Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room

Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room - Tips and how-To Videos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2010, 01:40 AM   #221 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Grate job, I was thhinkig of getting one Now i will
joedon is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-28-2010, 09:16 AM   #222 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just like to put my two penneth in. Sometime back I installed a tail boom mounted tail servo and that left a spare servo slot for the Carbsmart servo. Works fine and dandy.
dereksharp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2011, 11:34 AM   #223 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default carbsmart sensor

Hey folks, I installed my carb smart sensor in the head of my pro-50h on a raptor titan. I installed the sensor using some arctic silver epoxy and high temp silicone. I waited to break in my new motor before finally putting it all together. Now that the motor is broken in I mounted my servo, the board, and built all the linkage. During the final setup I noticed my "sensor ok" light would flicker when I wiggled the wire at the board. I believe there to be a broken wire somewhere around the connector. I am guessing my only options are grinding the epoxy out of the head or finding someone with a crimper tool?

Thanks
Norm is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2011, 10:13 PM   #224 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Question I'm a little late...

Well, Just got my carbsmart. I had to improvise for the fuel mixture needle horn deal. I found a metal 1/5th scale servo horn for a rc nitro truck. Was sort of expensive, but It fits nice. (obviously, it has to clamp and not screw in to secure it.) This had both (Huge rc truck...seriously!) I dremmeled out the part where the screw wouldve gone in so only the clamp screw was used to secure it. Used the 450 flybar idea which worked well. Didi my endpoint adj on the little mixture servo.
Is it necessary to use epoxy resin? Can't I just use thermal paste instead? I have tons of that from the other hobby...PC anything. It tends to harden after several cycles of heat w/ a processor. Otherwise, there's another unexpected cost to do this properly.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	07-26-11_2316.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	242669  
Boomkidd is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-27-2011, 03:38 PM   #225 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Just the thermal paste (epoxy type like Arctic Silver) alone is too brittle to hold the sensor from coming loose and possibly damaging the sensor in the process. That's my experience anyway.

Bob
Finless is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-27-2011, 05:25 PM   #226 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finless View Post
Just the thermal paste (epoxy type like Arctic Silver) alone is too brittle to hold the sensor from coming loose and possibly damaging the sensor in the process. That's my experience anyway.

Bob
Gotcha. I'm going to have to guess radio shack will have it? I'd say Microcenter (a pc warehouse 3mins away) but, I think they only have paste, not epoxy (for cpu's or anything w/ a heat sync on it.) Ok, let me go hunting. (I know, I know...there's prob somewhere on the internet that can ship it...but I'm impatient!) I'll order it if I can't find it tho.
As always, thanks mr Finless
Old 07-27-2011, 08:32 PM   #227 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Well...Radio Shack just sucks. You know, I've gone in there like 3 times in the past and I walked out every time empty handed. They just don't ever have what you need. So, I went to Microcenter and they had every type of thermal compound and paste but no epoxy thermal stuff. I then went next door to Pep Boys...nada and finally I went to Loews...also nada. So, I guess it's an order it online deal. What else is that actually used for? I would think electronics...
Old 02-21-2012, 12:33 PM   #228 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default awsome

might have to get me 1 of these
dieselcarb is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in