Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > Belt CP

Belt CP E-Sky Belt CP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2012, 02:01 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default 3D Masters 2012

Hi chaps

Just a quick one to let you know we are on the way to Venlo. Grant picked me up at 6 am having driven down ( think he left home at 1), so a bit tired. Just waiting in Dover for the ferry. Will post some updates if anything exciting happens.

dauste is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2012, 02:07 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Old 07-12-2012, 10:31 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Have a great time guys. I'm looking forward to the reports, and hopefully a few videos. Don't forget though Dave, don't spend too long taking videos, as it can detract from the moment. Especially when it's something you particularly want to watch.

Cheers

Sutty
sutty is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-12-2012, 11:00 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Don't think I'll be able to make it this year.
Saturday is the record attempt, and if it rains too hard to do it, it would be a bad idea to go to Venlo, as the weather will be very similar over there. And Sunday is my daughters birthday party. Well, I've seen it in 2010 and 2011, but still, it hurts not seeing it this year.

Have a lot of fun David, and don't listen to Andrew, we wan't complete and live footage, and vids of all the flights !
Old 07-18-2012, 06:20 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

We are back, just uploading some vids and a few pics and then will post those up. Apparently there was a live web feed of the whole event from the 3DM website.

Old 07-18-2012, 06:26 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Damn it. I looked for that. How the hell did I miss it. Grrr.

Looking forward to your presentation Dave.

Cheers

Sutty
Old 07-19-2012, 09:35 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Ah, the stream wasn't from their website.

Check here: https://new.livestream.com/accounts/978117/3dmasters

There are loads of videos to watch. At 3hrs 57min on the first one, you can see Kyle Dahl's victory flight. When he was finished with it (Xxtreme 700) the main blades were scraped, skid and side frame broken and tail blades half the size they should be! Awsome stuff. See if you can spot me and Grant in the crowd after (centre behind the net).

Old 07-19-2012, 01:37 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Lots of good flying, and yes, I could see Grant and what looked like the tip of your hat

Kyle's victory flight was awesome, and there are plenty more top quality flights to watch throughout. Think I'll flick through it some more later....thanks for sharing
TRex600N, Kasama Head, OS50SX
copterboy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2012, 04:22 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Just found on that same video, at 1.56 is the Logos crash. And at 2.52 the KDS mid-air.

Old 08-20-2012, 06:46 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hey guys, sorry this update is a bit late in the day, had a few more pressing issues I’ve had to deal with! Hopefully you will still get something out of it!!

So the weather on the start of the journey over didn’t look so bad. Then we got to Antwerp and basically this massive thunder/hail storm reduced traffic to a crawl. That storm then stayed with us for the next 100 miles all the way to Venlo!

When we got to the campsite it was still raining and we had a couple of easy-ups (pop up gay zebras to us Brits) with us, so I suggested we got those up first and then unpacked our tents underneath so we could get them mostly up before staking them down out in the rain. That worked fairly well and I had my hood up trying to get my tent pegged down before I was completely soaked, just as I put the last one in the rain stopped and the sun came out (typical)!

We had a look around the site and met up with Stefan and Craig Simmons and a few others that we had met last year. That evening it absolutely tipped down again and I’m sure we all thought we were going to get washed away. Anyhow we thought we would retire to our tents and try to get some sleep. That was when Grant discovered that the brand new blow-up sleeping mattress he had was missing the bung from the box and there was no way of inflating it. He decided that has was going to sleep in his car for the duration (rather him than me)!

I was up fairly early the next morning and took a quick vid of our location (Team Turner home base) and Grant’s sleeping accommodation.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLHcPWbiixA[/ame]

The only thing missing was him sucking his thumb!

I decided early on that I wasn’t going to take any vids at the 3DM comp itself as like Sutty said I wanted to enjoy the spectacle with my own eyes and not through a viewfinder. That didn’t stop me taking a few vids the next day when we went to the Jupiter club for the pre-comp setup though!!

We arrived after breakfast and the new clubhouse they have had built is something to behold. It’s built better than my house and a real treat for us visitors.

Here is a quick vid as I stepped out of the car.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=St5FUPk_Pew[/ame]

Now the 3DM has three parts to the competition being, set manoeuvres, flight to music and a freestyle.
The guys were practising hard and getting the machines set-up to their liking. Forgive me if I don’t know who all these guys are (I could look them up but it is late). So first off we have some set manoeuvres practise. In order you will see: Serpent, Jupiter Probe, Sidewinder, Piro Waltzer, Wheel of Fortune, Hong Kong Eye, Piro Globe and Pole Star.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBF7BuHOTvY[/ame]

I then saw Stefan practising his Tic Toc Auto.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwspzEe34B8[/ame]

Nick Maxwell was having a few issues with tail gain on the Thunder Tiger, but it was all sorted out come comp time.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCYXQlpffm4[/ame]

And finally one of the guys giving it large with some freestyle. Also in this vid you will see the Time Machine(new move for this year, which is a forwards and then backwards Big Ben), most of the guys really struggled with this one and I think Eitan Goldstin made the best job of it overall.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvXeiMIVJWs[/ame]

That was it and we were off to the competition the next day. Here is a Mikado vid that gives you a real taste of the event (rain and all)!
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAzDNW4IbtE[/ame]

If you want to see any vids of the comp flying, then have a look at the video section on the otheRR site where they have them all. Ones to note are Duncan Osbourne’s flight to music on Sunday (sorry Duncan)! Kyle Dahl’s victory flight on the Sunday, the night flights... actually it is all great!

So Adam is sponsored by Midland Heli’s and the Midland lads had come over to Venlo for the first time. Here they all are... a great bunch of lads!

Grant even loaned them his new Align 700DFC to go on their stand.

Only other few shots I got were of the Mikado Xxtreme 700 and the Uvular

And a few pictures of the Goblins.

The green Goblin with the yellow tail shows up really well in dim light, but nothing like Kyle Stacy's Orange Goblin!!

So the event all went well apart from the occasional rain shower when everyone ran to the vendor tents. The Midland guys had free coffee on the go, so it was the logical place to hang out during such periods! So we didn’t get bored, they made up a little challenge to see the shortest time someone flying a tiny 3 channel co-ax, could take off from the top of one of their stands and land on the blades of the Logo 600 they had hanging from the ceiling. The challenge was actually won by Adam Turner in 29 seconds. I think I could have beaten that, but the battery went flat when it was my go. Anyway this challenge wasn’t beneath anyone!!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgEK1E8JFVA[/ame]

Well done Bert, nice try! And remember... 'NOSE DOWN WALL'!!

And finally, just a big thank you to my travelling companions plus new friends and old that we met out there, all in all making it another memorable week despite the weather.

Last edited by dauste; 08-21-2012 at 08:50 AM..
Old 08-21-2012, 09:38 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thank you for the write up.

pinguin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2012, 02:30 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

+1 enjoyed the review of your little road trip too

I just noticed that DFC head has 2 bolts on the rotor head to main shaft, so think I'll be shooting to try one of those on my new heli, whatever size. Unless I end up with a compass/mikado. Not ruled that out yet!!

On that matter, there has been no news yet, so I've no choice other than to get my head down with work and save up for a new one asap!! Gonna take at least 3/4 weeks to catch up and see where I'm at, if I manage to pick up a couple of small jobs, then that should be the excess I need to splash out on a new kit.

Otherwise, I'll be shopping on BMFA for a 2nd hand 550 or 500.
Old 08-25-2012, 08:14 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Nice Thread

Thanks for posting! Many interesting videos.
exblade is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2012, 07:37 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Agreed. Really good report. Enjoyed it all. Thanks Dave.

Cheers

Sutty
Old 10-26-2012, 07:00 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

does anybody know where 3D master gonna be 2013 , got the approval of the Mrs. I can plan our vacation arround it
Old 10-26-2012, 07:39 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Says this on the web site:

Venue Required
We are looking for a venue for 3D Masters. If you feel that your Club/Town has the weather, space, and resources to host 3D Masters, then please contact us.

Cheers

Sutty
Old 10-27-2012, 04:42 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

So how much will it cost to let them host it your back garden? Lol
Old 10-27-2012, 06:40 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Well I was gonna call them, but I realised we just don't get the weather.
Old 10-27-2012, 09:36 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yeah, anywhere south of the jet stream will be good!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in