Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 300X

300X Blade 300X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2012, 01:34 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

I would guess the Gaui X2 would be close in size to the 300X. Another competitor in this size class.
Lord Nelson is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2012, 09:20 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Got 130. I know wrong thread. Sorry

But its killer.. Wont need a 300. 450 so close to that why bother unless you need to ..what the heck..lol only live once.
Old 07-07-2012, 09:28 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

just made a new thread with videos of size
Old 07-07-2012, 02:06 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by motoracer5 View Post
I have 2 wiped out Blade CP's in my basement..... Was going to build them up just too see if they fly as awful as I thought, or if it was just me! They made me quit flying way back then....... Now I just need my 300x!
LOL my dads got my old one hes thought about getting it out and hovering it, i bet after flying mcpx so much it be a hand full but maybe not. I had two its the heli i learned to fly but today we have much nicer helis

Epoweredrc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2013, 10:09 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Since the 450 is a more standard size heli, is it easier to find used/aftermarket parts to fix the 450 vs. the 300? Or is that just an absurd notion?
quantumstate is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2013, 11:16 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

I got my 300x before my 450x. Knowing what I know now I would have skipped the 300x. The 450x is by far a better, stronger heli, probably Blade's best designed so far (500x maybe even better, don't know yet!).

Once you get used to the extra power and momentum of the 450x you really do not need much more room to fly it imho. Also, having crashed both of these a few times I've found the crash cost to be about the same. Battery costs are a little higher with the 450x but not that much (~+5 per battery for the hk turnigy 30c packs I buy).

I have thought about selling my 300x but since it's running so well, plus the fact that secondhand prices are so low, I'll probably just keep flying and enjoying it.

I had a 130x but found fixing/replacing tail gears too much of a pain and sold it. I bought a new mcpx-bl for quick-fix small field flying and could not be happier. The tail is not quite as solid as the 130x (when it's running well) but it's not too far off and the power is about the same. Has the same crash resistance as the mcpx v2 when flown over soft grass and much better than the 130x.

Cheers,
TomC
Now also a FPV addict; Quads and Planes (soon to try heli's!)
TomC is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2013, 04:36 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for the response. I've heard those mcpx bl's are a handful. But I've been tempted to get one and try it out.
quantumstate is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2013, 04:47 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by quantumstate View Post
Thanks for the response. I've heard those mcpx bl's are a handful. But I've been tempted to get one and try it out.
VERY fun little heli. I love mine but it's still a toy compared to the 450x imho. Great for basic acro/light 3D training.

Cheers,
TomC
Now also a FPV addict; Quads and Planes (soon to try heli's!)
TomC is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2013, 05:14 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Well, it actually is quite a bit smaller. So small you can easily fit it into your backpack. Perfect for those "out to lunch" agreements
Radio: Spektrum DX8 Gen 1
SHYguy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2013, 12:30 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomascoleman View Post
anyone got a real photo of the 250 vs 300 in size?
I have both and the 250 is quite small compared to the 300X. I wanted a 450 size FBL heli and went with a Trex Pro DFC for the higher performance.
petedee is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2013, 12:51 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC View Post
I got my 300x before my 450x. Knowing what I know now I would have skipped the 300x. The 450x is by far a better, stronger heli, probably Blade's best designed so far (500x maybe even better, don't know yet!).

Once you get used to the extra power and momentum of the 450x you really do not need much more room to fly it imho. Also, having crashed both of these a few times I've found the crash cost to be about the same. Battery costs are a little higher with the 450x but not that much (~+5 per battery for the hk turnigy 30c packs I buy).

I have thought about selling my 300x but since it's running so well, plus the fact that secondhand prices are so low, I'll probably just keep flying and enjoying it. I

I had a 130x but found fixing/replacing tail gears too much of a pain and sold it. I bought a new mcpx-bl for quick-fix small field flying and could not be happier. The tail is not quite as solid as the 130x (when it's running well) but it's not too far off and the power is about the same. Has the same crash resistance as the mcpx v2 when flown over soft grass and much better than the 130x.

Cheers,
TomC
This sounds like very good advice. I too was on the fence on which heli to buy. I had the 300x in my sights then I went to ampdraws websit and pulled up the price difference. A few things turned me to the 450x. One, blade has been making this 450 size helicopter for a long time now. The difference is the FBL head with beastx, and a few things that go along with FBL setup. Bottom line is this was a proven design with an upgrade. I went with the 450x and knowing what I know now, I would do it all over again. Now that being said I would love a 250 size helicopter. The two helis I want and dont have are due to price. To me its hard to get a 250 becouse of the price I can get the 300x with the beastx, and its hard to say buy 300x when a 450x is not that much more. I would go mcpx bl as a first heli to learn on. Once you can really fly an mcpx v1,v2 or v3, (not just hover) you should be ready for the 450x, then go up or down in size from there. Thats just my 2 cents worth.
Temptation is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2013, 01:09 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Buy them all! Buy every single heli you can get your hands on! Mortgage your house. Sell your dog.

(Should probably mention I just came home from not crashing my 300x)
Old 05-12-2013, 02:03 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

What we really need is for Blade to make a 250x and a 150x or improve the 130x. but the 250x would be great with a 250.00 price tage bnf. They came through with themcpx bl, so now they need to make the 250x, Blade are you listening???
Temptation is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2013, 10:30 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temptation View Post
What we really need is for Blade to make a 250x and a 150x or improve the 130x. but the 250x would be great with a 250.00 price tage bnf. They came through with themcpx bl, so now they need to make the 250x, Blade are you listening???
I think if they were listening they would have come out with a new main frame for the 300x!
lovespicyfood is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2013, 07:31 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temptation View Post
Bank of America will give you a mortgage on your heli and since they are all electric, the Obama administration will give you a tax credit.
Old 05-14-2013, 09:22 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Size 300x vs 450x - any point if already own a 450x

I have the 130x (front servo and tail are a pain, but coolest size!!), MCPX BL for learning, the 300x, and 450x. The 300x flies smaller to me...and seems less "lethal" so I'm not quite as frightened to fly it in a smaller area...so maybe its mental but I like having both. The 450x is nice, reliable, and a beast....
Kalashluvr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2013, 12:50 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default difference

the visual difference is not that much but IMHO the difference in presense while in the air is huge. The 450x is a much faster heli. I fly my 130 and 300 in my yard and mostly just hover the 450x out there. until i get better i dont try tricks in the yard w the 450. Everytime i try it costs me money. No problem w the 300 though. Could just be a mental thing who knows. Good luck.
all blades so far: 120sr, mCPxv2, 130X(spin8800 & DS35 with BG flip mod), 300X, 450X(H3000, H5020G, Scorpion 2221-6), DX6i, DX8, and PhoenixV4. !!!THANK YOU TO EVERYONE ON THIS SITE FOR ALL YOUR HELP!!!
grabsomeozone is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2013, 04:06 PM   #38 (permalink)
Closed Account

I have all but the blade 450x I have a trex 450 pro dfc for size comparison though.

blade mcpx BL -> decent little heli way more responsive than the normal mcpx. Can be a handful though. Solid tail

blade 130x -> favorite helicopter takes a serious beating and keeps on going. Does everything the big helis can do. Just flies amazing for how small it is.

trex 250 pro dfc -> Hated it flew like the mcpx BL but the tail was horrible. Maybe I didnt spend enough time dialing it in. But I found I was spending countless hours tinkering with it instead of flying it so I sold it.

blade 300x -> seems like a giant mcpx with a solid tail. Performance wise its blah.......nothing special. Flies decent havent had any issues with it.

Trex 450 pro dfc ->I Think everyone knows flies really good and does everything you can ask from it.

trex 700e pro dfc ->dont know yet still putting it together.

The blade stuff from the mcpx->300x all have similiar repair costs. 300x you will break more stuff when you crash but if you dont go crazy with mods on this stuff repairs dont usually break the bank.

The trex250 and trex 450 have similiar repair costs which is another reason I sold the 250. I'd rather own another 450 over the little squirrly 250.
xokia is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2013, 10:30 AM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

The 300x is a lazy flyer. The only benefit is that it flies like the bigger 450, meaning its not squirrely. I changed to Edge blades on the 300x which seems to have increased my forward flight by 25%. No joke, its a lot faster now. That being said, the 300x is used for perfecting smooth big air, and the 450x is used for whatever you can think of.

I purchased my 300x from AMAIN for $225 so I have no regrets. She goes up when the 450x needs a cool down.
Old 05-22-2013, 10:52 AM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomascoleman View Post

the actual size of the 300x vs the 450x doesnt seem to be allot in it
That's exactly why I went with the 450X, which turned out to be an excellent choice when I was deciding between the two helis. I already have a 130X and there just wasn't enough size difference between the 300X and 450X. What I really wanted was something slightly bigger than the 130X, so the 300X was too big to fit that role. I also read that the 300X can take up just about as much room to really fly it as a 450 sized heli. Having a bunch of compatible spare parts and batteries from my old 450 3d was a bonus in choosing the 450X, too. The 450X is faster, more powerful and can handle more wind. If the power is too much, all of it certainly doesn't have to be used and one can always tone it down in their radio settings until they're ready for it. All around, it's a great heli.
helifanatic99 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in