Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Other Makes and Models Helicopters > JS TZ-V2 Frenzy

JS TZ-V2 Frenzy JS Models TZ-V2 Frenzy Helicopters Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2011, 01:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default New Torque Tube V2.50 kit

Who has run this .50 TT setup? How is the quality holding up (main concern is the gears)? Has someone successfully converted a belt set-up to TT? And if so can you list all the need parts for this conversion?
Jordan1978 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2011, 11:05 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have converted my belt TZ ,to torque tube. Have not flown it yet due to the weather and work schedule. I can however tell you this, DO NOT do it. It will cost you. BUT if you are like me (I was midway when I found out the frames were diff) here is a parts needed breakdown. If I miss something I apologize. Basically go to A main hobbies and buy everything with a TT behind it. (1) new TT frame set (2) tailboom with driveshaft and bearings in it (3) Metal TT tailcase, and don't forget the tail output shaft cause it is different as well as the slider,bracket and bell crank (4) bevel gears ,front & rear+ the bearings(5)Tail boom holder(6) main shaft (7) drive gear shaft and spur gear.
Cost is about $154.00 without shipping. You decide.
Old 07-28-2011, 10:55 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

any progress with the conversion? how did it work out?
texasclouds is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-28-2011, 02:22 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Flew it several times and had to mess with the gyro settings. Really did not like it ( compared to the belt) Now it is flybarless with a total G. I adjusted the tail parameters within the total G and now it is awesome.
Old 07-28-2011, 02:26 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsergo60 View Post
Flew it several times and had to mess with the gyro settings. Really did not like it ( compared to the belt) Now it is flybarless with a total G. I adjusted the tail parameters within the total G and now it is awesome.
So you would suggest getting the belt version?

What flybarless head are you using?

Any idea on the minimum speed/torque needed for the servos? I've never setup a heli this large before.

...and why is this kit half as much as the other guys??
texasclouds is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-29-2011, 05:26 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasclouds View Post
So you would suggest getting the belt version? Yes, and don't look back

What flybarless head are you using? The JS Frenzy FBL head

Any idea on the minimum speed/torque needed for the servos? I've never setup a heli this large before. Align 610's are fine , or you can use JR 8717's. Any good servo in this range will do. Do not use JR/Spektrum ds821's though, as JR does not recommend these for 50 size and larger nitros.

...and why is this kit half as much as the other guys??
Why you ask, I feel as though it is because it is a copy of the JR Vibe 50 ,with a Thunder tiger clutch and tail. With that being said ( copy) They did not have the R&D the other companies had to endure. It may not be cool to be supporting this kind of activity, but I also feel that it is a form of flattery for the JR vibe. The Vibe is such a great model, but ( yes here goes the butt) parts are expensive. The only downside to the cheaply priced JS TZ Frenzy, is that you will most likely replace a few parts ( like the clutch/bell) that do not hold up well. Did I mention the swashplate? Anyway, before you know it ,you will have $200.00 or so wrapped up in it and you can feel better about it. Really though , seriously, it is a great heli . It flies well ,tracks great, is stable ,but flips like crazy. I probably would have gotten one ,even if they were $250.00
Old 08-16-2011, 05:47 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have this heli for sale in the gas /glo heli section

Last edited by mattsergo60; 08-16-2011 at 04:29 PM..
mattsergo60 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in