Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mSR X

mSR X Blade Micro SRX Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2012, 03:59 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Don,
Martyn was saying to chop about 1/2 of the painted end of the blade i have one lightly used set of msr blades i will try it if my cnc grips ever come in.

i was going to trim them to match the msrx blades but i think they will flex more than they did on the msr.

i still have yet to pull apart a cf blade and duplicate the msrx blades.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2012, 04:58 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamk View Post
Just bought the heli today. Found the heli drifting back and left during hover with a level swash and zero trim. Trimmed out the heli with forward and right trim, so achieving the same thing as shortening the elevator link and lengthening the aileron link. PIro and left hand turn way better after the trim. This is very strange. I have heli from 250 all the way to 700 size with beast x, skookum 720 and Vbar and none of them recommend using trim during set up. But whatever works. I'm very happy with the bird once it's trimmed out.
I re-leveled my swash, initialized the heli and dialed in some right and forward cyclic trim to mimic the previously successful change in servo links. The bird went nuts when I tried to take off! I held it in my hand and spooled her up half throttle and observed the swash. It was tilted to the limits and would not move if I tilted the bird. I then tried subtrim with similar results. For me it was not the same as adjusting the links. Maybe this is why they say don't adjust the trim on an FBL heli...
Ric66 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2012, 05:42 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric66 View Post
I re-leveled my swash, initialized the heli and dialed in some right and forward cyclic trim to mimic the previously successful change in servo links. The bird went nuts when I tried to take off! I held it in my hand and spooled her up half throttle and observed the swash. It was tilted to the limits and would not move if I tilted the bird. I then tried subtrim with similar results. For me it was not the same as adjusting the links. Maybe this is why they say don't adjust the trim on an FBL heli...
There's a guy on RCGroups who also only used trim, he put the trim on, and then powered the heli, he's sure that this makes a difference to adding the trim after the heli is powered - as if maybe the trim somehow adjusts the starting point rather than causing a drift

I've not tried it myself
toys2cars2toys is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2012, 06:00 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hmmm, you know I've noticed the BIG drift to left on take offs, and the unequal behavior on L vs R piros. I'm going to try this in a bit, thanks for the info!

EDIT: I was very careful to mind of the links being closed on one side as you mentioned. The elevator tab on my swash simply folded back (didn't break per say) and I wasn't pushing that hard at all. I seriously can't get over how weak / cheap this thing was, geez. So word of warning, be careful and gently and support it from the back side with forceps or the like.

I'll try gluing it, I have an indoor fly in Friday night.

Blade mCP X - brushless / Blade 130x beta / T Rex 450 Pro FBL / HT Flip FPV / DJI F450 / Nano QX FPV beta

Last edited by WNCmotard; 01-11-2012 at 08:04 PM..
WNCmotard is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2012, 07:53 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by toys2cars2toys View Post
There's a guy on RCGroups who also only used trim, he put the trim on, and then powered the heli, he's sure that this makes a difference to adding the trim after the heli is powered - as if maybe the trim somehow adjusts the starting point rather than causing a drift

I've not tried it myself
Tried again to use the trims by mechanically levelling the swash, dialing in some Tx cyclic trim in the right directions and then arming the heli. Same result, sheer craziness on take-off. The only way I can seem to get the desired result is to center my trims on the Tx and turn the actual rod ends on the heli. I will say those results are incredible! It flies the way I thought it should have all along.
Old 01-11-2012, 09:43 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Not much change with my helli, Need to have the elevator back on turns
flyingdog is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2012, 10:11 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

I did the adjustments my heli and when I turned left it still shot back and right
timmyd463229 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2012, 10:25 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Did this and didnt see any improvement on left rudder still goes back fast, but during flight my bird always want to go front right, I tried 1 turn at a time tried the heli stopped readjusted and still goes hard left on take off and goes back fast on left rudder. Went to 3 front 3 right trying multiple combination.
GOTFrog is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2012, 12:49 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thank you! I made the modifications as recommended ( +3 & -1 turns) and my helicopter flies much better and much closer to level side to side. No more diving piros and hands off hover is greatly improved. My first heli, bought on boxing day, I'm flying with everything stock out of the RTF box with no other mods. Improving every day, but this mod was a quantum leap forward for me.
Skierguy_75 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2012, 01:13 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

I got mine dialed in as much as possible due to my not even close to stock configuration.
Id call it a 45% improvement as i still need input on the cyclic when using the rudder at slow speeds. It gets better when im at a dead stop hover, But its good enough that it doesnt wildly shoot accross the room.

For me i dont think this method is the answer, I feel knowing how to add cyclic when needed and controling the heli manually will be the best answer.

I say this as you dont see many CP pilots complaining about this issue as much as us folks who only flew FP heli's mainly.
Dasfriek is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2012, 06:33 AM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyd463229 View Post
I did the adjustments my heli and when I turned left it still shot back and right
Sounds like you need more forward tilt and less right. Even when dialed in, you still have to fly this bird. Takes quick small movements on the cyclic stick. I still need to nudge mine around a left turn with a little forward stick, but it behaves much better now.
Old 01-12-2012, 06:46 AM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skierguy_75 View Post
Thank you! I made the modifications as recommended ( +3 & -1 turns) and my helicopter flies much better and much closer to level side to side. No more diving piros and hands off hover is greatly improved. My first heli, bought on boxing day, I'm flying with everything stock out of the RTF box with no other mods. Improving every day, but this mod was a quantum leap forward for me.
Many thanks to Martyn McKinney (RCGroups) and toys2cars2toys for coming up with this mod! I can fly my mSRX with a level swash after 2 weeks of practicing, but this makes it fly so much more natural to control, more like the mCPX.
Old 01-12-2012, 10:31 AM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

I know that some people seem to still be complaining that there are still issues when using the recommended 3 and 1 setup. My recommendation is to keep playing with it till you get the heli to go the other way, and then back off a turn. I ended up doing +5 and -2 for mine. I am new to flying single main rotor helis, but in one night I went from chasing the thing all over the room, wondering if I would ever be able to get the hang of flying these things, to having a heli that I could hover hands off. I am still learning, but I can say that the improvement in controllability is orders of magnitude better. I am now using the longer attachments on the swash plate and full rate on the transmitter. I now have fun, and do not fly in fear of the thing.

Adam
Aeroengineer1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2012, 11:00 AM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

I went with 3 turns out and 1 turn in and it was night and day from factory with the stock TX. Bound up my 6DXi and I had to go with 2 turns out and 1 turn in. Thought that was funny.
t-heliflyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2012, 12:03 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-heliflyer View Post
I went with 3 turns out and 1 turn in and it was night and day from factory with the stock TX. Bound up my 6DXi and I had to go with 2 turns out and 1 turn in. Thought that was funny.
Did the same thing with the Bind-n-fly i bought yesterday, 2 out and one in was the sweet spot. Takes off more-or-less straight up with almost no cyclic input and hover is very stable. Swash is titled to the right and down just a tad.

Funny thing is, I could get my original X to hover very stable also, but I had to really correct it on takeoff. That's a procedure that even took me awhile to learn. I had the swash on it dead-on level. Doing this "mod" is just mechanically trimming it to take off and hover stably as opposed to doing the trim with the TX. I suppose once in the air, the gyro took over and compensated it to hover stable. Interesting.

Side note, I did note that you CAN do a half turn of the link rod's eye, but you have to take the J-hook out and reverse it in the servo horn to make sure the eye is right-side in to the swash before you put it back on the swash ball.

-Don
Dont155 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2012, 10:00 AM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thank you so much for this "mod", I had been struggling in quite a small room to take off and maintain a hover, now I get straight up in the air and can get down to the tricky business of balancing that marble in a turn.
thanksforfish is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2012, 12:29 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

With all the weight loss mine has been through i actualy had to come out 1 1/2 turns on the front servo and 1 turn in at the left servo
Old 01-13-2012, 02:34 PM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

I don't know anymore, I've tried all of these adjustments. And while it does make things a little better, I'm about ready to sell this thing. I've not owned a heli yet that goes batshit insane like this when trying to add a little left rudder. I think it even goes nuts if it senses you are considering left turns. I'll give it another shot at the gym this weekend though...
dr_boom is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2012, 04:55 PM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_boom View Post
I don't know anymore, I've tried all of these adjustments. And while it does make things a little better, I'm about ready to sell this thing. I've not owned a heli yet that goes batshit insane like this when trying to add a little left rudder. I think it even goes nuts if it senses you are considering left turns. I'll give it another shot at the gym this weekend though...
I am with you, I fly an mCP X fairly well for basic flight and basic inverted but this thing is just a bad design, for an FP heli I think it is reasonable to expect some level of stable at some time, with the mSR X it never happens.
petedee is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2012, 05:11 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by petedee View Post
I am with you, I fly an mCP X fairly well for basic flight and basic inverted but this thing is just a bad design, for an FP heli I think it is reasonable to expect some level of stable at some time, with the mSR X it never happens.
Have you installed the canopy grommets behind all the links, If not you absolutely have to get the slop out of the head to tighten up control of this thing otherwise the adjustments don't cure the wild out of the box nature of this heli. MH blade grips also help....
Jakk is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in