Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Align 3G FBL System > Align 3GX FBL System

Align 3GX FBL System Align 3GX FBL Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2011, 07:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 3gx will not power up ???

can not get 3gx to fire up--no power---brand new --I am doing something wrong--i have wired it w/ satelite and w/reciever & sat---still nothing--is my luck that bad ?--reciever powers up / servos work --properly---just no 3gx --it will also not power up reciever--is there a switch ??
airbound is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-04-2011, 07:42 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

There is a double ended wire that must go from the rx to the 3gx. All the signal wires must also be properly connected between the controller and rx before the 3gx will allow itself to boot up. I tried to power up the system and then connect the servos and signal wires one at a time while mapping my channels. This failed. After hooking everything up and cycling the power the 3gx worked.

I was worried about DOA as well.

Tyler
Tyler is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2011, 07:52 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thats how I did it the first time--but will retry--I was wondering about that but could not find any iinfo so I came here--cause this is the place I will repost after I give it a try--Thanks
Old 09-04-2011, 09:18 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default we have ignition --thanks tyler

redid wiring--just took her for a test drive --yahoooooo----Must have f----- the wiring --my bad ---
Old 09-04-2011, 09:34 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

airbound...

this might be an issue for others too.. On two separate occasions I've been asked to look over two different persons 3gx installations and assist in the initial setup. on both occasions the 3gx acted like it was stone dead.

In both cases we unplugged the units and re-wired them according to the manual (both times the wiring appeared the same as before). Yet on both occasions both of the 3gx's "came to life" and worked normally after the re-wire job.

I assume there is some mistake that is easy to make yet hard to spot, because both units and the wiring appeared the same both before and after the re-wire.

Go figure?
the collective is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2011, 10:13 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thought I was going crazy--- must already be there--I fly rc helis
Old 09-06-2011, 04:18 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

It's very easy to mess the wiring up I had this problem with mine, turns out I had one lead in backwards and it stopped the whole thing working.
Take extra care when connecting it's easy to stuff up.

Joe
Old 09-06-2011, 04:33 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default wiring

I'm setting mine up as we speak (awaiting my batteries from the mailman). I assume that the single colored wires going to the receiver are plugged in so the wire aligns with the 'signal' post.

Thanks,

Bert
bdtrauma is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2011, 06:35 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

bd...

All plugs with a single wire should be aligned so the wire goes to the signal pin.
the collective is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2011, 11:52 AM   #10 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

same issue here...
I am using a Satellite receiver (currently only have one, but should work for testing, right?)
hitec 5065 servos all plugged in yellow wire is "up" JR 3500G tail servo plugged in.
Ice 50 ground on the bottom plugged into the throttle

plug in the battery... nothing.
Old 10-30-2011, 11:55 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Have you bound it yet?