Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Compass Helicopters > Warp 360

Warp 360 Compass Warp 360 Model Helicopter Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2014, 06:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Anyone else have trouble getting high enough cyclic pitch?

Hey guys, I just set up my Warp with an SK540 and had a heck of a time getting high enough cyclic pitch. I set the collective pitch to 13 degrees + and - and then proceeded to do the cyclic pitch. I had to go into the yellow(74%) in the swash mixing fields just to get 9 - 10 degrees. To get that I almost had to max my servo travels in the + and - swash trim section. I am just wondering if this is normal as I tried everything and that the best I could do. Thanks guys

Last edited by Tachead; 04-12-2014 at 07:21 PM..
Tachead is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2014, 06:16 PM   #2 (permalink)

My HF Map location
Default Re: Anyone else have trouble getting high cyclic pitch?

Since the time I went FBL, I've never measured cyclic pitch outside of setup. I just set my cyclic limit to 12 degrees, make sure there's no binding, and fly.

Sent from my phone
Old 04-12-2014, 06:57 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob O View Post
Since the time I went FBL, I've never measured cyclic pitch outside of setup. I just set my cyclic limit to 12 degrees, make sure there's no binding, and fly.

Sent from my phone
I am talking about in setup(this heli is brand new) and I am talking about cyclic pitch not collective pitch. I am at 13 degrees of collective pitch but, can barely get 9-10 degrees of cyclic and to get it there I am having to run far higher travel and swash mixing then I have ever had to do on a setup before. I am just wondering if this in normal with the Warp or if something is wrong with my setup?
Old 04-12-2014, 07:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Is anyone else running a Warp with an SK540? Help please, I am pulling my hair out here guys and am scared to fly my new Warp. Thanks.
Old 04-13-2014, 06:20 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachead View Post
Is anyone else running a Warp with an SK540? Help please, I am pulling my hair out here guys and am scared to fly my new Warp. Thanks.
If you need to nearly max out the servo travel, maybe you are using servo arms that are not long enough ? (the manual should have some info on that)

And 9-10 degrees of cyclic should be fine, as long as you don't get any binding, there shouldn't be any issue (I run around that on my mini prôtos with 360 blades and I have plenty of agility, I'm only running 280° control rates).
If you find it too slow on the cyclic, try upping the control rates, bell gain and cyclic accel first.
Aryemis is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2014, 07:09 AM   #6 (permalink)

My HF Map location
Default Re: Anyone else have trouble getting high enough cyclic pitch?

Yes, I was talking about cyclic. Make sure you use the 15 mm hole on the cyclic servo arms. From there, everything should fall into place.

Sent from my phone
Old 04-15-2014, 10:01 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just a thought, but have you tried to swing the blade around so your taking the measurement with the blade over the nose instead of the boom?
Mikey D is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2014, 09:22 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

So I'm not using a skokum but am able to get 12 degrees cyclic, so it definitely isn't anything mechanical in the warp. I am not using the CF servo arm reinforcements on my cyclic servos, but I'm using that distance which is 15mm. I'd also have plenty of collective beyond the +/-13 that I have set it, It sounds like an issue with either your FBL or TX.

Just to clarify, when you say swash mix, you are talking in your FBL, right? You should have your TX set to single servo/normal which means swash mixing in your TX is not enabled. Swash mix in TX is only for flybar. I apologize if I am stating the obvious, but I stopped assuming things long ago.

Last edited by RudeRebel; 04-16-2014 at 09:28 PM.. Reason: C
RudeRebel is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2014, 08:02 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

I don't mean to but in on someone else's thread but I set my beastx up per instructions to 6 degrees. Will i get more response if I raise it. I get a blue light at 6 degrees and amber and red at any other position, so I stay with the blue? This is the cyclic not pitch(I left that out)
kane601 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2014, 08:31 PM   #10 (permalink)

My HF Map location
Default Re: Anyone else have trouble getting high enough cyclic pitch?

Stay at 6 degrees and blue. You will get your agility through other setup parameters and flight tuning parameters.

Sent from my phone
Old 04-22-2014, 08:46 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Cool, thanks bob O
Old 04-22-2014, 09:24 PM   #12 (permalink)

My HF Map location

The Warp is plenty agile. If you do a proper setup of your FBL controller, and set the flight tuning parameters accordingly, the heli will reward you with excellent performance.

Ever since I went FBL, I've never actually measured how much cyclic pitch I was getting. Rather I've always gone through the FBL setup and set the max limits for cyclic. After that, you adjust the flight tuning parameters to get the performance you want. The FBL controller will decide how much cyclic to use, up to the max limit you found during setup. In my experience, there has never been an insufficient amount of cyclic.

If you need help with the BX and can't get it in the Warp forum, make sure to check out the MICROBEAST forum on HeliFreak. Its full of good info.
Old 04-22-2014, 11:04 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for the info bob O . It is amazing in the air I just didn't know if that would make it better.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in