Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > nano CP X

nano CP X Blade nano CP X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2014, 12:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Micro Motor Warehouse

Anyone tried one of these motors in a nano cpx instead of brushless setup? If you have please give your feedback please.
FLMIBrewer74 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-26-2014, 08:14 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm wondering the same thing. I recently replaced the motor in my nano cpx, and soon afterward I had it dancing on the ground after a crash (I thought I hit throttle hold, but obviously didn't. Oops.) The motor still works, but it has noticeably less power now.

The Xtreme brushless motors are on sale for just over $20 shipped right now at http://www.ebay.com/itm/Xtreme-Blade...-/390732050887, and I'm tempted to go that route, but I'm just not sure I want to sink that much more time and money into this little guy.

I hear that the MQX and v929 motors work in the nano cpx (after enlarging the motor mount holes a bit), so in theory the micro motor warehouse motors should also work.
gauchopuro is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-27-2014, 06:34 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

yes, please... I would love to try the 8.5 dark motor in my ncpx... I have thought about getting a set and giving them a try... but $33 plus shipping... not sure I want to try them that much.... but would buy them if they worked good.

and yes, I have put a 180qx motor (8.5) in the ncpx after making the hole bigger... good thing about all this, is this motor would also fit the msrx....

Would love to try them in my msrx and ncpx.
Steve Javorsky is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2014, 11:49 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've got one. More power than stock but not the same as brushless. Less weight helps keep it light. A drop in 8mm may be coming.
RyanRC is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2014, 12:09 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

RyanRC, do you have any more info on the possible 8mm drop in motor? I would definitely buy it, unless I modify my frame for the 8.5mm motor first.

Which MMW motor are you running in your nano? Is it possible to buy just the one you need, or do you have to get the set of 4 with 2 CW and 2 CCW?
Old 08-28-2014, 04:04 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I ask MMW about the ones for the micro airplanes. There are 8.5mm and CW. And same spec as the ones for 180qx. I am going to give these a try, just need to place the order. Also they come with no plug.

Sent from my SGH-S959G using Tapatalk 2
Old 08-28-2014, 08:16 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ah, I remember seeing those once but had forgotten about them. Are you going with the -15 or the -17? I'm interested to hear how it works out for you.
Old 08-28-2014, 09:47 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just placed an order for the dark ones-17. cant wait to try them out, will let you all know how they work. Might need to get a few fresh batteries too...
Old 09-04-2014, 10:28 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Keen to see if you can force the 8.5mm can into the frame.
8.0x20mm motor is in the making. I'm currently looking for a handful of dedicated beta testers.
I hope it's OK to post this link here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=29349442 (just replace "RCG-profile" with "HF-profile" when you read it )

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 09-04-2014, 05:01 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

That's great news! I lack the expertise to be one of the elite few beta testers, but I'm definitely interested in getting a set of these motors when they're released.
Old 09-05-2014, 09:11 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by benedikt View Post
8.0x20mm motor is in the making. I'm currently looking for a handful of dedicated beta testers.
I hope it's OK to post this link here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=29349442 (just replace "RCG-profile" with "HF-profile" when you read it )

I have some of your 8.5mm on the way, I have already made the frame ready to take the 8.5mm motor, cant wait to try it out. Would love to try out the 8.0mm one as well, then you would not have to mod the frame.(but this is very easy to do) Then all you would need to do is make the wire connecter the same and it would be plug and play.
Old 09-13-2014, 10:22 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

So I got my motors..... already had the frame ready for the 8.5mm motor as I was trying out the 180qx motor....

All I can say is this motor has speed and power.....

I used the pinion that comes with it, 9T I think...the stock motor has 7T I think.... I was going to change them out, but when I put the new motor in there was no poblems with mesh... so I just went with it....

PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE YOU BUY THEM....

I fixed up 2 ncpx's one works great, the other... for some reason has made 2 servos stop working... both the same side.... I think it is due to heat, and the motor being so close to the servo's.... I have now just purchased some of the nano gizmo things, thinking that moving the servos away from the motor might help... will report back when that is done.

as for flying, I am not that great at it... so I cant really tell you what it can and cant do... I can only invert just a little.... but I can tell the difference is BIG !!!!!

run times are going to drop some..... I was at 3:30 with my oversky 200 and or 45c eflight... would be around 3.80 when done... think I will lose 20sec or so with these motors...still working on setting my run times.

also these motors will drop right into your msrx... just need to change pinion and make motor plug to board... no frame mod....

If you are looking to do this, I used a 21/64 drill bit and turned it by hand... this takes alot of time... you have to go slow and take your time so you dont mess up the frame.... just remember once you do this, you will not be able to use your frame with a stock motor.

as for how long they will last ??? cant help you... just got them, but will report back when I have a better answer !!!!
Old 12-16-2014, 01:27 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by benedikt View Post

any feedback/news on the new 8mm motor?
Me_How is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2014, 01:51 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Over on that other rc forum, benedikt said that he's having trouble sourcing the correct pinions, so he's working on switching to a smaller shaft on the motors to accommodate the available pinions. I'm anxiously awaiting the release, and I haven't heard any other recent updates.
Old 12-21-2014, 10:33 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Javorsky View Post
So I got my motors..... already had the frame ready for the 8.5mm motor as I was trying out the 180qx motor....

All I can say is this motor has speed and power.....

I used the pinion that comes with it, 9T I think...the stock motor has 7T I think.... I was going to change them out, but when I put the new motor in there was no poblems with mesh... so I just went with it....

PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE YOU BUY THEM....

I fixed up 2 ncpx's one works great, the other... for some reason has made 2 servos stop working... both the same side.... I think it is due to heat, and the motor being so close to the servo's.... I have now just purchased some of the nano gizmo things, thinking that moving the servos away from the motor might help... will report back when that is done.

as for flying, I am not that great at it... so I cant really tell you what it can and cant do... I can only invert just a little.... but I can tell the difference is BIG !!!!!

run times are going to drop some..... I was at 3:30 with my oversky 200 and or 45c eflight... would be around 3.80 when done... think I will lose 20sec or so with these motors...still working on setting my run times.

also these motors will drop right into your msrx... just need to change pinion and make motor plug to board... no frame mod....

If you are looking to do this, I used a 21/64 drill bit and turned it by hand... this takes alot of time... you have to go slow and take your time so you dont mess up the frame.... just remember once you do this, you will not be able to use your frame with a stock motor.

as for how long they will last ??? cant help you... just got them, but will report back when I have a better answer !!!!
Just an update on my post. The problem I had with the servos was not the fault of the motor getting to hot. I had the main board fixed and well it started having issues again, sent it back and they (mega's micro) fixed it for me. I am still using the 8.5 "17's" in my ncpx and msrx. I have to say they are still working great, and I have a few more coming as backup for when they stop working.
Old 12-23-2014, 08:45 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Do you have a link for these 8.5 motors you are using?
shawzie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-24-2014, 10:13 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawzie View Post
Do you have a link for these 8.5 motors you are using?
Sure, here you go.

http://micro-motor-warehouse.com/col...planes-e-flite

I am using the CL-0820-17

Using these in my NCPX and my MSRX. (MSRX no mods to frame) Remember you have to make the stock frame bigger, and the motor then gets really close to the servo's so getting one of these helps.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nano-Pin-Fix...item4ae10d81a1

Also in my other post, I said that I used the pinion that comes with it. Well I am back to the stock pinion (from the stock motor) as the one that comes with it is bigger. So to make this motor work you have to make the frame bigger, pull your pinion from stock motor and put on new motor and put connector on wires. Yes this is a lot of work, but I think it is worth it.
Old 01-20-2015, 09:19 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi. This sounds succesful experiment.

Do you have any experience with the cheaper $3 8.5mm motors from banggood?
nickyd is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2015, 01:50 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

No. Just the stock motor, HH brushless and micro motor 8.5 - 17's

Sent from my SGH-S959G using Tapatalk 2
Old 01-21-2015, 01:55 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok. Thanks for the reply. Maybe I will try one, though there is no real spec and they are designed for mini quads...
nickyd is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in