Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > FMA/Revolectrix Product Support

FMA/Revolectrix Product Support FMA/Revolectrix Factory Product Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2011, 01:26 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Need help with new DX8 and CPII install

I think I have totally overwhelmed my brain here and need someone to get me back on track please! Here's the deal: I decided to go ahead and install the AR 8000 Rx that came with my DX8 and make the transition from my DX6i Tx. Since I now have extra channels, I am trying to set it up to where the gear switch controls the CPII on/off and I would like the gyro switch to behave just like it did on the 6i which was position 0=HH mode (gain >50%) and Position 1= Rate mode. (gain<50%)
I have the yellow gain wire from my GY401 plugged into SVO4 on the CP computer and I have the on/off lead plugged into the gear channel on my Rx. At this point, I went into the function list, selected gyro, and set the gain to 35% for position 0. Since the DX8 uses actual gain it was my understanding that 35% would be a good starting point. (on the DX6i I used 68%gain) I obviously have something setup wrong because the rudder is acting like it is in rate mode even though the light is solid. Can someone please walk me through the proper radio set up for what I am trying to do. I did do a search first but I couldn't find anything that helped with my particular situation. Thanks!
JKS3613 is offline        Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2011, 02:11 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

being as you have the ar 8000 you dont even need to use cp for they gyro gain.
Use your reg gear channel for your gyro gain and Aux2 to control cp.
T-Rex 800DFC Pro, 700LTOP, 700L Night, 550V2, 470LT, 250DFC, Oxy-2 x2, 3 x2, 4, Goblin 500 Sport(soon), Fireball x2, Blade 230s Night, 180CFX, MCPS, Nano CPX & NQX2 FPV, Vortex 250, Inductrix FPV. K110 Cars/Trucks/Planes AMA#L965241, Part 107 Pilot
#iamundeservedlyblessedandiknowit
TeeJayShelton is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2011, 02:13 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

once you get it wired this way you will be able to vary your gyro and your cp gain from the tx.

Get your gyro dialed back in, then work on getting your cp tuned.
T-Rex 800DFC Pro, 700LTOP, 700L Night, 550V2, 470LT, 250DFC, Oxy-2 x2, 3 x2, 4, Goblin 500 Sport(soon), Fireball x2, Blade 230s Night, 180CFX, MCPS, Nano CPX & NQX2 FPV, Vortex 250, Inductrix FPV. K110 Cars/Trucks/Planes AMA#L965241, Part 107 Pilot
Old 08-20-2011, 04:05 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Thanks for your replies! I'm trying to set it up like you said but I am not sure where to connect everything. I moved the gain lead back from the CP to the gear channel on the rx based on what you said and now I have the on/off lead going to aux 3. However, I want the gear switch to control the CP not aux 3 and I'm not sure how to make it work that way.
Old 08-20-2011, 04:15 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

for simplicity you could leave cp in the gear slot and control your gyro with aux3
Old 08-21-2011, 08:45 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Well, I thought about that but the whole reason that I want to use the gear switch is because of its location and easy access in an emergency (bailout) situation.. Aux 3 is actually a knob on the DX8 that would not be nearly as easy to activate quickly when needed. Since the CP on/off is now plugged into the Aux 2 spot, I think I just need to somehow swap the gear and aux 2 switches which I think can be done via programming so once I figure that out, I think I will have it setup the way that I want.
Old 08-21-2011, 12:59 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I think I have totally overwhelmed my brain here and need someone to get me back on track please! Here's the deal: I decided to go ahead and install the AR 8000 Rx that came with my DX8 and make the transition from my DX6i Tx. Since I now have extra channels, I am trying to set it up to where the gear switch controls the CPII on/off and I would like the gyro switch to behave just like it did on the 6i which was position 0=HH mode (gain >50%) and Position 1= Rate mode. (gain<50%)
I have the yellow gain wire from my GY401 plugged into SVO4 on the CP computer and I have the on/off lead plugged into the gear channel on my Rx. At this point, I went into the function list, selected gyro, and set the gain to 35% for position 0. Since the DX8 uses actual gain it was my understanding that 35% would be a good starting point. (on the DX6i I used 68%gain) I obviously have something setup wrong because the rudder is acting like it is in rate mode even though the light is solid. Can someone please walk me through the proper radio set up for what I am trying to do. I did do a search first but I couldn't find anything that helped with my particular situation. Thanks!

Ok lets sort this out...

First remove the gyro gain from the CPII SV04 port, and install it into the gear channel,
By what you has described you have the gear channel setup for gyro, you can now adjust your gyro gain via your Tx.
As to the On / Off function of the CPII ....Install the On / Off lead from the CPII into one of the open AUX channels on your Rx,
Set the ATV or travel adjust to +100 / -100 (or it may be 100 / 0 not sure on your Tx) the AUX switch you assign to that channel will now switch the CPII On & Off...

Any other problems feel free to ask.

nightflyr is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2011, 02:26 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Thanks Nightflyr! Yes, I have the gyro part straight now and it works as it should from the gyro switch and I can control gain from the tx. I also have the CP on/off lead going to aux2 on the rx, however, there are two issues here. First is that regardless of which of the three availible positions I select on the Aux2 switch (0,1,2) it doesn't seem to affect the CP at all.(Travel on aux2 is set to the default of 100-100.) If I put my hand near the main sensor the swash will react regardless of sw position. Secondly, even if it did work correctly on aux2, the physical location of the sw itself is not where I want it to be, hence, my desire to control it through the gear switch. What am I missing here. I feel like the answer is right there I just can't seeit for some reason!
Old 08-21-2011, 02:37 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hmmm Now .I'm wondering if the reason I can't find the "gear" selection under the SW Select menu is because it only shows up for "Airplane" model types and not "Heli's"? It just doesn't seem right not to be able to use a physical switch because of the model type selected. If that is the case, is there anyway to add it to the Heli menu?
Old 08-21-2011, 06:22 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I do not own your Tx so I can not give you an answer as to the setup on it,
But as to the switch function..

During quick setup it asks you about what type of switch and runs a functional test that is displayed on the hand held programmer....

you need to tell the CPII what type of switch your using and assign flight modes to that switch and in which position you want the fight mode to operate..

Sounds like you missed a few steps in the setup process..

Old 08-21-2011, 06:30 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Duh! I feel like a total idiot now. I have been so focused on the tx issue I totally forgot to redo the quick setup on CP. That explains why the aux2 wasn't working so now I just need to figure out how to move it from there to the gear switch. Thanks TeeJay and Nightflyr for all of your help. I truly appreciate it!
Old 08-21-2011, 06:59 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

It's easy to lose the Forrest due to the trees...

As to the switch assignments.. Your stuck reading through the owners manual unless someone has your Tx and can explain the "how to's"

Old 08-21-2011, 07:51 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Exactly Nightflyr, exactly! haha Well,just finished 2 batteries getting her all tuned in again and I actually like it being on the aux2 switch afterall. Even though it is a 3 way switch, I set it up as a 2 way with down or "0" pos "on" and pos 1 "off". That way, anytime I want to fly with it off and need a a bailout, it is just as easy for me to flick the aux2 forward as it is to hit the gear switch up. I am still going to try to figure out how to move it to the gear switch, just so I will know, but as of now I am a happy camper. Thanks again for the help guys!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in