Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > FMA/Revolectrix Product Support

FMA/Revolectrix Product Support FMA/Revolectrix Factory Product Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2012, 11:37 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks Tim
I will try once more to get it working and if I still have a problem with the CPII installed on the TREX will email or call you next week.

See every one. That's why I always recommend FMA products to anyone who needs their products !!!! They are one great company ! Tim is the owner of FMA and tell me one other company which has an owner that will reply to a post , on a Saturday ! You will NEVER have a problem with FMA !!! Sometimes problems happen with electronic devices, that's normal and to be expected sometimes !

Thank's Tim, Hope you get some good Heli flying in tomorrow !
Roger
ROGER G is offline        Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-30-2012, 09:37 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Mhh, I have set mine to 150, and flown it, and did not notice any issue. However, I selected no accessory device fitted, as I do not have my HD module yet. Is this bug only evident when the CPII is in the HD fitted mode? I'm thinking it must be since mine was working. If it is, perhaps you could try it by choosing no HD device fitted during set-up, and then see what happens?

Cheers

Sutty
EDIT: Forget it, I see you made another thread, and the 126% worked. So even if it would work at 150% by not selecting HD module it doesn't really matter now. Good stuff.
sutty is online now        Quick reply to this message
Old 09-30-2012, 11:10 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Sutty
The problem has nothing to do with the HD. When in the Quick set up mode on the IR controller, when it ask's ' 3D Mode ? ' and you choose ' Yes ' that's when the problem appears. Not a big problem when you know about it.
Old 09-30-2012, 11:41 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Right, but I have that exact situation. V2.4, 3D mode selected and 150% on the stick priority, and yet it worked perfectly, both in flight with CPII enabled, and for manual ER when I switched the CPII from off to on in some very precarious test situations, and experienced the lightning fast bail outs I expected. The only difference between my set up and yours is that I did not select that I had HD present, which I assume you did, because you have one.

If, you also had HD module not present selected, then we had the exact same settings, so that would have me very concerned that I flew it with this issue. If I did have the issue, god knows how I couldn't tell.

Cheers

Sutty
Old 09-30-2012, 12:57 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

I do not have the HD selected. I think what it might be is that it may very well work at 150% but if you go to the Preflight mode on your IR controller, it will say :
' Caution : Stick Priority must be >50% for 3D ' . Now, when I lower stick priority to 125%, that message disappears ! Take a look at your preflight mode. But like I said, maybe it works anyway, regardless of the Caution Msg.
Old 09-30-2012, 01:34 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Thanks Roger, I'm sure you must be right, as I saw no ill effects.

Cheers

Sutty
Old 10-05-2012, 08:49 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Help cp2 preflight s reen

Guys I have just run into trouble with my cp2
I haven't these units for a while and when I took them out last week and installed on my p47 minut I turned on plane went into spiral dive an crashed.im trying to figure out why as I know all the wiring is done correctly.onething that stands out is that when I do preflight check on my cp2 remote it showing high values on both pitch (-70) & roll (-68) even when the aircraft is sitting straight and level.

I'm sure if I can get 0 on theses values when aircraft is level it will work .

Any ideas, I have emailed Howard from FMA as well but haven't heard back .reall want to get this fixed by this weekend if I can
Force11 is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2012, 12:24 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Force11 View Post
Guys I have just run into trouble with my cp2
I haven't these units for a while and when I took them out last week and installed on my p47 minut I turned on plane went into spiral dive an crashed.im trying to figure out why as I know all the wiring is done correctly.onething that stands out is that when I do preflight check on my cp2 remote it showing high values on both pitch (-70) & roll (-68) even when the aircraft is sitting straight and level.

I'm sure if I can get 0 on theses values when aircraft is level it will work .

Any ideas, I have emailed Howard from FMA as well but haven't heard back .reall want to get this fixed by this weekend if I can
Good Day,

I would look at your setup, what sensor or sensors windows are facing forward and if the main sensor label is facing the sky or ground. What were the preflight readings? Did you have level flight assigned to a switch and was it verified in the preflight?
"A Veteran -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to: 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life." __ Unknown
Howard Matos is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 10-25-2012, 10:20 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Quick setup will not allow me to calibrate stick movements after V2.4 update.

Is this another v2.4 software issue? Any help is greatly appreciated.

I have been using CP2 v1.47 on a Blade 400 since 2/12 with no issues. I just installed the same unit in my new Trex 600 and updated to V2.4 so I can add Hard Deck. When running quick setup I keep getting the errors "Elev Cyclic Back not moved enough" and "Roll Cyclic Left not moved enough" I never see the percentage for Elev or Ail on IR Programmer. I moved the CP2 back to my Blade 400 to eliminate the radio and Trex as the possible cause. I used all the default settings on IR Programmer all the way up to programming the cyclic stick movements. The problem is persisting which makes me think the V2.4 update is the cause.
rodriguezfred is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 10-25-2012, 11:30 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodriguezfred View Post
Is this another v2.4 software issue? Any help is greatly appreciated.

I have been using CP2 v1.47 on a Blade 400 since 2/12 with no issues. I just installed the same unit in my new Trex 600 and updated to V2.4 so I can add Hard Deck. When running quick setup I keep getting the errors "Elev Cyclic Back not moved enough" and "Roll Cyclic Left not moved enough" I never see the percentage for Elev or Ail on IR Programmer. I moved the CP2 back to my Blade 400 to eliminate the radio and Trex as the possible cause. I used all the default settings on IR Programmer all the way up to programming the cyclic stick movements. The problem is persisting which makes me think the V2.4 update is the cause.
Update to previous post.

I was expecting to see the percentage sign when moving the Elev and Ail cyclic sticks to full deflection, then re-centering sticks, then pressing enter on IR Programmer. I tried holding the sticks at full deflection and pressing enter on IR Programmer and it appears to be working. I guess you don’t see the percentage sign anymore and just move the sticks to full deflection and press enter on IR Programmer while holding sticks at full deflection. This appears to be working and would be a change in the v2.4 quick setup procedures. Please confirm if this procedure is correct. Thank you in advance.
rodriguezfred is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 10-25-2012, 11:42 AM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Do you have reduced rates with ATV or Dual Rates? If you do, set them to 100, and then reset them how you like them for flying after having completed set-up. If not, I'm not sure.

Cheers

Sutty
Old 10-25-2012, 06:31 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

What you are seeing is correct , no more % rates shown...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in