Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > Belt CP

Belt CP E-Sky Belt CP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2011, 03:36 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I donīt know much about the Parkzone BnF planes but from what I can see they all use Spectrum DSM2. There is a Spectrum module available but those Iīve found are quite pricey. Infact about the same as getting a DX6 TX in the first place.

If the RX included in those BnF planes can be swapped out, I would do that. and just install a turnigy RX instead. Otherwise you probably would be better off getting a Spectrum TX.

RC Heli Lounge on Discord : https://discord.gg/92HmhxWK
Tjomp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2011, 12:14 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

what about fail safe ,is there any ,or i have to get separately,i had several time place the order and cancelled it ,there are many good and bad opinions about the thing ,but the price is so intriguing,...........but IS IT REALLY SAFE TO FLY WITH THIS TX RX?????????
mastmalang70 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-18-2011, 04:41 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The new v2 of the Turnigy 9x have the antenna cable directly soldered to the TX module. This makes swapping modules not so easy as it should be. The included module and RX does not support failsafe.

RC Heli Lounge on Discord : https://discord.gg/92HmhxWK
Tjomp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-31-2011, 03:14 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulbird View Post
Can anyone help me with the Turnigy 9x Gyro settings. I have it in channel 4 and 5. I'm not sure what to set in the Gyro menu. I have it at.
Uprate NOR 100
DNRate NOR 56
Model GY
If I move the numbers up and get the NOR to goto AVC, the light on the gyro goes from solid red to off. From my understanding a solid red light means HH mode. This is an esky gyro (Stock Honeybee king 3 Gyro) When I had this heli on the stock Eskay 2.4 g transmitter the tail was solid. Since reprogramming it to the Turnigy 9x with ASSAN 2.4, I cant get the tail even close. Constant drifting nose left.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Did you sort this out so you can help me please ? My problem is a bit different. I've got the gyro gain setting adjustment to work on 'NOR' (which in mine is Heading Hold function - maybe I need to servo reverse my gear channel) but on AVC (which on mine is Rate Gyro Function) the gyro gain is 100% no matter what I set the Tx value at. ie I can't turn the gain (sensitivity) down on AVC. But I can on NOR.
Any ideas ?
Also What is 'Model' 'GY' and 'NOR' at the bottom of the Gyro Sens Screen ? I haven't been able to reduce the Rate Sensitivity by changing to MOR and changing settings either.
plasticbaldy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2011, 11:08 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

@plasticbaldy

I have this radio. In the Gyro menu, there are four settings. First, there is the "STATE" setting to Activate/inactivate the gyro. This needs to be set to "ACT". Then there is the UPRATE and DNRATE settings. These are the gain values for channel 5 when gear switch is up or down. If the number value is between 0 and 100, the mode is "NOR" or rate mode. If the number value is between 0 and -100, then the mode is "AVC" or HH mode. It is typical to set the UPRATE to be a negative value so it is in AVC mode, and set the DNRATE to positive value so it is in rate mode. The actual settings, I have not figured out yet for my gyro and servo. Finally, there is the MODEL setting. I think this needs to be set to "GY". This is not a bad blog of it http://rctech.blogspot.com/2011/03/t...450-setup.html
Old 06-10-2011, 09:28 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have now developed a similar problem Plasticbaldy, I think. My previous issue was that although my HK401b led indicator was on (indicating I was in HH mode), the gyro was not controlling the tail at all. So I did the hot glue mod for the gyro everyone recommends. Now, my gyro never goes into HH mode. No matter what I set the AVC rate at. I have check that the channel is outputting correct values. So this may be the same prob. as you. I suspect it is the RX, not the TX. I will swap out the Turnigy 8ch TX with the HKTR6A v2 and see if that fixes it. Please let me know what you have discovered.

Update:
I believe the MODEL setting of "STD" in GYROSENSE menu is if you wanted to use channel 5 for another purpose (say the "Gear" channel), then you can set an absolute value between 0 and 100 for up and down switch positions. When set to "GY", the UP/DN RATE values of (AVC) 0 to -100 are mapped to absolute channel values of 0 to 50, and rate values of (NOR) 0 to 100 are mapped to absolute channel values 50 to 100.
Old 06-11-2011, 09:23 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for your input. I worked this out right from the start and have had my settings all as per yours & as per the blog link you kindly provided. I'm using a 6 ch Rx in my tiny 250 heli because it's half the size of the 8 ch Rx. I'm sure that I used to be able to adjust the gyro sensitivity in both AVC and NOR modes by changing the Number Values but now I can only change the AVC value. No matter what value I set (0 to 100) with NOR on the screen and the gear switch selected so the gyro is in NOR (rate) mode, the sensitivity stays at full - 100% - and the tail wags very violently. I completed the glue/etc mod before first using this gyro. I know that I don't really need to be able to adjust the sensitivity in rate mode (NOR) because I'll always fly in HH mode but I'd like to understand what's going on. I really only use the gear switch in NOR to centre the servo before switching to AVC prior to take off.
plasticbaldy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in