Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 500 Class Electric Helicopters

500 Class Electric Helicopters 500 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2014, 07:05 AM   #181 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default cpo's Officially Unofficial Tarot 500 Build Thread

Planning a maiden today of the 500 FBL. Here it is all ready for a test flight...

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403957097.427494.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	282.1 KB
ID:	518778Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403957108.528395.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	272.1 KB
ID:	518779Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403957117.894747.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	225.3 KB
ID:	518780Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403957127.912249.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	293.4 KB
ID:	518781
Advertisement

Old 06-28-2014, 11:23 AM   #182 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Maiden was a success. It took a little bit to get it off the ground the first time.

Tail gain was really high to start...was shaking like a nervous chihuahua trying to poop peach pits. A couple of quick adjustments on CH5, and all was good. Put a battery through it, with no issues to speak of. Flies nice. Actually...now that I think of it, its the first maiden of this heli that didn't end with smoke! (Two bad motors in a row).
Old 06-28-2014, 02:47 PM   #183 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Congrats!!!

Some advice???
I wouldnt zip tie the tail servo lead to the boom...curl it, let it hang out of the way somehow. Booms are one of the most destroyed parts on a heli, if the servo lead is secured to the boom, theres a good chance it will get ripped out if the boom gets ripped off...Mine are just curled, and have, three times, just pulled out of the plug connector when the boom was taken out i a crash.
Be aware of the servo leads that are resting on the frame edges. I use either some of the fuzzy side of velcro tape to protect the servo lead from chaffing on the frame edge from vibes, or plastic fuel line. I have all my servo leads covered in servo line braided sheathing, but its not necessary. Just want to make sure anywhere your servo leads, esc leads, and FBL unit leads are resting on the frame edges, you have them protected. Sanded frame edges may feel fine, but alot of constant vibration can wear a spot through them.

EDIT:::: I just got a closer look at your tail servo...I see that you have it zipped to the boom, but the plug should just come out in a crash... good job.

Be aware though.. the metal servo arms from Hitec will NOT give or break in a crash...plastic ones do. Most of us running Hitec servos...( I run them on my 500's ) will switch to the plastic ones. On a flybar heli, its not as bad. The head takes most of the punishment before the servos take a hit in a crash.. but with FBL.. the servo arms take a decent shot in a crash, and many times take the gears with it. Even "metal gear" Hitecs have a sacrificial gear in them. But the plastic case is the issue in a crash. I keep spares of both, the case and gears for my Hitec's...I fly all flybarred on all 4 heli's, so I havent yet had to replace a set of gears or cases in my 7 crashes to date.
Again, congrats on the maiden.

EDIT AGAIN:::: Just some info.. one upgrade I thought REALLY paid off for me...
The i2 base plate for the Trex 500. It comes with breakaway nuts on the skid mounts. They have worked for me three times flawlessly. The nuts broke off and let the whole landing set breakaway, instead of taking the frame with it...I've personally thanked Bob for this set up.
HC500SE ....GO TEAM FLYBAR!
Blayd is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in