Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Jeti Duplex Radio Systems

Jeti Duplex Radio Systems Jeti Duplex Radio Systems Support

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2013, 05:16 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Post your "HOW DO YOU DO THAT" Questions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puttputt maru View Post
if you are flying with values for example of 1700 and 2100 you want to set your values just above and below:

Min = 1690
Max = 2110

This is what I saw they advice on the European forum. I have not tried it yet in real life though.

Castle has good video on how to set their product but it works just as good for Mezon
I agree about the castle setup vid. Very similar.

Not sure about the above and below values. I've never done that and my gov holds extremely well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2013, 08:22 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seasick78 View Post
Not sure about the above and below values. I've never done that and my gov holds extremely well.
That is what I have seen in the German forum.

Just curious then what did you put in that part of the programming

or are you not using the "constant RPM" column?
Old 03-26-2013, 10:08 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puttputt maru View Post
That is what I have seen in the German forum.

Just curious then what did you put in that part of the programming

or are you not using the "constant RPM" column?
Yes - the "column" is nothing more than a visual flow chart of the settings menu. I still have a min and max set. I have my min set to 2500 and my max to 2700 (on my Mezon 90). But I do not enter them as 2490 and 2710... Just straight up 2500 and 2700.
Old 03-30-2013, 10:59 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Is it possible to somehow factory reset a Mezon or force a firmware upgrade? I tried to upgrade a Mezon 90 from 1.23 to 1.27. That failed, and it seems like it's left in a zombie state where it's half-upgraded..

I can't connect to it with the JetiBox, and it doesn't respond to stick input. When I try to upgrade again, it says

USB adapter o.l.
Device searching...
Device detected.
ID (39185:21802) H:0911 B:0221 S:FFFF
ID (39185:21802) H:0911 B:0221 S:FFFF
Error: No update data found
Update error. Try again please.
Jotto is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2013, 11:02 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Are you trying to update the Mezon with the Profi or with a the USB update adapter?

I tried doing it with the Profi and it gave me similar results. I reflashed the Profi and was back to normal. For the Mezon I ended up getting the USB adapter and it worked like a champ. For some reason it just wasn't happy trying to give an update using the Profi as the update tool.
Old 03-30-2013, 07:17 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Re: Post your "HOW DO YOU DO THAT" Questions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seasick78 View Post
Are you trying to update the Mezon with the Profi or with a the USB update adapter?

I tried doing it with the Profi and it gave me similar results. I reflashed the Profi and was back to normal. For the Mezon I ended up getting the USB adapter and it worked like a champ. For some reason it just wasn't happy trying to give an update using the Profi as the update tool.
I am using the usb adapter. For the record, I have updated two Mezon 130 successfully with the usb adapter.

Sent from my cell phone - I apologize for any spelling errors
Old 04-28-2013, 07:59 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Actually I do have a question about the DC-16/DS-16 setup. Is there an option that would give me a warning via voice or sound ... when throttle is not at low point and flight mode is different than default/normal ... whatever we want to name the initial flight mode?

Reason for asking simply is that I would like to setup a safety option whenturning on the transmitter.
im4711 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2013, 08:07 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by im4711 View Post
Actually I do have a question about the DC-16/DS-16 setup. Is there an option that would give me a warning via voice or sound ... when throttle is not at low point and flight mode is different than default/normal ... whatever we want to name the initial flight mode?

Reason for asking simply is that I would like to setup a safety option whenturning on the transmitter.
You can set up a condition where you want all your sticks and switches to be when you start the radio. I set it up where the throttle is down, throttle hold is on and in some cases I want a couple of switches in a specific position.

See section 9.3.2 in the manual for how to set pre-flight conditions.

Lou
www.circlecityhelis.com
lperagallo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2013, 08:08 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

Not sure if you can have a voice or an alarm warning on it but you can definitely assign a position to every switch knob slider and stick that you want to have prior to the transmitter being turned on.

When you turn it on with the centre button if one of the stick switch button... is not in the right place the main screen will show the transmitter and what is not in the right position will be blinking. You can't proceed to turning on the Tx fully until you have moved everything to the proper positioning.

GO:
Advanced Properties==Sticks/Switches Setup==Required pre-fl pos.

(Lou you were faster)
Old 04-28-2013, 08:20 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Thanks - Shame on me not looking into it. I just overlooked that feature.
Old 04-28-2013, 08:24 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Hey I was so excited when I got my DC that it took me a while before I really read the manual, I am still discovering
Old 04-28-2013, 08:26 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Quote:
There is a lot to look at. For the most part, if you want to do something there is probably a way......but it may take you some time to find it in the manual or the menus.

The preflight warning has helped me make sure I have all my switches in the correct positions when I fly my Quadcopter. Way too many switches on something so easy to fly.
Lou
www.circlecityhelis.com
lperagallo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2013, 08:49 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Worked perfectly fine. Cool to combine the options and actually looking good on the message screen.
Old 04-30-2013, 02:48 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

I know that I can assign sounds to switches, but can I assign sounds to flight modes as well?

For more than 3 flight modes, it's not sufficient to bind the sounds to specific switches.

Edit: I'm using a DS-16 with Firmware 2.0.
Old 04-30-2013, 03:10 PM   #35 (permalink)

Default Sounds for Flight Modes?

Not sure I understand your question. I have more than three flight modes and various combinations of switches activate the respective flight modes (DC-16, Still R1.7.1).

As I like to have sounds assigned, I just used the Logical Switches that create flight modes or individual switches, and use them as the trigger for a "Sounds on Events" entry.

I apologize if I am misunderstanding your question, but it seems that whatever is triggering your flight modes to change can be the "event" that triggers a sound.

Michael
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jotto View Post
I know that I can assign sounds to switches, but can I assign sounds to flight modes as well?

For more than 3 flight modes, it's not sufficient to bind the sounds to specific switches.

Edit: I'm using a DS-16 with Firmware 2.0.
Snowflake6515 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2013, 03:40 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowflake6515 View Post
Not sure I understand your question. I have more than three flight modes and various combinations of switches activate the respective flight modes (DC-16, Still R1.7.1).

As I like to have sounds assigned, I just used the Logical Switches that create flight modes or individual switches, and use them as the trigger for a "Sounds on Events" entry.

I apologize if I am misunderstanding your question, but it seems that whatever is triggering your flight modes to change can be the "event" that triggers a sound.
Let's say I have set up my flight modes as:

1. Throttle hold (on SH switch)
2. Normal mode (SA switch position 1)
3. Idle up 1 (SA position 2)
4. Idle up 2 (SA position 3)

I want the DS-16 to tell me whatever mode I am in (throttle hold, normal, idle up 1, idle up 2). However, if I bind the voice to a switch, the transmitter will say "Idle up 1", even if I am in throttle hold mode.

Hence I want a voice for the flight mode, not the switch position. So perhaps I need to define a logical switch and use that for the voice?
Old 04-30-2013, 05:08 PM   #37 (permalink)

Default Priority of Flight Modes

Your arrangement, if as listed in numerical order, shows that TH is the lowest numbered flight mode and, therefore, by Jeti description, "highest priority". Consequently, even if SA is in position for flight mode "normal", 1, if you throw SH (TH), then your screen display should change to "Throttle Hold" and, if you have a voice announcement, it will announce whatever file assigned. IIRC, TH, by default, is the lowest numbered (highest priority) flight mode.

I do use Logical Switches, but, in this case, you want TH to be active regardless of whatever flight mode you might have been in and the priority arrangement should ensure that is the case.

If, while in TH flight mode, you reposition SA, your screen display should not change from "Throttle Hold" (priority order), but the "event" would trigger the voice response for that switch "position" even though the flight mode had not actually changed.

Depending upon how you associated your pitch curves with flight modes (separate, or a TH specific curve), you may want to hear that announcement...

Michael
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jotto View Post
Let's say I have set up my flight modes as:

1. Throttle hold (on SH switch)
2. Normal mode (SA switch position 1)
3. Idle up 1 (SA position 2)
4. Idle up 2 (SA position 3)

I want the DS-16 to tell me whatever mode I am in (throttle hold, normal, idle up 1, idle up 2). However, if I bind the voice to a switch, the transmitter will say "Idle up 1", even if I am in throttle hold mode.

Hence I want a voice for the flight mode, not the switch position. So perhaps I need to define a logical switch and use that for the voice?
Snowflake6515 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2013, 06:43 AM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowflake6515 View Post
Your arrangement, if as listed in numerical order, shows that TH is the lowest numbered flight mode and, therefore, by Jeti description, "highest priority". Consequently, even if SA is in position for flight mode "normal", 1, if you throw SH (TH), then your screen display should change to "Throttle Hold" and, if you have a voice announcement, it will announce whatever file assigned. IIRC, TH, by default, is the lowest numbered (highest priority) flight mode.

I do use Logical Switches, but, in this case, you want TH to be active regardless of whatever flight mode you might have been in and the priority arrangement should ensure that is the case.

If, while in TH flight mode, you reposition SA, your screen display should not change from "Throttle Hold" (priority order), but the "event" would trigger the voice response for that switch "position" even though the flight mode had not actually changed.

Depending upon how you associated your pitch curves with flight modes (separate, or a TH specific curve), you may want to hear that announcement...

Michael
The flight modes and the information on the screen behaves correctly (it's always in TH, regardless of the SA position). However, I want the voice to reflect the flight mode (i.e. the same as the information on the screen). The throttle curve in TH is constant zero.

Edit: also, when I disable throttle hold, I'd like the voice to announce manual/idle up 1/idle up 2. I think this can be done with logic switches based on switches, but there will be a whole lot of logical switches... it would be better if one could connect the event to a change of flight mode.
Old 05-01-2013, 12:38 PM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have to tried it yet due to work and travel right now but I think a solution may lay in setting up logical switches that might reflect combinations. These a not tight to just one switch but instead show a current status of a combination of switches.

That would be the answer to quite a few requirements when you want to reflect a response based o a status of combination of switches.
Old 05-01-2013, 12:41 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

I figured it out using logical switches.

I defined one logical switch called "L-TH" which is true if the throttle hold switch is activated. Then i defined one logical switch for each additional flight mode (Normal -> L-Normal, Idle up 1->L-IU1 etc). Each of those is true if the sa flight mode switch is in Normal/IU1/IU2 AND L-TH is false.

I then added voice events to those logical switches. Because the logical switches are evaluated every time the flight mode or throttle hold switches are flipped, I'm getting the correct voice for TH on (announcing "throttle hold"), TH OFF (announcing Normal/IU1/IU2) and when I flip the flight mode switch. Moreover, nothing is announced if I flip the flightmode switch when throttle hold is activated. Very cool!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in