Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > JR Helicopters

JR Helicopters JR Forza, Vibe and Vigor Helicopters Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2015, 06:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default JR E8 with 6S setup

Anyone experienced JR E8 with 6S setup, please advise me.

Plan to install Scorpion or DT motor at 1100KV, Is it OK to try or not?

Thanks
CHATCHAIAPI is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2015, 05:39 AM   #2 (permalink)

I have one on 12s.

I can't see why 6s wouldn't work. Should be ok with a good ESC.
anon7906555 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2015, 10:26 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I know guys running it 6s+890kv motor+fuselage+5800mAh battery, full F3C schedule capable (6~7min).
Like any 600, it's just a trade kv/pinion/mAh/endurance.
myster.mask is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2015, 01:52 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default ..should have read this before

Quote:
Originally Posted by myster.mask View Post

I know guys running it 6s+890kv motor+fuselage+5800mAh battery, full F3C schedule capable (6~7min).
Like any 600, it's just a trade kv/pinion/mAh/endurance.
Dooh.. Really?? I have decided to go for E6-550 because I thought E8 can only do 8S to 12S.

Any link / pictures, and more details of the 6S setup?

Which make is the 890 kV motor? Which ESC is used?

I would guess that the fuse is Super Scorpion (V2)?
Rex Batavia is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2016, 07:35 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi folks,

I just got a bargain for NEX E8 Leggero. Since I want to stick with 6S packs, I want to start to have 6S setup on it (perhaps 12S in the future). I do not fly 3D, rather sport.

Could you guys give some input for the motor, ESC, and pinion setup?

I think I will get the Scorpion 4025-890 (890 kV) motor, as it seems to work. Could you confirm?

I already have 6S 5800 mAh battery packs.

For ESC I have a spare Hobbywing Platinum V3 100A. Will it be enough?

Which pinion gear should I take? The stock pinion gear is T10.

Thanks for any help.
Old 03-20-2016, 11:30 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey Rex,

Did you get the one from the guy at McGregor? There was one in the BMFA here. If so that's the same price I got mine for from Midland helicopters.

I think 890KV will be just a bit too high in my humble opinion, it may still work at lower throttle but it puts your headspeed around 2000 which would pull quite a few amps. If you have a two blade version that might be OK though. (I will just add - I have run 600 size helis with the same gear ratio on 12s using 510kv motors and it worked fine even though they really could have used a lower kv, so 890 might be fine on 6s)

Regarding pinions, the pinion that comes with it is specially made to fit into the bearing at the top. I suppose you could use a generic pinion and then just get a little piece machined to fit on the motor shaft on top of the pinion that would fit into the bearing in the frame. I think the slant angle of the teeth is standard. But the other question then would be if you have enough room to move the motor for the right mesh. I'm just sticking with the stock 10 tooth pinion.

I have not yet flown mine due to the weather and / or work, but my setup is:

NEX E8 Leggero with three blade head

Scorpion 4025 / 650kv
Jive 100 LV
I'll try different Lipos from 4000 to 5000mah

This kv motor should give me about 1500 headspeed on 6s, which on a three blade setup should be pretty good, hopefully.

If it works but just feels like it needs a little more headspeed then I'll have a motor rewound for about 700kv, prob a 600mx as I have a few spares.
HD Cell 750, RJX Vector, TDR, TDSF, Kasama Dune and Faifa, Minicopter Triabolo 700, Beam Avantgarde, JR E8 leggero, Suzi Laos, Shape 9, Shape S8, Rave 450, TRex 500, Raptor E700, Compass Warp, Steam 700, Spirit, Spartan, Jeti.
trillian is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2016, 12:08 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi trillian,

Got mines also from Midland :-)

It is with two blade head though.

If you see the previous message from myster mask in this thread, he referred to the french heli forum.

I read the french threads, 890 kV seem to work (I assume he people talked about two bladed helis).

Not clear for me about the pinion used there. That is why my question.

What is your electronic setup (servos, flybarless)? Which main and tail rotor blades?

Please do post some impresions and results when you have maidened your 6S Leggero.
Old 03-20-2016, 07:40 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

OK, cool, yeah for two blades that should be perfect.

My setup is:

CY Total-G flybarless with three Spektrum sats. The Total-G is hardly ever spoken of these days but I quite like them. The only thing is that sometimes they work brilliantly and sometimes they won't be a perfect match with the airframe geometry, so I'll try it and see. If it doesn't work well and I don't want to spend time tweaking it I'll replace it with a Spartan VX1.

I have Spektrum H6040 servos on the swash and a JR 8900 on the tail, everything is running on the Jive BEC and I have an Opti Ultraguard as a backup.

At the moment I have the mains and tails that came with it. The mains are JR 600s and the tail blades are plastic 95mm. If the tail doesn't hold well enough I think there's room to go a little bigger.

I also have a Canomod Vibe canopy that fits but required a little dremelling at the top where the swash links go. Anyway, I got it cheap just to have a different look sometimes.

Hopefully I'll get to maiden it this week, it looks like it's warming up a bit and not much rain.

One thing I did on my build is on the bellcranks where the links go to the swash, I wasn't comfortable with just the links threaded into the plastic as there's only about 4mm and they just didn't seem secure enough to me. So I got some longer bolts and secured them with nylon locknuts. I used Raptor link balls and they're slightly bigger so it required a little reaming of the links. I suppose alternatively you could use the stock link balls with a little CA or epoxy.

Mine weighs 3.93kg ready to fly with an Opti 4300 pack. Yours will be about 130 grams lighter as you won't have the third blade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex Batavia View Post
Hi trillian,

Got mines also from Midland :-)

It is with two blade head though.

If you see the previous message from myster mask in this thread, he referred to the french heli forum.

I read the french threads, 890 kV seem to work (I assume he people talked about two bladed helis).

Not clear for me about the pinion used there. That is why my question.

What is your electronic setup (servos, flybarless)? Which main and tail rotor blades?

Please do post some impresions and results when you have maidened your 6S Leggero.
HD Cell 750, RJX Vector, TDR, TDSF, Kasama Dune and Faifa, Minicopter Triabolo 700, Beam Avantgarde, JR E8 leggero, Suzi Laos, Shape 9, Shape S8, Rave 450, TRex 500, Raptor E700, Compass Warp, Steam 700, Spirit, Spartan, Jeti.
Old 04-10-2016, 12:18 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Maiden done today

I have now flown the E8. It was seriously crazy windy so I only did two flights and the first was just dailing in the gains and ail and elev speed.

I'm not yet 100% certain that it will work well enough on 6s but I do think it's possible. The motor I have at the moment is only 650KV so my headspeed with 62% throttle (Jive 100LV) is approx 1450. At this headspeed I definitely need more pitch range because what I have set on it now just isn't enough at all (I think it's about +/- 12). So that's something I have to adjust before the next time.

The tail holds OK so far but might need slightly bigger tail blades, we'll see how that goes. I can get a tiny bit more headspeed with that motor and still have enough governor headroom but much more and I would worry about the amp demands on these LiPos.

In any case it was a successful maiden and may well just work with a few tweaks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1060079sm.JPG
Views:	148
Size:	248.0 KB
ID:	645973   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1060078sm.JPG
Views:	135
Size:	246.8 KB
ID:	645974  

Last edited by trillian; 04-10-2016 at 05:45 PM..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in