX FBL System Align 3GX FBL Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2012, 07:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Castle Creations Ice Lite 50 and 3GX throttle calibration-Which one first?

I didn't know which support forum to put this in so I put it here. I just found out from another member after some weird throttle issues that I needed to calibrate my Ice Lite 50 with endpoints. I was wondering what was going on with my throttle it was acting weird. My 3GX is already set up and I did the throttle calibration with it using a linear throttle curve and 100 on the endpoints a few days ago.

So now I need to know if I need to redo my 3GX calibration or leave it where it's at. Thoughts? I can't wait to fly this thing now that I am getting full throttle!!
Align 700N LE BeastX
Avidflyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2012, 07:53 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread...le+calibration, Post 3
Old 12-06-2012, 08:22 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks I just found that thread also. Should be good to go! I can't wait to fly it now! I think I was only getting around 85% throttle before. She sounded like a wild animal when I went to idle 2 at 100% compared to before. Thanks again freaks and especially Bad007!
Align 700N LE BeastX
Avidflyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2014, 01:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have fully adjusted my 3gx but now when I want to activate governor on my phoenix ice hv 2 I see that I have to calibrate throttle for the ESC. Ice hv2 manual says no need to calibrate throttle, will do it automatically...

Because I have done throttle calibration on the 3gx before ESC throttle calibration I know that all my settings and time I spent on adjusting 3gx is a waste of time, am I correct?

Is there a way to do the calibration on the ESC and 3gx so that I don't have to do all the things on the 3gx once more?

Thanks in advance,
Raimo
Old 04-08-2014, 01:56 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

You should be able to just redo the 3GX throttle calibration without disturbing the other settings. Besides, it only takes 30 seconds to run through the 3gx steps on the unit just to be sure.

So you should set your throttle calibration to the castle, then "teach" it to the 3GX.
Old 04-08-2014, 04:04 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Correct. The Castle ESC doesn't actually calibrate to suit the Tx like other ESC's do, rather you have to adjust the Tx endpoints to suit the ESC. So if you callibrated the 3GX before adjusting the Tx endpoints then you will have to be re-callibrated to reflect the new end point positions. But it only takes a moment, so no big deal.
Old 04-10-2014, 03:58 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Thanks!

Calibrating castle and 3gx took about 10 minutes all together. Reading instructions and doing the process scrupulously took some time

If I would need to do it again would probably take less than a minute.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in