Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Mikado Logo Helicopters

Mikado Logo Helicopters Mikado Logo Helicopters Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2012, 11:46 AM   #101 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by egaus View Post
I have tried: Radix 72, Edge 72 and stock Mikado plastic 72 tail blades. All with same result. FYI - The stock plastic ones were perfectly balanced, the others not.

I've tried with two separate sets of tail hubs/grips. I double checked both to make sure thrust bearing was done correct. They are both smooth and balanced. Same result.

I'm using the hardened shaft.

It almost sounds as if the belt itself is rubbing somewhere. I checked it to make sure only one half turn. Boom is new and straight.

I've replaced every bearing and am using all new gears, tail output shaft, stock and CF tail box, new front tail box and parts up there (pin, bearing, pulley gear).

I too thought of selling it, but I don't think I can in good conscience. The parts are fine, but the heli as a whole is not flyable. The only thing left to replace is the frames in the case that all this tightening and loosening has marred the frames where the tail fits in in such a way that it will never mate correctly.

I am using a Mini Pyro 20-08 motor that spins true.

It's not a Vbar issue, it's not that the vibes are just bad in the spec analysis, the vibes are very apparent even without software. To the point where I get nervous spooling it up it shakes and gets loud.

Just thought I'd recap.

PS. A stretched Protos 500 sounds like a sweet option. The reason I got the 400 was to compliment my 600. Since I've got a mini Protos, it would be cool to get the larger one too!

e
egaus: i simply don't get why you have vibes. everything on your heli is new! one thing i don't know if it can cause vibes. but have you the hingers on the tail pitch plate facing the right way?

how do i test. to see if my motor spins true?

reason i got the logo.was to have something between the mini and the Goblin. so it wouldn't be a huge step wenn i want to fly the Goblin

i bought the logo before the mini. have i flown the mini first. i think i would have bought the protos 500. the mini flyes so nice and smooth. i have a big smile on my face every time i fly it
Yoda DK is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2012, 11:49 AM   #102 (permalink)
Registered Users

egaus : just curious, you don't have some local guys ar the flyingfield who fly the 400 ? Maybe you can compare or let your logo reviewed by a "neutral" fresh mind ? Another posibility is the LHS, they should support what they sell ?

on the other hand, it is just the frames and belt itself left.... correct ???
Old 02-19-2012, 11:51 AM   #103 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Motor test: Spin it up disengaged from main gear. Check spec analysis. Put your finger on top of it while it spins (careful). You can also run it up when meshed to the main gear, but pull the tail gear away or pull it out altogether.

e
Old 02-19-2012, 11:52 AM   #104 (permalink)
Registered Users

I don't know anyone flying a L400.Wish I did. I didn't get it from a LHS. Oh well.

e
Old 02-19-2012, 11:55 AM   #105 (permalink)
Registered Users

ok. thanks E. i'll try that next
Old 02-19-2012, 12:22 PM   #106 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by galensk View Post
... on the other hand, it is just the frames and belt itself left.... correct ???
The only things I've not changed are the frames, belt, motor plate and one way.

Not sure what you meant about the pitch slider Yoda, mine is correct I think. Set for leading edge control. I bought a new one and it came assembled, looks all correct.

e
Old 02-19-2012, 12:32 PM   #107 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by egaus View Post
The only things I've not changed are the frames, belt, motor plate and one way.

Not sure what you meant about the pitch slider Yoda, mine is correct I think. Set for leading edge control. I bought a new one and it came assembled, looks all correct.

e
ok. i noticed that the hingers have a shiny and mat side. the manual dosn't say anything about this. but if yours came pre asambled it's not a problem

Last edited by Yoda DK; 02-19-2012 at 04:38 PM..
Old 02-20-2012, 03:23 PM   #108 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sadly I am giving up on this Logo. It has taken too much of my time and nothing is getting any better despite all the new parts, balancing, checking angles and meshes.

I'm going to try to attempt to part this out.

Good luck and thanks for all the help.

e

Last edited by egaus; 02-20-2012 at 06:45 PM..
egaus is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2012, 04:30 AM   #109 (permalink)
Registered Users

i'm very sorry to hear that egaus. i had really hoped you got it up and flying.. but i do understand how you feel. it really sucks!! and i think it's it shouldn't have to be this hard to get a heli flying.. hope you don't loose to much money on it.

Danny
Old 02-21-2012, 05:28 AM   #110 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you do manage to part out the 400 get yourself a Logo 500, it's a totally different animal. In every respect it's just so much smoother and easier to fly.

I really didn't believe the people who kept telling me that till I got one.
Bullfrog98 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2012, 09:59 AM   #111 (permalink)
Registered Users

How big is the 500 comparared to the 600? I've read some on it, I know it is more like the 600 in respect to the tail set up (identical?) I was really liking the size of the 400, the tail - not so much.

Another option for me is a stretch FBL Protos 500. Not liking how you have to buy the kit, then the stretch kit, then the FBL kit. Looking at Compass Atom 500 also.

Keep at it Yoda, you'll get there! I just did not have the desire to mess with mine anymore, hours started stacking up.

e

Last edited by egaus; 02-21-2012 at 01:25 PM..
egaus is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2012, 02:39 PM   #112 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi egaus

i would go for the Logo 500 if i were you. the protos will be expensive. wenn you have to stretch it.and buy fbl head.

i was actully looking at the 500 wenn i bought the 400. should have bought it. could have shared packs with the goblin. never mind now. i just hope it's the edge tail blades.that makes the vibes. because then i'll be flying wenn the new tailblades get here

let us know what heli you buy.and how you like it
Old 02-21-2012, 03:13 PM   #113 (permalink)
Registered Users

Heads up: it's not the tail blades. I tried 3 different sets, Edge stock, Radix and Mikado plastic.

I don't know what the problem was. I wonder how many others had to ditch their L400 for these reasons. Seriously crappy way to spin a tail belt IMO. I prefer the L500/600 engineering much better. Disappointment is a word not quite strong enough to express my thoughts on the 400. Sorry, was a messy breakup. Held in there for a month, gave it my all. That Logo was a Nogo.

That said, I wish you the best of luck getting it going! When mine did fly, it was great.

e
Old 02-21-2012, 08:38 PM   #114 (permalink)
Registered Users

I wish I can help here, but not really sure what is going on. I have a 400 SE and have no vibrations at all, it flies perfect. I am using edge 473 mm main blades and edge 86 mm on the tail. I balanced the head and tail as a whole unit, boom is 90 degrees to the main shaft, using 0.5 module and scorpion 1070 mikado edition. So nothing really special.
Old 02-22-2012, 03:20 AM   #115 (permalink)
Registered Users

i don't know what's wrong either. i hope it's just alitle thing.but i can't see right now what that should be.. everything has been checked like a 100 times
Old 02-22-2012, 01:04 PM   #116 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

How well does it fly?
gravydrive is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2012, 02:52 PM   #117 (permalink)
Registered Users

the one flight i have one it. was great couldn't feel the vibes.. but i did notice it was drifting in hover
Old 02-22-2012, 04:13 PM   #118 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Could be normal. Honestly, I would button it all up and start flying. If you are really worried, buy a cheap Bluetooth module to see what vibes you have in flight or carefully review the event log. Sounds like youre "chasing your tail" (no pun intended) here. It's possible you're just seeing ground resonance.
gravydrive is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2012, 01:57 AM   #119 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi gravy. i'll do final test wenn the new tail blades get here. then i think. i'll try to fly it and see how it goes
Old 02-23-2012, 03:11 AM   #120 (permalink)
Registered Users

i tried now with new logo plastic blades. they balanced perfekt. but it's still the same big vibes. some one tell me why i bought this heli............

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in