Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Jeti Duplex Radio Systems

Jeti Duplex Radio Systems Jeti Duplex Radio Systems Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2012, 07:08 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default JETI Duplex Tips and Tricks

This post will contain a list of tips and tricks. If you have a tip or trick that you think others will benefit from, please post it here. Please only post set ups you have tested and know works.

Thanks,
Lou
www.circlecityhelis.com
lperagallo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2012, 08:02 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location
Default Flight Modes

You can configure as many flight modes as you'd like. This can be a bit tricky the first time you do it. The most important thing to do is position each flight mode in the priority you want the system to inspect and set. When you start a new model the system establishes two flight modes by default.

Before I started I swapped the three position switch in sj with the two position switch from sd as my Throttle Hold switch.

To work with flight modes, First place the three position switch in the middle position.
  1. Hit Menu, Fine Tuning, Flight Modes
  2. You will see the default list of "Autorot. and Default"
  3. Hit Add
  4. The screen will then return to your new unlabelled flight mode
  5. Hit 3D to edit the flight mode. Enter a name "Normal"
  6. Next, scroll to Switch, hit 3D to enter the Select Input Control.
  7. Flip the sb switch UP, followed by Ok
  8. Hit Add
  9. The screen will then return to your new unlabelled flight mode
  10. Hit 3D to edit the flight mode. Enter a name "IDLE 1"
  11. Next, scroll to Switch, hit 3D to enter the Select Input Control.
  12. Flip the sb switch back to middle position, followed by Ok
  13. Hit Add
  14. The screen will then return to your new unlabelled flight mode
    Hit 3D to edit the flight mode. Enter a name "IDLE UP 2l"
  15. Next, scroll to Switch, hit 3D to enter the Select Input Control.
  16. Flip the sb switch DOWN, followed by Ok

After you do this sequence the list in the priority you want the system to apply the modes.

I suggest the following order:
  1. Autoroto.
  2. IDLE UP2
  3. IDLE UP 1
  4. NORMAL
  5. DEFAULT

Now go back to the to the main screen and flip switch sb. With the switch forward you should see NORMAL, middle position IDLE UP 1 and lower position IDLE UP 2 in the Flight Mode box. If they are not displaying correctly you will need to made sure you have the sb switch assigned to each flight mode in the correct position.

You should also assign switch sj to Autorot. so you have Throttle hold. Then when you position the sj switch down you should see Autorot in the flight mode display box.

Remember to go to the Function Curves menu and set your throttle curves and pitch curves for all flight modes. There will be another post on how to do this.

Lou
www.circlecityhelis.com

Last edited by lperagallo; 12-10-2012 at 09:21 PM..
Old 12-08-2012, 03:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default SKOOKUM PPM Servo Assignments

If you are using a single cable PPM output for a SKOOKUM FBL unit the following Servo assignments need to be set as follows.
Servo Assignments
1 - Aileron 2 - Elevator
3 - Throttle 4 - Rudder
5 - Gyro Sense 6 - Collective
7 - Cyclic

I used Gyro sense set to Gear channel to control the Tail bank and set gain. I used Cyclic set to Aux 2 to control Cyclic banks and set gain. You then use the Gryo/Governor under the Fine Tuning to set the gain. I assigned switch "sh" for Tail bank/gain and switch "si" for Cyclic bank/gain. Both are two position switches. When setting Cyclic gain you have to go to the Function Curves and set the end points to the gain setting you want. Make sure you leave this as a Global setting.

Lou
www.circlecityhelis.com
Old 12-12-2012, 07:45 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Throttle Stick Throw

This falls into the category of how much is too much flexibility. During a club meeting the other night a few members complained that the throttle stick throw seemed way to long. Another member makes note that the throttle stick in US radios have a shorter throw than the cyclic sticks. I, of course, thinks he is crazy as I've never noticed it. So, I inspected the throw of my JR 11X and what do I find......YUP, the throttle stick has a shorter throw.

So can you adjust that on the JETI? Of course you can Take off the back and look for two screws at the base of the throttle gimbal. The more you turn in the screw the more you move the stick from the bottom or top towards the center. Brilliant!.

After you reset the throttle position you need to re-calibrate the radio. Do this by going to the 'system' menu, then 'view inputs'. Then hit 'calibrate', Move the sticks around to their maximums then hit 'calibrate' to save the setting

What else could they come up with!

Lou
www.circlecityhelis.com

Last edited by lperagallo; 12-13-2012 at 06:24 AM.. Reason: Better way to calibrate sticks found by flyingmustangs
Old 01-13-2013, 01:07 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default How to change a Receiver to PPM output

I had some difficulty the first time using the JetiBox emulator so I thought I would share how you change a Receiver over to PPM output.

It is very simple. All you need to do is go into Jetibox under the System menu, chose the RX by using the right arrow, push the down arrow and it will tell you what receiver type you are using. Push down again to see "MeasureOrSetting", push the right arrow and the display will change to "Main Setting". Push down arrow 5 times to get to "Output Mode". If it says "Servo" push and HOLD the left arrow until it changes to PPM. That's it. To change it back do the same. Any time you see a double left or right arrow in the display it means to hold that button down until it changes your setting.

Lou
www.circlecityhelis.com
Old 01-18-2013, 11:25 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Tip: Achieving full channel travel in your FBL Controller

When setting up a Vbar and a HC3SX FBL controller using a DC16 and R9 RX in PPM out mode I was unable to achieve +/- 100% travel on the aileron, elevator, and collective channels even if I increased the servo travel beyond 100% in the Servo Setup menu.

Turns out the receiver needed the high and low pulsewidths increased so the servo min & max travel under the servo setup menu would provide more travel.

How to do it:

Using either a Jetibox or the one built into a DC/DS16 do the following:

Select "measure or setting"

Select "out pin set"

Select the appropriate channel (channel being denoted by Y1 for channel 1, Y2 for channel 2, etc.)

Scroll down to "ATV Highlimit" and increase the max pulsewidth from 2.00ms to 2.10ms

Scroll down to ATV lowlimit" and decrease the min pulsewidth from 1.00ms to 0.90ms

Repeat for all affected channels.

Now when you adjust the servo travel in the servo setup menu you will be able to achieve more max throw and more min throw to hit 100% on your FBL setup software.

Next tip: Setting failsafe positions

Coming from Spektrum where failsafe positions are set by the control positions at the time of binding the Jeti system is a little more complicated. In the event of loss of signal you can have the Jeti hold the last output position, output no signal, or drive to preprogrammed failsafe positions.

By default the receivers are programmed to hold the last position in the event of loss of link with the TX (after the "signal fault" delay specified in "main setting" is passed)

If you want the receiver to go to set positions when link is lost you can do that. I like to set neutral positions for aileron, elevator, collective, and min throttle.

Once again, in the Jetibox menu:

under "main setting" is the "signal fault delay" or the time the receiver waits after loss of signal to activate failsafe positions.

If you want to set specified failsafe positions do the following:

go to "out pin set"

select the appropriate channel (Y1, Y2, etc.)

scroll down to "signal fault" and change from "repeat" to "failsafe"

press down and set the appropriate channel output value for the failsafe position. If you have your TX connected and centered the left number next to Y shows the current channel pulsewidth/position and the right number is your desired failsafe position. 1.50ms is the default center position. 1.00ms would be low/off for your throttle channel.

I'm just about finished with my Jeti/HC3SX conversion on my Goblin. The Jeti is a very powerful and versatile TX but with that versatility comes a lot of options and menus. It will take some time to get used to it!
Jeti DC-16
Kiba is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2013, 05:50 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Kiba,

Nice post! Good information.

Lou
www.circlecityhelis.com
Old 02-11-2013, 02:18 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Another tip:

If you're using a Jeti MUI or Mezon on your heli for telemetry and want to set up a telemetry alarm on the TX for mah consumed you'll quickly notice that the rotary switch increments 1 mah at a time. For large packs that means you'll be spinning the rotary knob for a long time.

However, with the "mah" parameter in the telemetry & alarm menu highlighted and selected pressing the menu button will cycle the increments of the rotary knob between 1, 10, and 100 mah/hour per detent of the rotary knob. This will save quite a bit of time.
Jeti DC-16
Kiba is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2013, 09:15 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Kiba,

Great Tip! I found that out by accident when I was setting my parameters.

Lou
www.circlecityhelis.com
Old 03-16-2013, 10:55 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Assigning two sounds to a switch

Assigning a sound to a switch is easy, putting 2 sounds on the same switch requires 3 seconds of thinking about it, so I figured I would save you the trouble.

I wanted to assign a GEARUP-GEARDOWN sound to my SD switch

1) Go- MENU- Advanced Properties- Sound on Event

2) Press ADD to assign your first sound by pressing the F3 button
then press the rotatry button twice to get to SELECT INPUT CONTROL

3) Flick the switch you want (in my case SD) press ok F5

4) Rotate knob to select a file sound. (Gear up for me)

Voila for your first sound.

Now it is nice to know that your gear is up but it would be nicer to know as well when it is down

Just do the same procedure of adding a sound to a switch but you assign it to the same switch (SD) but reverse the direction of the switch

That means that once you have reach SELECT INPUT CONTROL and you have flicked the switch SD to assign the sound you press Rev. F3 to reverse the switch direction

Assign the other sound you want to that same switch and it is done

You now have a SD switch that will say Gear up when you pull on it and gear down when you push it.

Now if I could only figure out how to give three sounds to a three positions switch

Last edited by Puttputt maru; 03-16-2013 at 11:13 PM..
Puttputt maru is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2013, 07:44 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puttputt maru View Post
Now if I could only figure out how to give three sounds to a three positions switch

I got an answer to my question on an other forum.

Thanks pvogel.

Here it is

"The thing to remember is the switch position needs to move TO the target position for the sound you want when you set the switch. So for a three position switch, put the switch in the MIDDLE, then go to assign the sound for the UP position, go to the switch select dialog and flip the switch UP. Leave it there. Go to assign the sound for the MIDDLE position, get to the switch select dialog and flip the three position switch to the MIDDLE. Leave it there and go to set up the sound for the DOWN position, get to the switch select dialog and flip the three position switch to the DOWN position. You've now assigned a sound for all three positions of the switch."

Great to have people sharing knowledge.Thanks again pvogel
Old 04-09-2013, 10:03 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puttputt maru View Post
I got an answer to my question on an other forum.

Thanks pvogel.

Here it is

"The thing to remember is the switch position needs to move TO the target position for the sound you want when you set the switch. So for a three position switch, put the switch in the MIDDLE, then go to assign the sound for the UP position, go to the switch select dialog and flip the switch UP. Leave it there. Go to assign the sound for the MIDDLE position, get to the switch select dialog and flip the three position switch to the MIDDLE. Leave it there and go to set up the sound for the DOWN position, get to the switch select dialog and flip the three position switch to the DOWN position. You've now assigned a sound for all three positions of the switch."

Great to have people sharing knowledge.Thanks again pvogel
Thanks for the credit Maru! My pleasure to be able to help!

Peter+
pvogel is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-27-2013, 08:14 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

does this recommendation still come into play with the v2.0 software on the jeti?
larryfl is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-07-2013, 03:51 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

How do I get more sounds in the file list. On my DS-16 there are only numbers and times listed
rcbirt is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-07-2013, 04:10 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcbirt View Post
How do I get more sounds in the file list. On my DS-16 there are only numbers and times listed
https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=525922
Old 05-07-2013, 04:23 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I see the files in Voice and Audio when my transmitter is USB connected but cant find them in Sounds in the transmitter.
Old 05-08-2013, 09:32 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Figured it out. Didn't see the >> in the listing. This is way cool. Bought the Inova text to speech software, this is amazing and fun.
Old 05-08-2013, 09:35 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcbirt View Post
Figured it out. Didn't see the >> in the listing. This is way cool. Bought the Inova text to speech software, this is amazing and fun.
See also http://media.io/

You can load any audio file (to include your own voice recordings or whatever) and convert them into .wav for use with the radio, also.

Just another option...
Old 05-18-2013, 09:03 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seasick78 View Post
See also http://media.io/

You can load any audio file (to include your own voice recordings or whatever) and convert them into .wav for use with the radio, also.

Just another option...
I used Siri with a line in to a .wav recorder.
BustedRaptor77 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2013, 09:05 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

For HC3SX owners. You can program rescue as a flight mode on the momentary switch and use flat line curves on roll and elevator at 0%. Doing this ensures it always climbs straight up even if the cyclic is displaced.
BustedRaptor77 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in