Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > nano CP X

nano CP X Blade nano CP X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2014, 09:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default lynx dfc

I was looking at the Lynx DFC head and blade grips for the nano and was curious if they use the stock feathering shaftand dampers?
Advertisement

Old 08-26-2014, 10:12 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Turko

It does use the stock fs. I purchased the DFC head set which comes with the center hub and o-rings.

Jon
NeverDone is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-27-2014, 02:00 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

They either have their own version of the stock sized fs or they use the stocker. I believe that only xtreme has a larger and thus more durable spindle.
Old 08-27-2014, 01:44 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default dfc

Hey Neverdone, what do you think of the DFC setup, good, bad, must have?
Old 08-27-2014, 02:57 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

For me it was a must have, not because my flying skills demanded it but because I like gadgets. I really just wanted the swash plate but then gave in to the "might-as-wells" while standing at the counter.

After I installed everything, I was really impressed by how much the action tightened up.

The rotor head spins a lot truer too, but that may have been a slightly bent fs.

My only concern was the Lynx blades (95 mm) were a bit snug in the grips and didn't swing freely. The stock blades seem fine.

In all, I was impressed with the quality, fit and finish (red anodized).

Btw: my apologies for a seemingly late reply but us noobs posts go into a queue for review to ensure we're not bots.

Jon
Old 08-30-2014, 11:47 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Don't worry about the blades being tight....it's a different ballgame with the aftermarket head. I had the same issue with the extreme and lynx blades...it never did any harm.
Old 08-31-2014, 11:27 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thank you Bobsyouruncle

I was under the impression the blades should swing down freely toward the floor when the heli is turned on its side.

I tried snugging down the screws and found the heli to be jumpy, but that may have been a characteristic of longer than stock blades that are also bullet style, and my inexperience.

I will try the stretched Lynx blades again, tightened down a bit more.

I'm relatively new cp having my nano for only 2 weeks (I have an mSRx, 200 SRx, and mcpx2 in the hanger).

Perhaps a separate thread on blade design and effect is in order bc I have about 10 more questions.
Old 09-16-2014, 12:41 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey hi there.
Basic helicopter physics causes this progression problem. As one blade goes around and starts going down when it's going slower than the other which is going faster because it's going up wind. This causes the differential in lift which can cause the helicopter to literally come apart. Full-size helicopters solution for this allows the rotors to hinge or tilt [there are two basic aproaches used]. The upwind blade is able to go up a little bit and it down wind blade is able to droop. Since that's a lot of engineering to put into a 1 ounce helicopter that you're planning to smash into the ground upside down repeatedly. We just use a really loose screw. Larger model helicopters do have to tighten up their grips until you have to give the helicopter a good shake before the blades drop down. But that is because they're combating a leading and lagging issue on spool up or spin down that we don't have. I also have a Mars 480 and it has to have pretty tight grips.
Santa Cruz's most reliable source of broken Nano parts!
headless_monkeyman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-16-2014, 12:43 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sorry if my response sounds a lot like english is my second language. I'm using voice recognition software on my phone, and I'll try to edit a little bit when I get back to my office
Santa Cruz's most reliable source of broken Nano parts!
headless_monkeyman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in