Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > RC Helicopter Flight School

RC Helicopter Flight School Instructional Flying Tips, Tricks, Videos, and Q&A

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2015, 06:15 AM   #21 (permalink)
CHC Benefactor

Quote:
Originally Posted by aterren View Post
And how are you 4 month on? I flew planes Mode 1 may years ago (and was quite proficient) and have been toying with the idea of giving mode 1 heli a try just for the mindf#ck, as some one above suggested it would be. I'm just curious how you made out?
Not sure you want to try that. It would be as you state. I did once for about an hour to truly experience it. Took a month to recover...
Raptorapture is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2015, 06:34 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Good advice

I stuck with mode one and glad I did. I have never been more inspired than when watching Dunkan shred. He just phenomenal!!! I thought it would be easier to do piro manoeuvres having a stick to stir after talking with a few mode 2 guys at my club.

But once I realised that you actually have to fly the helicopter the entire way through
The manouvre it is clear that it makes no difference what mode you're flying. Just stiring a stick doesn't mean a piroflip will just happen and look good. I also can get a bit ahead of myself and want to be really good in a short amount of time, but it ain't gunna happen and will require years of practice!

As a few people have stated
The key to a lot of manoeuvres is having solid all - orientation flying and rudiments such as upright and inverted slow piros will show me the way. It's taken many months but I can now do an ok piroflip on the sim and with my helicopter at the field but it will take a long time to perfect. Gotta keep on training!!!
majorlemond is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2015, 01:04 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by majorlemond View Post
Wow guys thanks for all the responses,

I've decided to go mode 2, swapped both my transmitters over and have been simming like crazy for the last 3 days, and although it feels weird, with each session it gets just a little easier. Sucks to have to go back to basics but if it helps in the long run it will be worth it.

I cannot believe how addictive this hobby is!
I changed from mode 1 to mode 2 since one and a half year ago. In the past, I learned mode 1 in due to all of my RC friends, that are all flying at mode 1. after some years of absence, I'd like to fly helicopters and changed to mode 2 because it feels more natural to have the cyclic controls on one stick.

it was really hard to switch the modes but with my nano cpx and a good simulator, it was it worth. after 1,5 years of learning, I like to fly my 450 trex out on the field in all orientations (backwards, forwards, inverted backwards, forwards, nose down and tail down funnels, funnel eights etc.) thought that I never learned to switch the modes but it's possible, also with 47 years
shredman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in