Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Electric Micro/Mini Helicopters > Zoom/Shogun 400

Zoom/Shogun 400 Electric - Zoom - Shogun 400 Specific Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2012, 01:13 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Talking

I am almost done with the upgrades. Running into a couple of problems. center of gravity is to far aft, for one. Maybe get a bigger battery? Also, any good places to get quality ball links, online? The ones that came with my cnc stuff are really loose, way to much slop. I want to go ahead and make them right while i am at it.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2012, 04:03 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

So far. The carbon fiber blades don't seem to fit in the blade grips right? Is there supposed to be some sort of washers/shims or something to protect the blades from the sharp inside edges of the grips? Just doesn't seem right the way they go on now.
Old 01-25-2012, 09:53 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Looks really sweet, but since I haven't had any experience with upgrades I'm not sure what I can do to help! Keep us posted though!
d2tw4all is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2012, 07:39 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have most of the stuff installed! I have a few issues, Linkage arms for the elevator and aileron are a little close to the gear. Thinking abour flipping them, and reversing the servo in the transmitter. Would make the aileron a little faster, and longer throw, because of the difference in the arm lengths. Do yall think it would work? I dont really see an issue with flipping the elevator arm? Do you? My CG is a little off, i think i can solve that with a bigger battery, i currently only have a 1500 mah battery, gonna probably go with a 2200, or 2650. it willl add 60 grams+ I think adding weight would be a good thing, it should actually slow the response down a little? Good for a beginnner, right? Any way here are some pics. I still also have to adjust everything and fit my links correctly, some are to tight, some are too loose. Give me all your KNOWLEDGE! And OPINIONS! thanks.
Old 02-03-2012, 07:39 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Old 02-03-2012, 07:40 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Old 02-06-2012, 02:36 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

I wouldn't worry about the linkage arms. Did you see the new Blade 300X that is coming out? That'll be added to my hangar probably!
Old 02-06-2012, 05:50 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

that is a nice chopper! once i get this one done, im gonna start shoppin. I might go bigger though, ive been told the bigger the more forgiving? because of the added weight.
Old 02-07-2012, 03:53 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you want fixed pitch, get a blade MSRX. If you want collective get a blade MCPX. You'll need to go spektrum for a radio but you are better off there anyway since you can go with bind and fly helis/planes and they are all compatible. I actually just upgraded to the DX8 transmitter from the DX6i (which is only a few months old) since I've added so many planes/helis to my fleet I ran out of model memories (dx6i has 10, dx8 has 30). The bigger they are the more stable they are, typically, but when you introduce flybarless systems that story changes a bit which is why the mcpx and msrx are such awesome little birds. The msrx is literally indestructible, I was zipping it around my backyard this weekend and flew it full speed into the ground, and a wooden fence and did NO damage, didn't even have to adjust anything just picked it up and put it back in the air. You want to beat on birds like that to learn so when you go to the bigger complex less forgiving birds you don't make the mistakes that cost you 100 bucks every time (which you will find even with shogun etc.). The problem I always had was I don't have unlimited funds, so any time I flew the shogun or my bigger helis I was extremely cautious with them ultimately doing little more than hovering them since I was afraid to do much more. The little inexpensive blades change all that, since they are incredibly durable and even if you do break them, parts are so cheap and easy to install you'll have spares of critical stuff on hand. Extra blades for the MCPX are under 10 bucks, for the msrx they are like 8. Plus the batteries are dirt cheap, MSRX batteries are $6. It's SO tiny you can fly it anywhere too, which expands your ability to practice. Go to a local hobby store and look at them, ask the guy to fly one for you, then you'll understand.

Blade 300X is probably my next heli though. Just too sweet a bird to pass up.

Plus carbon cub, new micro spitfire, icon a5...ugh the list will never end!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in