Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Century

Century Century Helicopters Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2006, 08:42 AM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAW
I have a question about the measurements of the links you talk about in the head setup video, are these taken end to end or to the center of the ball link hole?

Hope that makes sense.
TAW until Bob responds dimensions on ball links are always measured center to center. A little trick to do if you have a dial caliber is to measure from the links ring (for the ball) at the 9 o'clock position of the left link to the 9 o'clock position on the right link. That is the same as center to center.
AV8TOR is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2006, 09:28 AM   #22 (permalink)
TAW

Excuse my crude drawing but is this what you mean
TAW is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-05-2006, 10:13 AM   #23 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

I will have to go back and check now but I measured them the way the manual shows which as I recall is CENTER of the holes in the links.

Bob
Finless is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-05-2006, 02:25 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finless
I will have to go back and check now but I measured them the way the manual shows which as I recall is CENTER of the holes in the links.

Bob
Center to center is guess because there is nothing to touch. Measuring left to left or right to right as the picture above shows is the same distance as center to center but easier to do.
Old 11-22-2006, 12:45 PM   #25 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

Hewy folks I had completely forgot that I had ther Electronics Install video but had not posted it! It's up now.

Also i got some of the Upgrades and noticed no instructions so I will be shotting videos of installing:
1) 3rd bearing block with the metal motor mount and top metal bearing block.
2) Metal Washout arms and seesaw
3) Metal head and grips.

Bob
Old 11-23-2006, 06:28 PM   #26 (permalink)

That would be a big help Bob on the upgrades. Century believes all of their customers are mind readers.
Old 01-24-2007, 12:36 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Finless

I don't know if you are aware that our full scale kit heli (Helicycle) comes with the build instructions only on video done by the designer of the ship. A little more detailed than yours because of some manufacturing required but similar and very nice to be able to see the build sequences instead of following assembly lines on exploded diagrams. I'm all for you trying to convince those manufacturers to put a copy of your build video in with each heli. but IMHO Bob, you gotta charge them so you can share in their Million$
Dennisu is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2007, 08:28 PM   #28 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

Quote:
but IMHO Bob, you gotta charge them so you can share in their Million$
Hehehehe thanks but not my style!

Of sourse having them donate all the stuff neded helps me a lot but I dont want to go commercial honestly...

Bob
Old 02-12-2007, 06:06 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Link lengths

Finless, No H.S.I-net huh? Right now I can't watch your vids so I am really missing out. I just put most all of the metal head upgrades on. Bell mixers not in stock anywhere. Could you give the lengths of the all the links in the head so I can compare to my set-up. This will be especially helpful since the manual with the ARF quoted numbers that just did NOT work. There are another set given in the online manual that seem a little closer to what I have. BTW at 0 deg pitch should the Bell-mixer arms up top be level( assuming the shaft isn't leaning forward due to the gear rake)? The manual seem to show them leaning down to the left when viewed straight on.
Thanks a lot. Al Ramsdell
Old 02-13-2007, 08:52 PM   #30 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

My head is all apart right now but I will get link lengths as soon as I can but it might be a week!

Bob
Old 02-13-2007, 10:53 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks Bob, Mine is just going together again after this weekends mishap. 3rd auto approach didn't make it! I'm new to this part. My 'Rex's aren't really good for that in my hands. It sure looked sweet on the Swift though. My fault. I applied throttle and lost headspeed while it spooled up. DUH!. Oh well. Metal head except grips and Bell Mixers. No one has the metal mixers right now. I think I'll stick with the plastic grips for a while.. They're kinda like a fuse and pop first.(figures I'm an electrician). Rex's are all bling though.
Keep up the good work. I saw on another forum (Helitown?) that someone had shaved a mm of the guide pins to the washout base and got more pitch.
No rush on the head link lengths. My setup was flying nice. was your bell mixer perpendicular to the main shaft at 0 deg. pitch? Seems everything I've seen shows it going down to the left viewed side on.

The Hacker in the photo has changed to a Century 600 +. My cooling arrangement. Mount is a piece of thin alum. angle with the esc bolted to it.
This comes back from a flight at ambient temp!!!

Thanks again.. Al Ramsdell. Flying very Swiftly.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hpim0570_184.jpg (372.6 KB, 501 views)
Old 02-15-2007, 07:10 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Setup perfect

Got the Swift upgrades all installed and setup. Removed about 1 to 1 -1/2 mm from bottom of washout base sliders for added range. Comfortably get 10.5 deg +/- coll. and 6.5 deg. elev/ail. throws. I've heard of 12+ deg but I'll wait on higher cell count bat. for that. Careful balanceing and precise rod lengths = ta dah. no tracking required. 1 click each ail and elev. ! This one's smooooth.
Old 01-18-2009, 12:16 PM   #33 (permalink)

will there be a 620 SE build video soon?
justinone is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-14-2012, 11:34 AM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 30 size nitro century hawk pro

First time on here,Just wondering if somebody out there knows how to correct tail wag on this bird? Local hobby shop said to reduce the gain on gyro, this seems to me to be opposite of what I should do. Not real familiar with choppers,great with planes though.Any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated,thanks
fastplanes52 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in