Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > For Sale Forums – KNOW your buyer/seller ratings! No Price bashing. NO FIREARMS > Stolen, Ripoffs and Scammer alerts

Stolen, Ripoffs and Scammer alerts Post your theft, scammed, ripped off reports here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2014, 08:48 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

That doesn't look like flux, it looks like an adhesive to help stiffen up the antenna at the connection point. It looks very well made and I just ordered 2 myself because of the great reviews. Some say it is much BETTER than the Spektrum brand as well. And take a closer look, it is in no way a mirror image of the Spektrum brand. Not even the same shape.
edin508 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2014, 10:22 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

How can you demonstrate that the fake spektrum performs better than the real?

FWIW
EEngineer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-18-2014, 11:32 PM   #23 (permalink)
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEngineer View Post
To not remove it looks crappy and is a demonstration of poor craftmenship.

FWIW
Not arguing.....Just saying a lot of companies do it. If the insides aren't meant for show it very common. Go take a modern day big name car audio amplifier apart. Looks WAAAAYYY worse then this!!
xokia is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2014, 12:47 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Lemon-rx.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by edin508 View Post
mirror image

Wouldn't a mirror image be the opposite?
Spektrum DX8
Inverse is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2014, 02:34 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by xokia View Post
Not arguing.....Just saying a lot of companies do it. If the insides aren't meant for show it very common. Go take a modern day big name car audio amplifier apart. Looks WAAAAYYY worse then this!!
Really....and I believe you.

And we should be satisfied with ChiCom crap?

I'm from the US....and these ChiCom thieves should be shot or stopped.

FWIW
Old 06-19-2014, 05:46 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverse View Post
Wouldn't a mirror image be the opposite?
Yes, check post #18.
Old 06-25-2014, 01:12 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Say what you want. I have great experience with lemonRX. No problem in any of the RX or satallites. If you like paying 30.00 for a RX than so be it.

I order many times from lemon and took a week from china to NY. I have maybe 10 lemon. Not one have fail. Only complaint is the satallite cable. They do break easier than spektrums.
czynot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-25-2014, 10:52 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Re: Lemon-rx.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEngineer View Post
Really....and I believe you.

And we should be satisfied with ChiCom crap?

I'm from the US....and these ChiCom thieves should be shot or stopped.

FWIW
These aren't clones, or fake spektrum products, just a cheaper option that's compatible with spektrum, and probably made down the street from the real spektrum stuff anyways.

No flux on the antennas, it's clear hot glue strain relief, just like the yellow snot on the spek sat.
Old 06-26-2014, 12:07 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

A cheaper "clone" option....using stolen DSP software.....

As well as cheaply copied PCB artwork...with "snot" included....

Am surprised that fellow HF's approve of supporting such.

FWIW
Old 09-04-2014, 06:46 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Lemon Rx Officer

Dear Customer,

We suspect that you are very unhappy with the order. For this reason we heard your case here and we would like to do full investigation. Please kindly PM your e-mail to us so that we track down your record to confirm that:

1) If your purchase record status was incorrectly stated and your product arrives in unreasonable time
2) Answer all your technical concern
3) Answer all technical issues. RF design and production is our strongest strength so we are more than happy to answer anything you have raised
3) Hearing your wish so that we may design new product based on your feedback.

The reason we are here is that it seems some people may have mistakenly stated certain technical aspect in reviewing our product. We have engineered and manufactured this little receiver with great effort to ensure its performance at its most optimal level. You are paying less simply because we do not invest much in the marketing and we don't rip off customers. We hope that proper RC flying equipment with good quality parts can become affordable to everyone. That's why we exist.

Please feel free to let us know anything. Thanks!

Best Regards,

Lemon Rx Officer
fmak2 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-19-2014, 05:05 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've had a few orders from Lemon and they have always been excellent. They despatch quickly and their stuff certainly appears (to me at a layman) to be top notch quality and for sure works just like original Spektrum gear. For fixed wing their Gyro stabilised Rx is the best one I've come across, bar none, better than the Spektrum equivalent in my opinion and far cheaper too.

Prices are typically 1/4 of Spektrum.
Old 09-25-2014, 06:02 PM   #32 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmak2 View Post
Dear Customer,

We suspect that you are very unhappy with the order. For this reason we heard your case here and we would like to do full investigation. Please kindly PM your e-mail to us so that we track down your record to confirm that:

1) If your purchase record status was incorrectly stated and your product arrives in unreasonable time
2) Answer all your technical concern
3) Answer all technical issues. RF design and production is our strongest strength so we are more than happy to answer anything you have raised
3) Hearing your wish so that we may design new product based on your feedback.

The reason we are here is that it seems some people may have mistakenly stated certain technical aspect in reviewing our product. We have engineered and manufactured this little receiver with great effort to ensure its performance at its most optimal level. You are paying less simply because we do not invest much in the marketing and we don't rip off customers. We hope that proper RC flying equipment with good quality parts can become affordable to everyone. That's why we exist.

Please feel free to let us know anything. Thanks!

Best Regards,

Lemon Rx Officer
Canada?

General IP Information

IP: 183.179.238.114
Decimal: 3082022514
Hostname: 183179238114.ctinets.com
ISP: Hong Kong Broadband Network Ltd
Organization: Hong Kong Broadband Network Ltd
Services: None detected
Type: Broadband
Assignment: Static IP
Blacklist:
Geolocation Information

City: Central District
Latitude: 22.2833 (22° 16′ 59.88″ N)
Longitude: 114.15 (114° 8′ 60.00″ E)

Maybe it is Lemon watching and trying to provide customer service?
Old 11-26-2014, 08:14 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Lemon RX is a reputable outfit, I've bought a bunch of their stuff and have always been very happy with it. The 6ch DSM2 receivers give me a longer range than the genuine Spektrum rx I have and they're a tenth the price and lighter weight. The spots of what look like flux are in fact adhesive to serve as a strain relief. The latest batch of sat rx's come in cases but some remove the case to reduce weight. The communication with them can be a bit spotty, but they are a very small operation and they have good products at very reasonable prices so I'm willing to cut them some slack. You can have quality products, good customer service, low prices, pick any two.

As for the clone argument, have a look at the datasheet and app notes for the Cypress parts used. The PCB layout is similar to the reference design suggested for the chips. When it comes to RF designs you don't have as much freedom to move things around, and why reinvent the wheel?

I have no affiliation with Lemon, I'm just a satisfied customer who came upon this thread searching for something else. If not for compatible receivers like this I'd have never bought a Spektrum radio in the first place. Seems they use the razorblade business model, sell the basic tx at little profit to get you locked in and then make a fortune on the receivers. Then when 6 channels isn't enough, they add a few dollars in pots and switches, load different firmware and charge 3x for a tx with more channels.
James1095 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2015, 02:47 AM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hello James,

Thank you for your explanation. For those who just heard about us please trust that our design is state-of-the-art. We don't start with toy industry initially but industrial-grade RF and automation device as being our primary business (still as of today).

We can sell it in such a low-price because we have been minimizing the "non-necessary" cost to the absolute minimum.

Other companies may have spent much of their money for marketing or business class air ticket (from what we have heard locally these big companies' merchandiser living in 5-star hotel and business class ticket for just coming over to take a look the manufactured goods).

We are different. We have been spending most of the resources in engineering and production. We just wish that people don`t need to spend a fortune to enjoy RC flying. We just want to be the alternative of the other well-designed product. Having said that, we always well respect the others` design so we design every single product from hardware to firmware in-house right from the beginning. Not to mention the RF simulation we have done to make the unit as close to the theoretical yield in terms of performance as much as possible.

Your word-of-mouth is our primary marketing so please support us by letting other people know about Lemon Rx. Your user experience is highly appreciated for us to have a better clue in designing better product. I am sure we will have a lot more exciting products coming shortly in 2015. Thanks again!

Best Regards,

Lemon Rx Officer
fmak2 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2015, 05:38 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmak2 View Post
Hello James,

Thank you for your explanation. For those who just heard about us please trust that our design is state-of-the-art. We don't start with toy industry initially but industrial-grade RF and automation device as being our primary business (still as of today).

Best Regards,

Lemon Rx Officer

Wait a minute, did he just call my helicopter a toy? Not cool

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 01-05-2015, 09:23 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessdigs View Post
Wait a minute, did he just call my helicopter a toy? Not cool

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Go easy on him. He is a little confused. He's in hong kong but his location says Canada.

Dogs come when called. Cats take a message and get back to you later.
Cailid is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2015, 12:15 AM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default A happy customer of Lemon-RX

I have ordered at least 7-8 shipments from lemon-RX. Promps delivery , great products, superb functioning product with a User manual that has been written by an english native speaking person. Just a great experience, each and every time.
I am now expecting my most recent order which includes a set of 3 ESC, a bunch of a/c props and several DMSX receivers. I am stocking up..as that will save the freight amount for subsequent shipments. .
Old 01-06-2015, 04:40 PM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

Installing a Lemon RX and Sat in my 250 quad racer. Small, light weight, binds to a DX8 easy, we'll see how it works when I'm done building.
Old 01-06-2015, 04:58 PM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

They are great receivers, and the new telemetry module is fantastic, far better featured than the original Spektrum one.

Picking up about someone whining on earlier about 'flux' left on the board showing sloppy workmanship... Why do people say these things when they don't know what they are looking at? That 'flux' is actually an epoxy resin that's put on the base of the antenna for strain relief, so it's actually a sign of quality workmanship if anything.

I've got many Lemon products and many original Spektrum ones too and the workmanship and quality of the Lemon is from what i can see (with the benefit of actually owning them) is every bit as good.
Old 01-06-2015, 06:24 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Got my shipment

So just to close the loopiedieploop. I received my LemonRC envelop today . Full with DMSX 6 channel receivers now with satellite connector build in, a bunch of props and a bag with 40A ESC with 3A BEC. It got shipped from Hong Kong on December 30th and landed in California, on my doorstep today 1/6/2015. The order was placed on 12/27/2014. Not to shabby!!
Great supplier, attention to detail.. SECOND TO NONE ..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in