Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Flybarless Helicopter Systems

Flybarless Helicopter Systems CSM Cyclock, Helitronix Multi-mixer, Spartan AP2000i, Firmtronix Digimix-3, Gyrobot, SK360and AC3X

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2014, 09:48 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default ZYX Bluetooth will not connect.

I need help, like yesterday.

I've been running a ZYX S for quite some time now. I've used the USB adapter with my laptop and the Bluetooth dongle with my Samsung tablet.

Yesterday put my 450 mechanics in a fuselage. Being a "senile citizen," I forgot that I needed to run the ZYX software and reverse the tail rotor servo. However, I did have the presence of mind to plug in the BT, so I figured I'd use my tablet to make the change.

No joy in Mudville.

I tried with my laptop (I have BT to stream audio to my hearing aids), but again no joy.

The tablet and the laptop "see" the dongle, and the tablet prompts for the pin, but is does not connect. My laptop "sees" the BT dongle as a serial port and Windoze give it a COM slot.

I tried the ZYX and "John's" software and still no joy.

I really don't want to take the mechs out of the fuse, so any help will be greatly appreciated.

Oldgazer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-02-2014, 10:03 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have only ZYX-S2 BT. For it, I never have "paired" it, pin 0000 or 1234 never work. I just go to the ZYX app's bluetooth link and see the ZYX BTM item and select connect and wait a few seconds and it connects.
If you cant get the normal laptop software to connect (non BT) maybe the connector is not properly plugged in.
For my 450, I had to grind a little of the frame to make the connector plug in completely
jbilliter is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-02-2014, 01:46 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbilliter View Post
I have only ZYX-S2 BT. For it, I never have "paired" it, pin 0000 or 1234 never work. I just go to the ZYX app's bluetooth link and see the ZYX BTM item and select connect and wait a few seconds and it connects.
If you cant get the normal laptop software to connect (non BT) maybe the connector is not properly plugged in.
For my 450, I had to grind a little of the frame to make the connector plug in completely

Thanks for the reply. Unless I take the mechs out of the fuse there is no way I can get to the gyro to plug in the USB adapter, so testing with my laptop is out.

What really puzzles me is the BT is getting power. The LED flashes, and my laptop and tablet can detect the dongle, and both devices show the dongle is paired, but I just can't get the stupid thing to connect.

Like I said in my opening post, I've used this for a long time, and the only thing I've done is put the mechs in a fuselage.

I have a house full of company today, but tomorrow I can pull the mechs and see if I can figure this things out.
Old 08-02-2014, 01:49 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbilliter View Post

Thanks for the reply. Unless I take the mechs out of the fuse there is no way I can get to the gyro to plug in the USB adapter, so testing with my laptop is out.

What really puzzles me is the BT is getting power. The LED flashes, and my laptop and tablet can detect the dongle, and both devices show the dongle is paired, but I just can't get the stupid thing to connect.

Like I said in my opening post, I've used this thing for a long time, and the only thing I've done is put the mechs in a fuselage.

I have a house full of company today, but tomorrow I can pull the mechs and see if I can figure this things out.
Old 08-03-2014, 08:58 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The pairing code for the Bluetooth dongle is "5782".
Walkera 4#3B, 4G6
Align 250SE, Gaui 200
Tarot 450PRO
Align 550L Dominator
Steve Joblin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2014, 10:15 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Solved..

I pulled the mechanics out of the fuse and swapped the BT for the standard USB. I separated the cable from the actual dongle, plugged the cable into the ZYX, and put the mechs back in the fuse.

The tablet software was flakey anyway, and for some reason the BT would not connect if the mechs were in the fuse, almost like the black paint was acting like a Faraday Cage...

Anyway, I've got it working.

BTW: If you don't like dealing with the short cable, just get a USB extension.

Back to our regularly scheduled program already in progress....
Old 08-13-2014, 12:39 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Glad you got it working. I ran into a similar situation. On my Trex 450 with the ZYX_S unit, I have no issue connecting the BT. When I try to connect to the My Trex 500 with a ZYX, it wouldn't pair and the android software would crash.
I attributed it to either buggy firmware in the ZYX unit or the bluetooth dongle has an issue with pairing between multiple units.
Anyways, I am giving up on the ZYX. Too much hassle.
dhc8guru is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2016, 03:34 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

The pairing code is 7413.
Try to pair Bluetooth module using Android and then select the paired interface inside the ZYX-S2 Droid program .

It is working for me . Good luck!
olew is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2017, 01:54 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

i also had problem with conecting the tarot yellow btm.
then after many search i found another pin... 7413
it work great and can connect with my android now.
denof is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2017, 02:00 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

code 7413 works great for my tarot btm...
denof is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in