Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 300X

300X Blade 300X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2014, 12:06 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 300X settings for a DX6

Hello, does anyone know if the stock DX8 settings are good to use in a DX6? Better safe than sorry. I appreciate any help with the matter. Thank you.
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2014, 12:34 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I copied my Dx7s settings over to my Dx9 and they're working the same, I have of course tweeked the DR and Expo's for the new TX. The DX8 settings will get you close to where you want.
Old 07-31-2014, 02:01 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thank you. It seemed there were a few differences but I don't recall any being major. I'll start with those and go from there. I hope there very close cause she was tweaked in solid and I hate messing with a good thing. Thanks for your help.
Old 07-31-2014, 04:10 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Old DX6i throttle hold throttle percentage is weird. 10% is actually 0%. 0% is more like -10%. I think manual calls for setting 10% TH. Why not just read the manual instead of copying from DX8?
DoubleCH is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-31-2014, 04:40 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

The new Dx6 is different programming to the old 6i, it's the same as the Dx9 and 18.
Old 07-31-2014, 12:52 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I don't think the DX9 or DX18 settings are in the 300X manual. All I can use is the settings for the DX8 unless someone has proper settings for the 300X on a DX6....not DX6I.
Old 07-31-2014, 01:39 PM   #7 (permalink)
HF Support

Yeah, it's not rocket science. Any settings shown for the DX8 will apply to the DX6, DX9 & DX18.

Rather than relying on those published settings (or anybody else's for that matter) it's much better to learn how to verify things for yourself and do a proper preflight check. Then you don't have to worry about copying settings and you'll be much better prepared to diagnose any problems at the field or on the bench. Also if you ever change out for different servos or whatnot you'll be prepared since you may have to deviate from these defaults. Besides the flight modes, throttle/pitch curves and channel reversals it's all basically up to you as far as how to set up your rates/expo to be as sensitive as you'd like it. As with so many things in this hobby there are many ways to skin this cat.
Nelsonisms is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-31-2014, 11:10 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Point taken. There truely is more than one way to rip the spleen out of a baby woodchuck. I understand what your saying but my reason for asking isn't due to an inability to setup or tweak a helicopter to my liking but moreover based on the lack of knowledge in the TX to FBL RX communications. With a hint of apprehension based upon programmable digital switch configuration. As stated previously, the helicopter is flying very well prior to the new TX and I would hate for something to go wrong if I failed to become aware of pertinent information that was available thru forum communication on said TX. There is always someone in here that dissects these things deeper than I can that is willing to share their information. I often find their information helpful. Thus, my reason for making public my curiosity on the subject. I will use the DX8 settings and go from there. I appreciate everyone's help, thank you.
Old 08-01-2014, 09:20 AM   #9 (permalink)
HF Support

Yeah, sorry, I didn't mean to come of all holier than thou. I just wanted to drive home that point that knowledge is power. I just feel like people get a little overly intimidated by this stuff so what I was trying to convey was that it's not really all that hard when you break it down into pieces. As far as BeastX setup there is a ton of information to learn from over in that forum, just break it down menu by menu and it starts to make perfect sense. I realize the DX6 is new so that can lead to some confusion. At least Spektrum has made some good progress lately to bring their full line of radios in conformity such that the configurations are nearly identical. That should help to alleviate a lot of the confusion going forward. I hope all the DX7, DX7se and DX6is out there will end up in a landfill quickly.
Nelsonisms is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-01-2014, 11:49 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelsonisms View Post
I hope all the DX7, DX7se and DX6is out there will end up in a landfill quickly.
I can't agree more. I absolutely hate the DX6i. I had two of them, and the scroll wheel wore out on both within a hundred flights. I managed to fix the one and sell it for $10. Every single pilot at the clubs I fly at that has a DX6i has had the exact same problem with the scroll wheels (not to mention the gimbals suck). Everyone that has a DX8 (including me), DX9, DX18, etc. has no complaints. But those DX6i's are poop.

Uriah is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2014, 11:45 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

It's all good. If anyone is curious the DX8 settings transfer into the DX6 without issue.
Old 08-04-2014, 01:18 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thats good to know as I have a DX6 coming tomorrow (The antenna bust off my 6i and I cant be bothered to spend good money sending it to HH for repair). Getting the small circuit board the antenna plugs into seems to be like getting pure gold dust.Should be funn setting up all my helis on the new radio. Must remember to remove all blades!!!!!!
andycrazy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in