Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Compass Helicopters > Warp 360

Warp 360 Compass Warp 360 Model Helicopter Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2014, 12:24 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default quick release battery holder.

I liked how my x3 had the battery system a plate built into the heli and a plate for the battery I use a plate for each battery to make life easier. looks like the only casualty is the canopy holder on the skids. though with some spacers I could make it work. Make sure you have it far enough forward so the release lever is far enough forward to actually work once you adjust the battery placement it will always be in the same place.
the holder comes with screws though they are a bit short so I screwed it to the battery plate and used some e6000 to make sure it stays in place.

Fooferdoggie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2014, 06:02 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nice project,

I have to admit that changing packs on the warp is a bit of a chore. The battery straps it comes with are a pain so i swapped them for an align set and its bearable but a good quick release would be cool.
waxman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-28-2014, 08:56 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

That is a battery tray for the X3? Can you still get your canopy on and off easily with it?

Saje Marvin - Citizen 125
Raz0rSh4rp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-28-2014, 09:07 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Great idea but added weight and clearance are the concerns that I have.

How much does it weigh?
BaconRaygun is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-28-2014, 09:20 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

some scorpion straps with the plastic end work great. One strap holds things really well. Very quick on and off.
Old 02-28-2014, 02:42 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

better velcro helps but when you have to hold everything in your hands it is a little slower this is slide the battery in and it is done. the canopy I have is tight anyway should flip the batteries around as the wire goes in the way.
Old 02-28-2014, 04:14 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Re: quick release battery holder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fooferdoggie View Post
better velcro helps but when you have to hold everything in your hands it is a little slower this is slide the battery in and it is done. the canopy I have is tight anyway should flip the batteries around as the wire goes in the way.
Slower? Takes me 26 seconds to remove and place new battery. Plenty of time to take a sip of my coffee too.
Old 02-28-2014, 04:16 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

You hold that coffee at the same time? I have to juggle it all in my hands along with the canopy. got the batteries in my hoody pockets. I can't change it that fast too much fumbling. much easier on my x3.
Old 02-28-2014, 09:05 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

I too will be sharing batteries between X3 and Warp, and thought about this. I have yet to build my Warp so I was still just pondering the idea. Awesome to see it in action. How secure is the holder to the warp? That would be my only concern.

Having been using the sliding tray system on the X3, and having sliders for each of my batteries, switching from one battery to the next should be in the sub-10 second range, most of which would be disconnecting the old battery from the ESC and connecting the new one.
Old 02-28-2014, 09:14 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

the plate comes with screws I used 4 of them to screw it to the warp plate but also silicone adhesive so between them both it should be plenty strong.
Old 03-01-2014, 10:23 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

It's a great idea, but I don't find it difficult to change my packs.

Instead of fumbling with it in my hands like a hot potato, I flip it so it's resting on it's head on the table. Maybe takes me an extra 5-10 seconds vs. a tray.

The other upside to this mod though, is that it helps solve CG balance issues for some guys. The downside is that it adds additional weight.
Jeff_Barrett is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-2014, 11:25 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

table whats a table? I am standing there with everything in my hands. a table would make a big difference but I have to hold everything in my hands.
Old 03-02-2014, 08:43 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fooferdoggie View Post
table whats a table? I am standing there with everything in my hands. a table would make a big difference but I have to hold everything in my hands.
If your field doesn't have tables, or you don't bring a portable fold up one, then use the giant table you're standing on called the ground. LOL!

In all seriousness, I always have a blanket in my vehicle if I don't have my portable table with me, or I'm in a location with tables. It can even be a plastic door / car mat.
Old 03-02-2014, 08:49 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

vehicle blanket? how much can I carry in my two hands? my field is 200 feet from my house have my warp my x3 and my 300x and radio in one hand landing pad in the other and batteries in my pocket. no outlets tables or anything but blackberries and trees
Old 03-02-2014, 09:41 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Get a wheel barrow or one of those pull around garden carts, or a kids Radio Flyer wagon ... or a back pack.

There are plenty of solutions if you're willing to look for them ....

.... one of my first bosses once told me "Failure has many excuses, but success needs none ..."

Old 03-02-2014, 10:18 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default quick release battery holder.

A wagon is not a bad idea I have two. But it is almost impossible to get one up the slop I have to go up and a fence to step over plus the ground is really rough the helis would have to be strapped down. Here is the slope I have to go up nice and steep and the only way up when it is wet way to slick. The most I fly at once is 6 batteries so no use going to much effort. My site kind of sucks really small trees and really big blackberries that gave eaten several of my small helis.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in