Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Thunder Tiger GT5 FBL System

Thunder Tiger GT5 FBL System Thunder Tiger GT5 Flybarless Electronics

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2012, 04:12 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default New GT5.1 in September

http://www.rctech.com.tw/news/produc...der-tiger.html
Looks like a new unit is eminent in September!! i hope existing units will be upgrade able to new software? Can someone from TT comment? I for one who have just bought my first and love it will be very disappointed if not.
Advertisement

Old 07-14-2012, 07:52 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

http://www.infinity-hobby.com/main/n...ewsdesk_id=762

Quote:
There will have new version of GT5. GT5.1
The Gt5.1 will have ability to upgrade firmwary and coompatible with Spektrum DSMX.
Other feature is improbe the operation flow to let smooth and easyer.
The publish date should be in September.

New resource: RC Tech Magazine http://www.rctech.com.tw/news/produc...der-tiger.html
The above suggests that the existing model cannot be upgraded - I'm quite happy with the way mine is performing, but would most certainly update firmware for things like "Fail Safe".

SAB Goblin 700 - CCHV120 - BEC Pro - AR7200BX - TM1000 / 450 Pro - GT5 - Tarot head / T-Rex 550 V2.1 - CC100 - BEC Pro - AR7200BX - TM1000 /
1004ron is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-14-2012, 07:58 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

There was talk of firmware upgrades and possible Gov implementation around launch of the GT5. I was hoping that this was true and not just sales pitch BS which i would deem it as if a new unit has to be purchased to be able to upgrade. I love mine and will be using them in the future as I love Kontronik ESC's and don't really feel I need an external gov. Makes me wonder what the enigmatic memory dump meny item is there for if not future use.
Old 07-20-2012, 06:40 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I wonder what will actually be different about the GT5.1 besides the extras they are listing ?
I mean I wonder if the way the unit works in the air will be much different or just a refined unit . The reason I wonder is that I have my current one working great and I'm hoping they don't make it harder to get where I have this one currently . By that I mean I hope they don't soften it's general characteristics right back or anything silly like that to make it better for a miniority of users , for example for guys just learning to hover or what have you .

Synergy E7, Goblin 630, Goblin 380 KSE, KDS chase 360,Trex 700N, Futaba 18mz.
Jaso is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in