Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 700 Class Electric Helicopters

700 Class Electric Helicopters 700 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2011, 10:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Talking 10068 Watt Beast is done

10068 Watts Beast is done

Today was an all right day : )
Start out the day getting my field charging set up, 2 deep cycle 105Ah batteries 2 3010B chargers and 6 5000 45-90c nano tecs : )

Get all the packs charged up and go to the field
Hook up the 1st charger to the batteries and it blows first time it’s ever been used : ( so I have to rma that
2nd charger works just fine blasted the batteries at 30A a pair in parallel charge : ) 20 min charges not bad as it was able to keep up while I adjusted the v bar

About the 6th flight or so I get the tail dialed in on the v bar( only problem is consecutive flips it gets a little waggy) and its working great so I start throwing it around a little, not to bad as it cloudy…. Did some FFFF ( freaky fast forward flight )

60A average with 233A peaks, this motor is insane, and it stayed very very cool, maybe got up to 120’f esc probably 20’f lower ambient was 68’f. I was able to keep my hand on the motor right after the flight that’s how cool it came down after not being nice to it, used up average of 3780mah out of 5000 for a 4 min flight : ) at 2278rpm ( lol v bar and its resolution) amp wise it was more efficient then my kde 1917 but with more power on tap : ) at 2025 rpm it’s a beast with some massive blade sounds while keeping the hs.

Am very pleased at this set up, now if I can only get my new charger and new nano tec rma’ed
Pulled 10kW with the B team, C team not far behind at 9kW, A team fell short at 7kW

Had to pull off one heck of an auto, like it was a miracle that I made this.
Was doing my FFFF 30’ off the deck and was approaching the tree line, so I pull up and about that time the ESC goes into LVC at 22v !!! ( one of the cells is bad in the A team pack is reading 1.7v while the others are 3.8 )
Anyway I was pulled up and I could start to see the blades, almost a blade stop, thought it was over so I give her negative pitch but yet keep her vertical as she is still blazing forward, I am maybe 30’ off the ground the whole time and I end up going Through the edge of a B’Dark Tree, blades are cutting the branches thwack thwack, I level her out for her decent and give her positive collective, I was amazed at how floatey it was, and at how much head speed I got…….. to make this even harder of an auto, I was landing behind a small hill so as soon as she is about to hit the ground I lose sight of her : (
It’s amazing but I landed in one piece , no damage at all, and even better yet I landed 6’ from the tree line…. Ya any further and I would have been cutting branches.

Lol after that I was like well I got one more charged pack( was able to do 14 flight on 6 batteries pretty good ) that one flew fine but I was just easing around as I was scared : )

Oh ya the last picture is where my cg is Specs on this bad boy, so much fun to fly.
Radix 710 SB blades
RotoTech 120 Tail
Quick Uk Tail
Nano Tec 5000mAh 45-90C batts
V bar with 5.1 pro and gov mode : )
Zeal tape for the Vbar
Custom wound ( by me) 5035 1.8mm 5+5YY 478Kv scorpion kit motor
112 slant gear 14t infinite hobby pinion (8:1 gear ratio)
WR Herc Super BEC
Hv 160, with 3 caps at the moment, fixing to fix it up one broke off but ripple isn’t to bad.
15’ pitch 14 cyclic
Hitec HS-7940TH servos , tail and cyclic
Custom Heli Parts Lipo tray,
Kde trusted bearing block/ nose tray/tail upgrade.

Am loving it at the moment, I hope for some sunnier days so I can see the blades and bash it harder, fly it faster and farther, and shoot video from now on as that auto would have been awesome to catch on tape.

As for Sk720 vs Vbar…… I would say they fly about the same, but the v bar may edge it out…….. Sk720 just to a while longer to get it all tuned up.

Lol and somehow even with the 3rd bearing block I am getting some extreme frame flex for that motor to be hitting the frames, its got a good 2mm clearance all the way around.

By f22warzone at 2011-03-13

Advertisement

Old 03-14-2011, 02:08 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

YOu have enough vibes you had to do a Milton mod and zeal tape?

Now think you got power now, strap on a pair of TP 65C packs, and tighten your belt up on your pants!
Old 03-14-2011, 03:38 AM   #3 (permalink)
NTM
Registered Users

Nice !
I would go for the chp frame stiffeners if I were you, even with a 700mx the heli benefits from them...
And I agree with Shawn on the funky mounting of your v-bar sensor, the tape that comes with it works the best, with no strap.

The stick banger blades will be doing you no favours either, the difference in cyclic manners between an unstable blade like the sb's and the radix fbl is large. It can still be just as fast on the cyclic and collective, but it'll behave much more predictably and have cleaner behaviour all around.

You'll feel even more power once the castle gets updated to be faster for use with the v-bar gov too, folks that have gone from the castle's to hobbywing's have reported a very noticeable difference of percieved power in flight.
NTM is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2011, 06:02 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

My vibes on the bench with some of the futuba foam was 340 without main blades but with tail blades only spun up to 2278 rpm. With the zeal tape it came down to 260 without mains and with tail blades. The spike was at the tail section to but there is not much more I can replace their. With the zeal it seemed to have leveled it out more in the graph.

In flight I get a 10 or so extreme vibration warnings and land with a vibration of 4000, with the foam it was 4500…….. but no I try to keep my bird vibe free…… I just wish it was like the sk720 where I could play back the flight and see where the vibrations were, if they were in a maneuver or during hovering and fff

I have a set of edge 713 fbl blades I bought off a guy on here, will see what they do …… only bad thing is I left them at my apartment in the box : ( I knew I was missing something when I came home lol). But so far it feels pretty good, but it could be better. Wish I would have gone back with the SAB blades those were so good.

As for the cc update, I think that will put me in at over 12kW or at lest I hope, will look into the CHP frame stiffeners, maybe even the whole frame set but I don’t know how much more money I will put into this with the logo 800 just around the corner : ), its got me excited. So does this one to now

Would love to buy some TP 00 packs but I just don’t have the money for that lol, unless I were just to get 2 and then charge them at 6c each.
Old 03-14-2011, 12:54 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Awesome!

"I would go for the chp frame stiffeners if I were you, even with a 700mx the heli benefits from them..."

+1 on the CHP frame stiffeners.

Made some here from scrap 2.5mm CF.

Well worth the $19 they charge to not have to cut, sand, and drill CF.

"As for the cc update, I think that will put me in at over 12kW or at lest I hope, will look into the CHP frame stiffeners, maybe even the whole frame set but I don’t know how much more money I will put into this with the logo 800 just around the corner : ), its got me excited. So does this one to now "

imho
The CC update/mikado e gov should actually lower the peaks, being that it will throw in power sooner than later.

Expecting a shorter flight time with the mikado e gov as well.

C'mon CC lets have that update PLEASE......
Expected E.T.A of "Ju-Vember" is
keepnitflying is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2011, 01:11 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

BTW:
You may check those red Integy cell meters against a good DVM.
I had one for a few days, Was waaaaaaay off on cell1 cell5 and the total voltage reading was missing a cell all together. For rough #'s they are most likely ok, just giving you a heads up.
Old 03-14-2011, 01:59 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmccomb View Post
BTW:
You may check those red Integy cell meters against a good DVM.
I had one for a few days, Was waaaaaaay off on cell1 cell5 and the total voltage reading was missing a cell all together. For rough #'s they are most likely ok, just giving you a heads up.
ya they are accurate untill the cells go above 3.9v : ) then they are +-.2 or something like that, I just use them to tell if the pack is full or if its empty not exact voltages : )
Thanks for the heads up tho.+

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmccomb View Post
imho
The CC update/mikado e gov should actually lower the peaks, being that it will throw in power sooner than later.

Expecting a shorter flight time with the mikado e gov as well.

C'mon CC lets have that update PLEASE......
Expected E.T.A of "Ju-Vember" is
This is true, but i think we may still see bigger peaks as it will deliver more power sooner with the faster response time but hey we wont know till we get their
Old 03-14-2011, 05:47 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'll be sure to watch for the motor to just rip the frames apart and shoot out the side of the 700.

More power than 10kw? LOL
Old 03-14-2011, 08:33 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Seems kinda strange running such large tails and RPM.

I tried 115MM edge and at high RPM its completly not neccessary.

Best to get some good packs, using cheapy packs and a custom wound motor kinda defeats the purpose of winding the motor.
helicraze is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2011, 08:57 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by helicraze View Post
Seems kinda strange running such large tails and RPM.

I tried 115MM edge and at high RPM its completly not neccessary.

Best to get some good packs, using cheapy packs and a custom wound motor kinda defeats the purpose of winding the motor.
I run everywhere from 1700 rpm for some fpv, ap work and slow sports flying ( big tail really helps) to 2278 where your right you really don't need 120mm tail blades....... with the kde and high gov with the sk720 I had bad tail kicks so I went with the bigger blades, but now with the v bar and new motor it’s a different story : )..... I have some 115 edge tail blades, their junk though both sets I had they vibrate bad, I am worried about these main blades I picked up their cg is off by 3mm. Doubt I will ever buy another edge product as their quality is just unimpressive so far.

I am honestly thinking of getting 2 thunder power packs.... but am going to wait for the logo 800, so I can get 2x 7s packs or maybe a 6s and a 7s if the rpm is too much........ I just now need to figure out where to buy tp packs at a good price, and maybe a new charger set up by then to charge at their 12c : )

the main point of the custom wound motor was efficiency and I have achieved that, next time I am out I am going to see just how long I can fly at 1700 rpm, bet I hit 10-12min maybe longer, like I said their is almost no heat coming off this motor : ) .... besides these packs are not all that bad..... granted I think I am done with HK
Old 03-15-2011, 09:47 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Wow man I hit 7183 with my 510mx the other day that was 9.6 Hp and the heli is bog proof, your 10068 comes out to 13.5 Hp great job on that setup. post your CC settings if its not top secret
Noahh is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in