Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mSR X

mSR X Blade Micro SRX Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2014, 08:58 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Question for the mSR X (battery and other stuff)

Hi

I'm a total beginner to RC helis, it started 3 weeks ago with a couple of guys in the office purchasing some cheap 4 channel helis, and soon everyone had one.

After a lot of google'ing, and youtube'ing I decided the MCX 2 was probably the best choice for me as I had never flown an RC heli before.
But now I kind of regret that I bought it, it feels very restrictive and it easy to "flip" out of control if you try to twist and turn it around too quickly (is that the flybar which is trying to hold it back?).

So I bought an msr x and a spectrum dx6i,
and boy, that a whole new level, about 10 times more difficult to fly,
I can hoover it now and fly forwards and backwards, but I loose total control if I try to turn it (rudder), so I don't dare doing that yet, perhaps only if I go very very slowly.

Today, I got an mcp x (used) in the mail, and no, I'm not going to fly that one in the office or anywhere else inside for that matter, yet..

Anyways, with the helispree I've gone through for the last couple of weeks, my collection of batteries is starting to grow.

So I'm wondering if I can mix and mash batteries for the MCX2 and the mSR X?
Say I have these batteries;
-3,7V , 150mAh 25C
-3,7V , 160mAh 20C
-3,7V , 150mAh 45C

Can they all be used on both models?
Kemono is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2014, 10:50 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Short answer: Yes

Long Answer:

Batteries for the MCX, MCX2, MSR, MSR X, Nano QX, and Nano CP X are all interchangeable. I have have missed a model or two but I think that pretty much covers it.

That said, you need a too use batteries with a fair amount of punch with the Nano CP X (ie. 45C not 25C)
Martian is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2014, 06:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

The batteries are interchangeable like martian said. For the piro, try the mmm mod. It makes pyroing much easier. Another tip I got from a hf member, fly the damn thing. The msrx loves speed. The minute I let it loose around a big field, was the minute I started appreciating the msrx. Its a fun little machine.
Dutchdrifting is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2014, 02:55 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchdrifting View Post
The msrx loves speed. The minute I let it loose around a big field, was the minute I started appreciating the msrx. Its a fun little machine.
Preach, Brother!

I learned to hover and control the mSRX as many have before, in the confines of indoors.
When I got it out in the open it morphed into a totally different experience.
This thing will zoom, so much fun.

Sandy
sanmatisse is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-12-2014, 06:41 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchdrifting View Post
Another tip I got from a hf member, fly the damn thing. The msrx loves speed. The minute I let it loose around a big field, was the minute I started appreciating the msrx. Its a fun little machine.
100% agreed

I took very much the same progression, even tried to hover a Nano cpx indoors.. but once I took them outside it was much more fun.

I would caution with the Msrx being fixed pitch to keep it lower than 15' if there is a light breeze up high. I say that because mine spent a winter in the snow because the wind took it and I couldnt get it to the ground fast enough before losing it...

DX6i, 1sq, MSRx, Nano Cpx, 130x, 300x with Beastx, 300xl with Skookum 540
SpringerKing is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in