Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > Belt CP

Belt CP E-Sky Belt CP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2013, 04:15 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default JHC, I hate winter!!!

There might be a chance I've said it before, but winter is not my favorite season. Go figure.

However, spring is just 15 days away, thank God!

It's been a long miserable winter. Totaling my car being on the top of the list for bad things to happen this winter.
Second was this 12 hour shift change working nite shift, has not been helping things out at all. Fact is,it sucks so bad it makes loud slurping sounds!!!

However, things will soon change. Here in Colorado, daylight savings time happens this comming Monday!
Finally, I will get an extra hour of sunshine to enjoy when I wake up in the afternoon!

Finally I can enjoy getting back into the flying spirit!

It's been so long since I've flown that I feel I'll be starting all over again!

It's not easy being me.

The good news is I've got every thing done I wanted to do on my Hexa. She's just waiting for me to get my poor ol' ass in gear.

Of course, weather can still be a factor, but hope is now on the horizon!

So, lets hear it for spring, fair weather, and mild winds!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2013, 06:13 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Wooot, wooo wooo woo wooo, whilst spinning around in little circles on the floor with my legs going ten to the dozen, as perhaps Homer might do.

Cheers

Sutty

Last edited by sutty; 03-05-2013 at 07:59 AM..
sutty is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2013, 06:26 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

For God's sake Sut, that's exactly how I feel!

Old 03-05-2013, 08:30 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Can't believe that goes on for an hour! Lol

You sound like you have some seasonal adjustment disorder going on there Tom. Think I get the same!!

Same feelings about spring, can't wait. The sun is out here and i am loving it!! wish i had my 450 ready. But Tom, trust me its even harder being me at the minute!! I have so much on its untrue, and not all of it nice. All I can do is keep my head down and crack on!!

Hope things settle down soon!!
TRex600N, Kasama Head, OS50SX
copterboy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2013, 09:01 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Carry on, mate! Endeavor to persevere, as Little Big Man says. Then declare war!!!

That's my declaration. Going to rip a royal hole in the sky!!!
Old 04-15-2013, 07:48 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

For the love of,,,,

Ok, for those who don't know, here on the east slope of Colorado, we get damn near all our snow in the spring.
Last week, we were supposed to have this major blizzard. "doom and damnation", the news preached, "We're all gonna die"!
Well, that was a flop.

Today, however, the storm was played down. I like to believe that people, like me, bitched at the weatherman so damn much that they stuck their heads in the dirt and refused to predict certain doom, again.

Well, the storm snuck in last night, 5 am, dumped a respectable 5 inches and is now continuing in full swing.
Damn, I mean to tell you, it's coming down out there! Big wet flakes of that white crap!

I don't mind so much, not in April like this. The ground is getting warmed up so it won't stay for long.
Though, I'm sure I'll get a good opportunity to start up my snow thrower tomorrow and burn the last of the gas out of her before storing her away for the summer.

So, in the mean time, last week, I finally got me a replacement car for my ol' Saturn.

As you may recall, I'm not in the mood to go out and buy a new car, again. I'd just as soon wait awhile there, plus, I hate car payments!

I found me a very, very nice 1999 Olds Intrigue with 128k miles on her and the 3.8l engine.
What a nice car! I'm very impressed with her. Got it for $2650, put a new set of tires on her, she rides like a dream! Kind of hard on gas, but with this damn schedule at work I only drive a few days a week anyway, and it's only 9 miles to work.
Couldn't be happier.
Old 04-16-2013, 08:45 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomstoy2 View Post
Couldn't be happier.

No longer shall we compare happy people to a Pig in Sh*t....but a Helifreak in Snow!
Old 04-16-2013, 04:49 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

oh tom i may have forgotten to mention i had the 250 in the field sunday eve..it was bloody hard work and had to go home cos the light was failing im really feeling your pain right now sadly new truck parts arrived today so again its going to be hard but tmr its off road bashing time after work..weather forcast is light winds at a dam cold 12 deg...prey my poor truck dosnt get stuck in the ice

Old 04-16-2013, 05:15 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

If I had to guess, I'd say we got hit with about 14 inches of snow.
Of course, about 1/2 of it is melted already.
It's going to be a cold week, though.
Old 04-16-2013, 05:29 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Would you like the weather report from my place?
Trex 700N Pro fbl, 600N Pro x 2, 450SE v1, 250 v2 fbl, Compass 6HV fbl, Blade 450x, 400, 300x, 130x, mCPx, 120SR, mQx, mSR, Rotor Concepts HPQ1, Walkera CB180Q, CB100, Novus FP, CP, Esky Hunter, Big Lama.
jperkosk is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2013, 07:21 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Oh, you're a funny man.
My guess would be windy.
Old 04-16-2013, 07:57 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Well actually it is a bit breezy but nothing 600 fbl couldn't handle, about 30-40 kph gusts. Otherwise very pleasant 29C with a nice 30% cloud coverage, just enough for blue and white Blade 450X canopy to complete disappear @ 30m distance. Can't go and fly, though, Mrs P would strangle me in an instance; we have started moving into the new house last weekend so every day we're hauling small stuff back and forth (the new house is only 1.9km away from the old one). The big stuff will be moved by the movers on Thursday, all the small stuff will probably take another week to move and organize...
Trex 700N Pro fbl, 600N Pro x 2, 450SE v1, 250 v2 fbl, Compass 6HV fbl, Blade 450x, 400, 300x, 130x, mCPx, 120SR, mQx, mSR, Rotor Concepts HPQ1, Walkera CB180Q, CB100, Novus FP, CP, Esky Hunter, Big Lama.
Old 04-17-2013, 01:55 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm surprised your not booking a separate van for all your helis! No wonder you need another week

I'm in similar position now, been a hold up with boiler conversion kit, but I cracked on regardless. Because the heating system is filled now and water tested with no leaks, I could get on and finish the 2nd drop ceiling and wire the 20 spotlights up. So with the weather improving and overnight temps staying above freezing, I've decided tomorrow will be the day when I start moving my stuff back in

Hope things warm up for you soon Tom. I'm not the greatest fan of the cold season either!
Old 04-17-2013, 03:09 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Glad somebody else said it besides me! No wonder he 'needs', ( ), a new house!

Glad you're project is at a close, Denis! Been a hell of a long time coming.

Still snowing! At least it's not sticking. Supposed to keep it up thru Thursday. Then cold for another week.

Still haven't seen my KK2 board, either.
Getting tired of seeing the f330 on my coffee table, just waiting.
Old 04-17-2013, 09:39 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I haven't had a single heli related stuff at home for almost 3 years now since I evicted business partner from my office and converted the area he was previously wasting into a properly functional heli-shop
Old 04-17-2013, 04:22 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hmmm, smart move,,, hiding all your heli stuff from Mrs. P!
No packages showing up at the house you have to explain, I like that.
Sneaky bastard!
Old 04-17-2013, 08:10 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hahaha...smart move indeed. And there was me feeling pleased as punch because I realised I could get an optical heat sensor gun though my business, to assist with tuning the thermostat/temperature probes on my electric underfloor heating installations. So I was pleased it could have some use in the hobby also. Having a whole office in an office is definately next level though Don't know if I should congratulate or worry about that Jerry Probably deserves one of these then

The building work finishing is only the first stage of renovations for me. That part my parents helped with, as it is their property I'm improving. But now the rest is up to me, as it's where I live. Still looking at buying new furniture/bed/shelving/sofa/curtains/blinds/TV/DVD bracket, etc, etc, etc. Will continue to eat my money for a while, but it's starting to look pretty good now I've started clearing out and got the lights on. The main thing for me now the major work is over, is having the work space and time back, and being able to settle back into my own space again.

Infact, I just recalled, I did a deal with someone and I've got a double bed in storage already. Out of sight out of mind as they say (in mexico) . I'm just sooo looking forward to using some of the features I put in. Can't wait to push a button for heating, instead of lighting a fire and waiting hours for the wood burner to heat the room each night. And not having to keep going outside in the cold and rain fetching more fuel to keep the fire burning through the night - by the time your warm and comfy again it seems you gotta go get more fuel!! The lowered ceiling and insulation should make it warm up quicker and stay warmer longer. Running the boiler off LPG should work out fairly economical according to my calculations. Infact, with the added insulation, it should actually be cheaper per annum, than the smokeless fuel we used to buy. The natural light LED's give the room a really calm feel, but personally, I think they will help me with the lack of natural sunlight in winter and it should make finding the screws I drop on the floor real easy too My new comfy bed should mean a better nights sleep and less back ache. The old one had some broken slats on the frame, and the mattress had sunk. I never realised how detrimental it was to my sleep until my parents kicked me out and I went to stay at my brothers for a few weeks. I suddenly went from 4-5hrs broken sleep, to 8hrs deep sleep.

Indeed, it has been along time in execution (remember when I first fixed the leaking roof by replacing all the roof tiles?!!) But it had to be done right not just for the value of the bricks and mortar, but for my own health and well being.

I hope there will be heli's back in there by tomorrow evening, but more likely at weekend. First some of the furniture that stayed outside during the work needs a good clean, then everything going back in from storage in the main house is going to be cleaned and sorted through, to filter out any junk to sell off on fleabay. Plus I got some paperwork to catch up on next week, haven't really kept up whilst I have been 'out of office'. Long live Summer 2013 And hurry up for those still waiting...amen.
Old 04-19-2013, 03:01 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Well, I got so fed up with this weather that yesterday I booked the family and myself 2 weeks in the Dominican next month, in an effort to try and find the sun.

Today....well, it just happens to be the nicest day of the year so far; no wind, bright warm sunshine and completely clear blue skies gave potential flying until about 25 mins ago!! (8.30pm)!

Grrrr............
Old 04-19-2013, 05:26 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nice, Luke! Rum, Cuban cigars, sand and sunshine. What's not to like!

Suns out here, 53 degrees, snow mostly all melted. Me, off to work.
Old 04-30-2013, 05:48 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well, this is the crap we can always expect here in Colorado.

Yesterday, 81 degrees. Today and tomorrow, snow!!! Up to a total of 8 inches possible, again.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in