Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters > 4#6

4#6 Walkera 4#6 Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2011, 06:02 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Swashplate separated

Contrary to my last post, while flying today, my swash separated while in flight. Also sheared the flybar control links at the turnbuckle. Lucky I bought extra links, but I don't have an extra swash. Tried to fix mine but got CA in the bearing. Now I have to buy one. My question is are there any full metal swashplates available for this heli? I would hate to buy the stock replacement and have it do the same thing on me again. It seems like a poorly designed part that is prone to fail. Walkera should take note of this. Any help is appreciated. Thanx.
Heli #1:Gaui 200V?/FBL/BeastX V2.05/Gaui 5600/CC25/5065 MG's/DS09 GMD/Spektrum Sat.
Heli #2:Gaui 200V?/FBL/Gaui 5600/CC 25 ESC/65 MG's/BeastX V3.08/DS09 GMD/Spektrum Sat.
dynodude is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2011, 11:34 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Got my new swash today and was all happy until I went to install it and found out that the links I purchased have the wrong size ends on them. Fortunately I saved the link ends from the ones that sheared when the swash separated, but of course there is no reference anywhere as to how long they are supposed to be. Is this typical with these helis? Faliure prone parts and mispackaged spares. Not very happy with the QC . About one more issue with this thing and someone is gonna get a good deal on a barely used Heli. By the way, if anyone would like to help and measure thier flybar control links I would really appreciate it. Thanx.
Heli #1:Gaui 200V?/FBL/BeastX V2.05/Gaui 5600/CC25/5065 MG's/DS09 GMD/Spektrum Sat.
Heli #2:Gaui 200V?/FBL/Gaui 5600/CC 25 ESC/65 MG's/BeastX V3.08/DS09 GMD/Spektrum Sat.
Old 03-20-2011, 12:10 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey Dyno,
Done that CA glue thing on bearing. Yes, Walkera parts sometimes show up missing little things...once it was just an empty bag with the cardboard clip-over. But I've purchased a lot of blades/parts. If it's going to break again, buy two of them. Then if one is missing the tiny pin, you can still repair the ship...and complain to the vendor for a replcement. Hover well, John
hiwattheli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2011, 12:11 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Wouldn"t be such a problem if LHS carried parts but no one around here does. WOW is only about an hour from my house, but with gas prices it's not worth it for a $10 part, although I did make the drive to pick up the heli from them. Anyway, my parts came in and I am back up and flying again. I used the down time to make some mods; tightened up the flybar carrier on the center hub for less slop, and made a tail gear clutch to prevent striped gears. Measured out the flybar control links using the old pars and made sure they were both equal length, and lubed everything up with Tri-Flo during assy. After some initial triming, my 4#6s hovers more stable than it did when I first got it, with no more tail bobbing or oscillation. Flying has improved dramatically, with FF being much smoother, and turns are now more precise. Still though, I am going to keep an eye on that swash. As popular as these helis are, you would think someone would come up with a full metal version. Oh well, just have to wait. I'm gonna go burn some packs, good flying everyone.
Old 04-29-2011, 11:09 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've gotten links sets that had all the correct parts mis-assembled. You might look at the other links for your "missing" ends.
Air Vaca is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2011, 12:52 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

The swashplate on my V120D01 was separated from new, right out of the box. Didn't notice it of course, and my first take-off didn't go too well.

I managed to glue it together and after complaining to the vendor had a replacement sent out, just in case, at no cost.

Seems to be a common problem, have read a few reports about it. Shame, it would be so simple for Walkera to redesign it and eliminate the problem. Other than that, the V120D01 is pretty well built and flies well, so overall I'm still happy.
Frank_fjs is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in