Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 130X

130X Blade 130X Helicopters Information and Help

Like Tree16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2013, 01:30 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

The bec will doing the extra work to maintain the A to the T.
Which raises the question, is the oem bec chip getting hot from driving a 4.8-5v tail servo?

I'm running off an external esc 5v 2a. I can't answer that. sorry

Using this servo on the 3in1, we should all be aware that it could jam and starting pulling more power then the bec can handle and burn out the BEC, yes.. Just like the stock linears do..

edit..
Lynx went above and beyond to make their servo work at the correct voltage for the 3in1 and the proper frequency.

Last edited by SkyKraken; 12-12-2013 at 02:14 AM..
SkyKraken is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2013, 01:54 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

Got it installed and up and running but the only thing I had to do different than when I had the lynx servo mounted was I had to mount the ds76t on the left side of the tail boom and turn the servo arm 180 degrees and put it back on the servo. Just did a quick flight and it works great. No wag and no servo going crazy when stopping from piro. I wish I would have saved my money when I went with the lynx servo and just put this on instead. It is kinda big and ugly on the 130x but the performance makes up for it big time. Also mine does not hum at all. Now I just need to make a cf push rod for it and ditch the flimsy stock metal push rod.
buster7467 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2013, 02:07 PM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by helibus View Post
I understand ohms law. Your point is true. My point is that W will NOT be the same...
Yup, I am with you on this, the W will be less here. . Which leads me to believe that we will be ok on this servo mod for at least a good many flights. Suddenly I am now more worried about the 2 Lynx Servo's which are on their way to me..
TREX 250 PRO,Talon15, GPRO, Zeal ----TREX 500 EFL PRO, GPRO, RAILS ----2x TREX 450PRO V2, 1xGPRO&1xBRAIN, Talon35, RAIL , Zeal ---- SAVOX powered TREX500 EFL in Roban scale UH1-N ---- TREX 600 EFL PRO, GPRO, RAILS ---- DX9 ----
TR450ZS is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2013, 03:06 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR450ZS View Post
Yup, I am with you on this, the W will be less here. . Which leads me to believe that we will be ok on this servo mod for at least a good many flights. Suddenly I am now more worried about the 2 Lynx Servo's which are on their way to me..
When you get the lynx servo get it installed and then do the subtrim trick to get the servos to stay center without drifting. When doing this on the tail you will find that the servo will go crazy when you go from like 7clicks to 8clicks of subtrim. Atleast I just found out that is how mine is. It will just sit there and jitter like crazy. I will not use it anymore. Already put it in the parts bin. I hope yours works out for you. For now I am sticking with the ds67t. It seems to hold the best.
Old 12-11-2013, 03:17 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyKraken View Post
The bec will doing the extra work to maintain the A to the T.
A BEC will actually maintain a constant output voltage up to a rated amount of load current. Depending on the BEC design, beyond that current the BEC will start to shut down to protect itself or potentially end up damaged. The stock BEC doesn't seem to have any protection built in, probably because of board space limitations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyKraken View Post
Using this servo on the 3in1, we should all be aware that it could jam and starting pulling more power then the bec can handle and burn out the BEC, yes.. Just like the stock linears do..
Potentially valid point. I'm not sure we know what the stall current of the DS76t would be.
Other: Atmel AVR microcontrollers, electronics, 3D printing
helibus is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2013, 08:28 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgymr View Post
Man, I wish I knew you guys were doing this. I just sold my 76t!

I need to keep up w the posts here, I have been concentrating on the 300x!
ooops just fund out the servo i sold was the blade 400 tail! FML! Refunded that money
....lol

My bad!
bgymr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2013, 03:48 AM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomy. View Post
So for me the 76t is the keeper for about $18 from my LHS. I hope this little write-up will help those who (just as I did) think that the 130X's tail is un-curable.
Thanks a lot Tomy !
I have been trying a lot of tail servos :
- stock : too sloppy after more than 100 flights
- original DS35 : good but died after 20 flights
- new DS35 : garbage
- MKS S311 : too slow, tail wag
- Corona 929MG : tail wag, hunting
- Turnigy D1290 P : too slow
- WK-03-4 : no stable position, slow
and finally came back to a stock servo

This last one was starting to be really worn out, when I found your message. I immediately ordered one DS76T and installed it with some plastic mounts and not much hope.
And the result was perfect ! With 0 gain, tail is locked, stops are immediate, no rebound.
I mounted it on the Lynx universal servo brackets and ordered another DS76T for future use

Here is the result :

Mrowka likes this.
ibutcherjp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2014, 07:29 AM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

I´m considereing to use this servo, the weight is not a problem?

Blade 130x - Blade 300x - Blade 450 3D
spruemaster is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2014, 01:04 PM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

It is slightly higher weight but I fly with the 500mah xtreme 60C batteries which deliver great power consistently and it balances out the added weight of the tail very well.
I am a Heli-Coholic! Citizen #207
PRÔTOS Max v2 PRÔTOS 380 Speed Goblin 380 Blade 180CFX
MKS KDE MSH Brain
Tomy. is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2014, 01:09 PM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

Egad... put a little ice on that, see if you can get the swelling down.
SkyKraken is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-28-2014, 03:12 PM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Tail servos S60 vs. DS76t? I have a winner!

Thank you for the good information.

I decided to rebuild my 130x after letting it sit on the shelf for 6 months.

Got an xtreme frame. Ds76t. 3 stock cyclic servos. To start the rebuild.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Old 03-02-2014, 12:45 AM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default tail servos

I am so happy I found this thread. I have put so much money into my 130x its rediculous only to have constant tail servo problems. I've gone through three stock servos and one of the new ds35 servos in last two weeks. stock works great until it bumps the ground then it buggers up everytime for me. ds35 has potential but the tail wag makes me wanna run over the heli with my tractor trailer. had high hopes for lynx servo but reading about it not working too well either.

Thanks to you all I just ordered 2 of the eflite servos and mounts. I REALLY look forward to it and hope it works as well with stock board as everyone says it does. Maybe I can finally stop blowing so much money on this heli trying to get it just right.

I am convinced that if it can get to be rock solid and study, then it is the best heli of it's size by far. This servo just might do the trick! Here's hoping and thanks you all for posting! ~Indo
Indokast is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2014, 02:15 AM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indokast View Post
the tail wag makes me wanna run over the heli with my tractor trailer
Welcome to the club
Glad you found this thread. I have had 100's of flights with this servo, and I'm still flying the original one, never had a single problem with it -- although had a handful of crashes. Hope it'll work out for you too. Keep us posted !
MKS KDE MSH Brain
Old 03-06-2014, 02:42 AM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 130 tail servo

Thank you for the welcome. I just completed installing this eflite servo you all are talking about on the tail.. went ahead and rebuilt my whole heli actually, cleaned cyclics and installed new B gear that stripped out. I must say, this heli is actually flying rock solid now with this new tail servo! I"M SO HAPPY!!! Thank you all for the advice.. I was about to give up on the 130x.. somehow I have about $600 wrapped up in this thing but it finally looks BA and flies like a champ. Good call on the DS76T. I knew this thing could fly rock solid somehow!

Thank you again! ~Indo
Mrowka likes this.
Indokast is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-07-2014, 11:00 PM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

MKS KDE MSH Brain
Old 03-09-2014, 04:00 PM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

hello ;
what about the lynx ds-883. or has it been renamed?
hylidae is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-09-2014, 05:47 PM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Just fiited a Lynx tail servo to my 130, no problems so far it;s holding solid with no wag.
Velos 880 Neo, Logo 800 XX Vbar, T-Rex 800 Pro DFC Vbar, T-Rex 800 Trekker Vbar, T-Rex 700 Pro DFC Vbar, T-Rex 800 F3C Vbar, T-Rex 550E DFC Vbar, T-Rex 500 Pro DFC AR7200BX, T-Rex 450 Sport V2 AR7200BX, T-Rex 250 Pro AR7200BX, VController, DX9.
JohnTC02 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2014, 07:00 PM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

Looks like I'll be ordering a 76T to try out after reading all the success.

I just installed my second Lynx 883 today and it's already not working after less than 10 hover/set-up test on my latest project. I made sure to set it up so travel was the correct amount and there was no binding. I have absolutely no idea what I could be doing wrong. I noted it was running a bit warm but not what I'd consider hot....now it does nothing, same as my first one. Not sure what killed my first one either, opened a ticket and sent it back to Lynx on 1/24, still waiting on a replacement for that one. I'm not even going to bother installing it when/if it finally shows up. Fool me once, shame on you...fool me three times.......well, you know . haha.
wsntme is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2014, 09:53 AM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

I pretty much had the same experience. First one was bad, filled out ticket with lynx and they sent a new one to me. I installed it and it acted just like the first one. I will always use the 76t on my 130x. It just works.
Old 03-15-2014, 06:50 PM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I bought a ds76t the other day when I was in the hobby shop. Installed it on my second 130x. It picked up 3 grams, but it flew great...right up to the point where I did a piro flip, botched the collective inverted, and flew it into the ground tail first. I figured it'd be my luck to toast the gears on the tail servo on my first flight with it...but I was wrong. I didn't even kill the plastic tail gears. Took it back up to make sure it was OK and it flew fine, but I forgot about how much I had flown and it went to LVC. Tail held great though. I think I'll pick one up for the other 130.

George
Mrowka likes this.
gstoneberg is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in