Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 700 Class Nitro Helicopters

700 Class Nitro Helicopters 700 Class Nitro Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2013, 01:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default how to set up governor? 3GX, DX8

Hello I am done with my build and am trying to learn how to set-up my governor, what to set my settings to on my DX8, and what they mean, and it would be nice to verify that it is working.. I am using the 3GX, and a spectrum AR8000 rx in my T Rex700N Pro, converted to DFC.. YS91SR engine.. all bone stock.. I went through the set-up and did the throttle calibration, and the 3GX reset as it said it is suppossed to.. Sorry I can't find any instructions on Governor setup anywhere.
If someone would give me a quick run-through of setup and what the settings mean.
You will be my Hero! Sorry, I have the sensor plugged directly into the 3GX.. and have the governor set-up on the flight mode switch... Thank You..
ukiah74 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-27-2013, 04:29 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Governor DX8 set up

Hello there, So I'm guessing you did the calibration with the throttle curve at liner,
0-100. By now if your gov is set up on your F.mode switch, your DX8 radio will have a governor menu. Go into the menu and you will have normal, stunt 1, stunt 2. This menu is for the sensitivity of the throttle servo to hold the RPM in 3D flight..

Now the higher the number the more it will hold rpm, this saying now
I use normal at 0% and 95% on ST1, ST2..

Step 2 go in to your servo setup and select travel menu, which it should be by default.
Scroll down to throttle and select the menu and change to governor, this will be your travel adjust menu... Now this is were you set your Rpm..

I use 95%-95% on my travel which give me around 2000 rpm()

So around 85%-85% you will close to 1980Rpm...

One last note, If you have the manual for the 700N DFC or 700N LE there is a reference chart for percentage on rpm..

Hope this help,

ALIGN 700N DFC~~~600EFL~~~DX8
VOLTZ~~~~~MAVRIKK
eskyruben is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2013, 06:09 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Talking Thank you eskyruben

Yes I did do the throttle calibration liner.. 0-100... Sweet! the mystery is over.. ... I was completly lost.. so the %set in flight modes keeps the rpms solid during; lets say bogging ect during 3-D? (keeps the rpm solid like a gyro keeps the tail straight)? My next question would be what would a 0% (in normal mode) setting due? and is there a way to tell if all is working correctly without a data logger i.e. rpm's? also with my 550e 3GX I set the throttle curve at 0-60-80-85-100 and the pitch curve at 40-45-50-75-100 so I allways get solid take off with-out tipping. can and should I do the same with my Nitro Heli?
Tomarrow I fly
Old 12-28-2013, 12:44 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Gov set up

I would leave normal mode at 0%, due to you wont see any change because the governor kicks in at 30% throttle anyways.

As for the pitch curve yes you can use the same setting, but for throttle curve remember that your using a nitro Heli.... This saying your throttle curve will be used for a back up encase your governor fails in flight.

Here are my setting which work really well.

Normal I have 0,25,50,66,66,-- keeps a nice head speed in hover to warm up engine.
Stunt 1 I have 85,78,75,78,85 -- keeps around 1980 encase governor fails..

If all is done correct you will here from normal mode to ST 1 the engine rpm go up...

One last note on pitch curve, if your doing auto make sure your hold is set up to a liner line.. my pitch curve are all at liner but that's my liking..

hope this help on your set up...

VOLTZ~~~~~MAVRIKK
Old 12-28-2013, 02:21 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Thanks for your help eskyruben!!

That should be all I need to know to proceed.. I will set everything up as yours is.. since it works for you .. I am going to fire her back up today and test everything and run a tank or to through it between idle and half throttle.. (then put the blades back on and hover for awhile) before I let loose and have some fun..
Eskyruben, you are a life saver! thank you so much for your time and input.. It's people like yourself that keep the hobby going
Old 12-28-2013, 04:19 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Governor set up

Your very welcome my friend.... Happy flying

VOLTZ~~~~~MAVRIKK
Old 12-29-2013, 06:41 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just got back from flying three tanks through my T-Rex 700N DFC.. everything went flawless.. Thanks to all who have helped me along the way.. I'm still running very rich and will slowly lean her in over time.. feels very solid.. can't wait to let loose with it..
baby steps! I came home with it in one piece! thats good for one day
Old 12-30-2013, 02:06 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Goveror

Very nice too hear..

VOLTZ~~~~~MAVRIKK
Old 01-06-2014, 03:13 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok Im lost. I heard to adjust the head speed to 2,000, wich im guessing is at full throttle because doing the math I got something like 16,270 engine rpms will get me in the 2,000rpm head speed range, and my motor is rated up to 17,000 rpms. So the governor keeps the headspeed smooth (the same) during 3-D manuveres where the head is being loaded and unloaded, but at max rpm (IDLE UP).. Do I have it even close.. and how do I adjust or set engine rpms with out knowing what they are? especialy at IDLE UP, My digital tach has to be 4"-6" away to read.. In IDLE UP yeah right! Do I even need to use a governor? I have one, so I should be using it I just dont understand it or understand how to set it up safely... Please HELP ME..LOL..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in