Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters > Genius CP

Genius CP Walkera Genius CP Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2011, 04:01 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nytflyer View Post
Well was gonna get an mcpx motor today then right before I was leaving for the LHS I tracked my HK order and saw it was out for delivery!

Got the turnigy 1220 installed with an 8 tooth pinion. Headspeed is almost exactly like stock maybe just slightly faster. Which is exactly what I was going for, perfect to learn inverted hovering but no need to worry about dieing motors! I love this motor super quiet!

Oh and BTW Dave got my hat cam made up today so hopefully I will be able to get a few vids of me crashing tomorrow

Hope you guys have a happy weekend of flying!
Hey where did you get the pinion for that inrunner I bet it would be great indoors Leo

Crashing? I should upload my crash videos

Leo so no more reciever issues? See I knew it was just a fluke you just got a dud lol

Btw I just noticed that walkera has 2 versions of genius servo's and I can prove it the V1 has coiled magnetic wires on the pbc and they are soldered by hand not electronicly. They short out causing speratic behavior when flying lock up and break gears ill take pics and show you what I mean
f.a.r.m.e.r is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2011, 07:30 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by f.a.r.m.e.r View Post
Hey where did you get the pinion for that inrunner I bet it would be great indoors Leo

Crashing? I should upload my crash videos

Leo so no more reciever issues? See I knew it was just a fluke you just got a dud lol

Btw I just noticed that walkera has 2 versions of genius servo's and I can prove it the V1 has coiled magnetic wires on the pbc and they are soldered by hand not electronicly. They short out causing speratic behavior when flying lock up and break gears ill take pics and show you what I mean
Hey Dave I got the pinion from here :

http://www.homefly.com/products.asp?id=36

They are slip fit so just need some loctite or CA to stick it to the shaft. Prolly would be a great indoor flyer for you I am not good enough to fly indoors lol only hover

Nope no more receiver issues you fixed it good for me bud I think you are right it was just a dud especially since it broke when brand new and I had not even crashed the heli yet. Now I have well over 75 flights on it since getting it back from you and prolly 200 crashes and no problems

Interesting about the servos. I wonder if it is 1 or the other servos that people keep having a problem with? I have a bunch of old 4#3 servos I am hoping if I have a problem with mine in the future I may be able to use them to repair the GCP servos.

Nytflyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2011, 12:26 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Hey Dave I got the pinion from here :

http://www.homefly.com/products.asp?id=36

They are slip fit so just need some loctite or CA to stick it to the shaft. Prolly would be a great indoor flyer for you I am not good enough to fly indoors lol only hover

Nope no more receiver issues you fixed it good for me bud I think you are right it was just a dud especially since it broke when brand new and I had not even crashed the heli yet. Now I have well over 75 flights on it since getting it back from you and prolly 200 crashes and no problems

Interesting about the servos. I wonder if it is 1 or the other servos that people keep having a problem with? I have a bunch of old 4#3 servos I am hoping if I have a problem with mine in the future I may be able to use them to repair the GCP servos.

I commented your new youtube video, the video's look great, hat cams are a must for these little rockets its so much easier then having someone film

Ok im convinced im going to buy that inrunner for my indoor gcp, I need more indoor power.. Sick of leaving borring blade skuff marks on my wall I would rather punch holes through my walls then it would be worth being sent into the dog house by my girlfriend

Btw I have 12 genius servos, 4 of them locked up and stripped so when I took them apart I noticed the coil wire un-insolated magnetic wire and they were soldered by hand on the board. I doubt wow or walkera would admit they were dropping pre production servo's on us knowing they were crap

Oh well I dont even use walkera servo's any more, hk's have been good to me

Keep poppin them video's out bud

Godbless

Dave
Old 12-04-2011, 04:33 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Godbless

Dave[/QUOTE]

Dave..do you recommend the HK (5320?) the orange ones which I've seen you use in video (thank you) or the black HK 282? OR???
I need to stock up. I've been grounded for a week now because of servo failure.
Mike
shastamike is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2011, 12:05 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by shastamike View Post

Godbless

Dave
Dave..do you recommend the HK (5320?) the orange ones which I've seen you use in video (thank you) or the black HK 282? OR???
I need to stock up. I've been grounded for a week now because of servo failure.
Mike[/QUOTE]

Hi hk 282's bud

Happy holidays :
Old 12-06-2011, 07:07 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I commented your new youtube video, the video's look great, hat cams are a must for these little rockets its so much easier then having someone film

Ok im convinced im going to buy that inrunner for my indoor gcp, I need more indoor power.. Sick of leaving borring blade skuff marks on my wall I would rather punch holes through my walls then it would be worth being sent into the dog house by my girlfriend

Btw I have 12 genius servos, 4 of them locked up and stripped so when I took them apart I noticed the coil wire un-insolated magnetic wire and they were soldered by hand on the board. I doubt wow or walkera would admit they were dropping pre production servo's on us knowing they were crap

Godbless

Dave
I saw your comments thanks bud! Maybe one day when I grow up I will be able to fly as good as you.

I think that inrunner is the PERFECT motor for you to fly in your living room. With the 8 tooth pinion it feels to me exactly the power of the stocked brushed motor. I wanted to try the 10 tooth I have but I drank a few beers and decided to switch pinions without removing the motor from the heli.

Burnt like 3 teeth of my main gear with the soldering iron Hate it when that happens lol. But, got a new one on the way from wow hope to have it tomorrow.

Lol I don't know how you get away with banging the G against your walls my wife would have my head! I have seen you bang yours of the wall a bunch of times

Very entertaining

That doesn't surprise me about the servos either walkera is notorius for unloading there old/bad stock on us poor heli crack addicts. I got one of the orange servos with the order that I bought that inrunner. Not gonna test it though until one of mine goes bad and so far so good! Next time I place an HK order I am gonna grab a few of the ones you have can't go wrong with those!
Peace bro!
Old 12-06-2011, 08:34 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

Lol I don't know how you get away with banging the G against your walls my wife would have my head! I have seen you bang yours of the wall a bunch of times

Very entertaining

Peace bro!
Yes I think his parents got it wrong they should have called him Harvey

Regards David
DocD is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2011, 07:46 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Lmao david I think your right

Check out this video

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfmS2qU4VtE&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

I hope he wasnt sober while making this video

How did he not get tangled in the string????

Gets an A+ for effort lol

David, Leo

buds

Farmer
Old 12-13-2011, 08:48 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Lol Dave that video is a trip

We are getting a little off topic here but man these genius threads are dead So I guess it doesn't really matter much.

No love for this little heli at helifreak??? I would have thought with finless giving it the

Maybe some more guys would be getting into this awesome little heli. Anyways, we will just hog all the fun for ourselves

About a year ago (well prolly close to 2 years now) when I got my first CP the blade SR I was trying to figure out how to learn inverted. I found this video :

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4aleDeRS7Y[/ame]

Needless to say I decided that tethering by a string to learn inverted was NOT a good idea.

Peace guys!
Old 12-14-2011, 11:35 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Gear pullers

Quote:

We are getting a little off topic here but man these genius threads are dead So I guess it doesn't really matter much.

No love for this little heli at helifreak??? I would have thought with finless giving it the

Maybe some more guys would be getting into this awesome little heli. Anyways, we will just hog all the fun for ourselves

About a year ago (well prolly close to 2 years now) when I got my first CP the blade SR I was trying to figure out how to learn inverted. I found this video :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4aleDeRS7Y

Needless to say I decided that tethering by a string to learn inverted was NOT a good idea.

Peace guys!
What a brave volunteer.
Couldn't believe on RCG I found the Genius thread on second page! Times have changed. I'm a couple months behind everyone. I'm still trying to figure out which way to go on motors. I guess first thing I need is a pinion puller. Anyone able to use this puller, the Xtreme pinion puller on stock Genius motors? I believe the puller size is 1.5mm and the stock and brushless size is 1mm.
Mike
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	XTMEA063.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	25.2 KB
ID:	273641  
Old 12-14-2011, 03:31 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by shastamike View Post
What a brave volunteer.
Couldn't believe on RCG I found the Genius thread on second page! Times have changed. Mike
You're right about that !!!

Prolly because that "Bobepine" character seems to want to own the whole show...and gets offensive at anything that anybody says that dont fit in with his personal view of the World.

I wont bother going back there...not worth the effort.

David
amphip is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2011, 04:52 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by amphip View Post
You're right about that !!!

Prolly because that "Bobepine" character seems to want to own the whole show...and gets offensive at anything that anybody says that dont fit in with his personal view of the World.

I wont bother going back there...not worth the effort.

David
It is a bit quieter and friendly feeling here. The RCG pages get a bit crazy every few days. I can skip over that, but I really hate it if I need help and my post gets buried in the verbal fracas.
Mike
Old 12-14-2011, 04:59 PM   #33 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

I think the Genius is popular to those that don't already have a radio (Spektrum) etc. I know guys that like mine but wont go for it due to having to buy another radio and learn to program it. Go figure but that seems to be the case in my flying areas out here in Ca.

Honestly I think Walkera could go a lot farther if they made spektrum compatible RX's as an option.

FYI my brushed Genius gets more air time than my brushless. Why I am not sure I just like it. Makes you learn collective management more .

Bob
Finless is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2011, 05:05 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Deleted (i should have read all the pages first, thanks for the help guys).
Old 12-14-2011, 08:30 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finless View Post
I think the Genius is popular to those that don't already have a radio (Spektrum) etc. I know guys that like mine but wont go for it due to having to buy another radio and learn to program it. Go figure but that seems to be the case in my flying areas out here in Ca.

Honestly I think Walkera could go a lot farther if they made spektrum compatible RX's as an option.

FYI my brushed Genius gets more air time than my brushless. Why I am not sure I just like it. Makes you learn collective management more .

Bob
Easier said than done Bob, walkera would have to produce the Rx's under license from Horizon to which horizon would have to give permission, that would mean walkera's strongest competitor would have control over them, how does the saying go by the short and curlies.

Is not likely to ever happen, non of the main manufacturers are likely to agree to a single system which is a real shame, you can not even get them to agree to the same plugs so Rx's are interchangeable on these smaller models.

Heres wishing Bob I am with you in sentiment But......

Regards David
DocD is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2011, 06:37 AM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

^is a mirror reversal for me.

Since I started with Walkera, I can't use spectrum products. However, I find it just as easy to fly a clone align (my 450 and 2 250's and a 450 dynam) with Walkera products installed. I was going to take it a step further by getting a 500 atom or 6HV with a 2702V installed. But I decided to hold off for a long while.

The only real problem for you spectrum guy's, is that its going to be tougher to install electronics on a 120 class heli, but not impossible. Especially if the RX gets small enough, or same size as a Walkera RX on 120 heli's.

But, it would be just as easy to just by a good walkera tx, and use that only for 120 class heli's, and perhaps more cost effective on the user side. I can't imagine spending allot of cash just to convert a walkera heli (when they sell as a set package) to run off a spectrum TX.
Erazor 450 (2801 rx) 2750kv | EXI 450 Pro (2702V rx) FBL Tri-Blade head 3500kv AKE | V450 Walkera (2702V rx) 3950kv Turbo ACE 804 | 4F200 & 4F200LM | V200DQ02 & V200D02 | V120D02 & V120D05 | 250 CopterX | 250 EXI FBL | Genius - WK2801
Silver-techie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2011, 02:58 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4aleDeRS7Y

Peace guys!
You got to be kidding me???

Are they fly fishing???
Old 12-15-2011, 05:59 PM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
You got to be kidding me???

Are they fly fishing???
Brave volunteer holding the pole eh Dave?
Old 12-15-2011, 06:01 PM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

Lol mike very brave and foolish
Old 12-15-2011, 07:16 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Lol mike very brave and foolish
They are neither brave nor foolish I guarantee you lol they are DRUNK!

I am telling you I could get my best bud that I have known for 30 years to hold that pole for me after a 30 pack of Budweiser

I have probably watched that vid 100 times in 1-2 years and I always lmao everytime.

Oh BTW feel ya guys on the RCG thing. I don't have time to wade through 15 posts of complaining/arguing to get to one on topic post. And, like Mike said if you ask for help 9 out of 10 times your post gets burried in the arguments.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in