Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mCP X Brushless Mods

mCP X Brushless Mods Blade Micro CPx Brushless Mods and Conversions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2012, 06:59 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Idk about this tail

Got a hp05 setup. Hovered it with stock tail and motor with kbdd main and tail blades. Hover only it was awesome. Stable as its ever been, no drifting, no tail wag , it was solid as a rock. Totally surprised. I then upgraded the tail to an extended boom, 120 motor, Astriod tail blades, put on new feathering shaft just to do it, new main shaft cause the bottom was rounded out, and new servos arms because old ones were bent up a little. Took it up in a hover and now the tail drifts to the right nose to the left. It does it slowly but within a 6 to 8 second count the tail will be at almost 90 degrees. What's causes this. I've looked around and I don't see this exact problem.
Alignnitro is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2012, 08:16 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Mine also starts drifting slowly ccw half way into most of my flights. I give 3 or 4 clicks of rudder trim and all is well the rest of the flight. I'm not really sure what's causing it. Seems like a power bottleneck since it doesn't start until a minute or two into the flight for me. Or maybe it's frequency vibe or accumulative gyro error. IJDK.

When I was flying the old Blade CP Pro the G90 gyro certainly had accumulative error problems as I would have to continually adjust the rudder trim all the way through my flights until I replaced it with a GY401.
Micro-Maniac is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2012, 08:39 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just did the HP05s WOW kit build last week and i had this issue and i know i would have this issue because i was useing the old BATT that comes with the stock McPX. I got my new 550 BATT and the tail hold fine now. Could this be your problem?
ybomyr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2012, 08:52 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Not my problem since I'm using Hyperion 550s as well. I am using the original JST plugs on them, but if they're bottlenecking power it's only affecting the tail. Maybe I'll get around to switching to Deans one of these days to see if that cures it any.
Old 03-06-2012, 09:01 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks guys. You guys are probably onto something here. I'll just have to wait for new batteries to come in. Hobby King . . . Been waiting for 26 days. Never again and I selected the USA warehouse to. Another story. I'll try this out. I only have the stock ones right now. They are pretty new but I kno they aren't the right one for this setup.
Alignnitro is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2012, 07:33 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah, screw hobbyking, my order too 35 days. And never got response to emails I sent..

That'll be the last of my cash they get. Luckily was only like $15.
CousinLarry is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2012, 08:17 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am not a fan of the SR120 tail myself. I bought a nicely built BL mcpx from another member here and it already had the SR120 tail on it. It held good during hard collective inputs. But, when hovering, it had a lot of movement and wag. Almost like it was too heavy. I only have an M5 motor so I went back to the stock extended tail with no problems and it is much more precise. The hold is rock solid as well. Maybe try a dual setup? I hear they are more accurate than the 120.
02stampede is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2012, 09:19 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

IDK, I'm pretty darned impressed by the SR120 tail myself. I've never had wag or been able to blow it out at all with my HP05 since mating it with a V1 board. It's holding power has exceeded my expectations of a motored tail this small. Having to add a few clicks of rudder trim in the middle of my flights is a minor annoyance compared to it's otherwise solid performance.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in