Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 700 Class Nitro Helicopters > 700 Electric Conversions

700 Electric Conversions Align T-REX 700 Electric Conversions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2009, 09:51 PM   #101 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mu300pilot View Post
Yes, how did you get intouch with Ray? I would love to get intouch with him also about a gear.
Hi m3u. What gear are you referring to?

Do you mean the original align maingear? If so, I recommend the microheli 1 mod (115T) and 14T clutch pinion. This avoids stripping as the gear teeth are larger and is CNC cut out of delrin.
tonitovargas is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2009, 09:56 PM   #102 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldzielak View Post
How did you get in touch with Ray? I would like to contact him. Good idea on the spacer, would be nice if the made the motor block thicker for the Scorpion use and sold that with the 6mm adaptor. Was also thinking it would be nice to have some heat sink like fins on an Aluminum motor block, sure would help keep the hot running Scorpions cooler.

Lee
New motor block, heat sink, fins!

Great idea! Ill run off to my local machine shop and get this done asap! hehhe.
Old 06-30-2009, 12:41 PM   #103 (permalink)

anyone have a suggestion on a pinion that i can use 10s and 12s packs . or should i get use to changing pinions
700enewby is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-03-2009, 02:16 PM   #104 (permalink)
Registered Users

here is a 700E conversion for AP for sale for those who may be interested.

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=148726
AZ ChopperCam is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-2009, 11:31 PM   #105 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Just wondering if anyone has done a cost break down of the build nitro vs elc i know there are many different setups .but the basic if it's cheap to go with the coversion or keep it nitro?
Kustom is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-2009, 11:45 PM   #106 (permalink)
Registered Users

Kustom,

Going electric will depend mostly on if you have a charging setup already and best price you can get on batteries.

Nitro Engine, Pipe and Gov/mixture gear will be equal or slightly more than Motor, ESC and Conversion kit. Going electric you save on a Throttle servo but may want/need a Eagletree Elogger.

So price wise is about the same maybe a little cheaper going electric, when I did mine I had to factor in the cost of Nitro starter gear, since I sold all mine when the T600 first came out. Then your back to the age old debate of paying up front for batteries vs fuel costs long term.

In the end having almost double the power with electric got my vote.
Old 07-08-2009, 10:26 AM   #107 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Guys,

Been flying my t7e and it is a beast on fixed enpoints. I noticed it drops a couple of 100s on the HS on very hard 3D moves (2270 - 2000).

Will gov mode work for this? Is the new CC HV v2 beta firmware any good in gov mode or does it still burst into flames?

I'm running a CC HV 110 and a scorp HK4035.

Any inputs?
Old 07-08-2009, 10:40 AM   #108 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonitovargas View Post
Hi Guys,

Been flying my t7e and it is a beast on fixed enpoints. I noticed it drops a couple of 100s on the HS on very hard 3D moves (2270 - 2000).

Will gov mode work for this? Is the new CC HV v2 beta firmware any good in gov mode or does it still burst into flames?

I'm running a CC HV 110 and a scorp HK4035.

Any inputs?
The latest firmware has resolved previous governor issues.

However, you'll need to gear up to obtain your fix endpoint head in gov mode.
Old 07-08-2009, 03:21 PM   #109 (permalink)

what do you guys think about running 12s but only 15c batteries to learn to fly and what pinion should i use
700enewby is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2009, 07:58 PM   #110 (permalink)
Registered Users

Toni, You can try the GOV, but I didn't like it, made funy sounds and can't get the gain correct. When I would punch it, the tail would not hold and would drift, 20-30 deg then recover. Mid gain was as high as I could go without making the tail wag sometimes.

Why don't you use 2 mixes aile to throttle and elec to throttle. I'm using 12% mix and by ear it keep the HS, eagletree just landed so this weekend I hope I should get some data log info. I also assume you have a V curve for throttle, like 90-80-90 or something right?

Lee
Old 07-09-2009, 02:17 AM   #111 (permalink)
Registered Users

So I had the HV85 running fine on 12s 3300 packs and updated the firmware, set up Gov. Went to spool up ad poof, FLAMES!!
I got another but Im scared to set it up again in gov. What could have happened? What settings should I use. I have gov on my cc80 and LOVED it.
Thanks for the suggestions!
popiterflyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2009, 03:19 PM   #112 (permalink)

Popiterflyer, I had my HV85 go up in flames too on my 600E. I've sent it back for replacement and had no issues after that. It did burn the frames some, I had to do a lot of buffing. Sounds to me that your batteries may not be up to the task though. Normally, 12s setup on 700 would require 5000 mah 20C packs. Also, the current may be too high for HV85, 700 would normally require HV110 ESC.
shogo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-2009, 03:52 AM   #113 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by popiterflyer View Post
So I had the HV85 running fine on 12s 3300 packs and updated the firmware, set up Gov. Went to spool up ad poof, FLAMES!!
I got another but Im scared to set it up again in gov. What could have happened? What settings should I use. I have gov on my cc80 and LOVED it.
Thanks for the suggestions!
I'd agree with 'Shogo'.

I have had my 110HV working in gov mode without any issues.

Can you post your config with throttle curve.
Old 07-10-2009, 10:35 AM   #114 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldzielak View Post
Toni, You can try the GOV, but I didn't like it, made funy sounds and can't get the gain correct. When I would punch it, the tail would not hold and would drift, 20-30 deg then recover. Mid gain was as high as I could go without making the tail wag sometimes.

Why don't you use 2 mixes aile to throttle and elec to throttle. I'm using 12% mix and by ear it keep the HS, eagletree just landed so this weekend I hope I should get some data log info. I also assume you have a V curve for throttle, like 90-80-90 or something right?

Lee

Hi Lee,

First of all, thanks for your inputs. Are you on CC HV 110 version 2.++ firmware already? They supposedly rewrote the GOV algorithms.

I use an 84% straight throttle curve which gives me around 2270HS on a straight hover. I dont run a 12% cyclic mix on elevator and ailerons yet though. Do you think this will help me maintain my HS in the FDR below?

Here it is with my friend flying hard 3D.

Hows the FAD pinion and maingear by the way? I notice that the meshing on my Microheli Mod 1.0 maingear to pinion on this kit is a bit loose. Pinion teeth just bite a little over halfway on the maingear teeth.

Would definitely want to hear your comments on the FDR above and the FAD gear set... Thanks...

Tonito
Old 07-10-2009, 12:32 PM   #115 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default CC HV110 in GOV mode

I'm having the same issues with the HV110 (v2.x) using GOV mode: hard collective causes the tail to swing and GOV seems to drop out and then recover. This is pretty alarming if you aren't expecting it. Also, I'm having the same GOV gain issue... motor pulses, wagging tail, when gain is set any higher than a very low setting.

I got tired of constantly pulling the ESC lead to reprogram and try everything under the sun to fix this. Right now I'm just flying it "as is" and getting used to where I need to be careful and manage collective a bit more than would otherwise be needed.
Old 07-10-2009, 12:50 PM   #116 (permalink)

Flyanything, what packs and motor are you using? Pretty much any motor can be bogged if one tries hard enough. The tail swing may have to do with the gyro more than with the GOV.
Old 07-10-2009, 01:01 PM   #117 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm using Zippy 5000 H and a Scorpion 560kv... pretty standard setup for this rig. The gyro is a Spartan 760. I was thinking that perhaps the low gov gain may be causing the esc to not be able to detect the head speed reduction in time to compensate... thus allowing the headspeed to drop and faster than the tail could compensate. But upping the gov gain only causes an annoying pulsing of the motor and tail wag in a hover. I've talked to others with this exact setup who don't seem to be having this problem. They have walked through my settings on both esc and gyro and can't seem to see anything wrong. Putting the ESC in fixed endpoint mode completely eliminates the motor pulsing and tail wag so I know that this is caused by gov mode. I've not flown it hard in fixed endpoint mode so I can't say whether or not the tail swing happens in that mode... something to try.
Old 07-10-2009, 01:41 PM   #118 (permalink)

John, did you try changing the timing?
Old 07-12-2009, 02:47 PM   #119 (permalink)
Registered Users

Here is my T700E helidirect conversion with scorpion 4035-560 and CC110 HV
12S 5500mah hyperion G3 pack.
Maiden is not done but will be done with a 14T pinion.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0389.jpg
Views:	590
Size:	81.7 KB
ID:	105538   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0394.jpg
Views:	1991
Size:	75.2 KB
ID:	105539  
Mikado Logo 600SE V-bar
maizor is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-12-2009, 09:19 PM   #120 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by maizor View Post
Here is my T700E helidirect conversion with scorpion 4035-560 and CC110 HV
12S 5500mah hyperion G3 pack.
Maiden is not done but will be done with a 14T pinion.

Looks great maizor -

good luck w/the maiden - when is it? -

JJ
JJ101 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in