Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Thunder Tiger GT5 FBL System

Thunder Tiger GT5 FBL System Thunder Tiger GT5 Flybarless Electronics

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2014, 10:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Links to GT5.2 manuals and software

I noticed that TT has changed their website and that someone mentioned the software and manuals for the GT5.2 were no longer there.

Well, I found them. There is a link at the bottom of www.thundertiger.com that says 'Previous Version' and that is where they are. Just hasn't made it over to the new site yet.

So instead of '.com' you can get to the previous site by substituting '.net'. Thankfully they kept the old site online and just pointed thundertiger.net to it.

So if you have a dongle you can use (Spartan, etc...) or just want to grab the files here you go:

http://www.thundertiger.net/downloads.php

Or play it safe and don't click a link some unknown like me posts here and do this:

www.thundertiger.com, bottom of page click 'Previous Version'. Next page click 'download' top right, next page hover over download and choose 'GT5 Technical' on the pop-up list.

Have fun!
radu7 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2014, 04:15 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sweet thanks for the headsup.
TheKingPhisher is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2014, 07:22 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I wonder if the Futaba USB dongle will work on the GT-5?
I have one of those that works with the GY 520 single axis tail gyro.
Old 01-28-2014, 12:32 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladecpnitro View Post
I wonder if the Futaba USB dongle will work on the GT-5?
I have one of those that works with the GY 520 single axis tail gyro.
Is this the CIU-2 USB dongle that you have? I have a feeling that it will not work, but without knowing the pinout on it it's hard to say. Since it is used to program their gyros and S.Bus servos I would think it is one of those types of interfaces that uses a single pin for both Rx and Tx similar to the Hyperion servo programming dongle.

If you can verify that the pins on it are Tx, Rx and GND and which pin is what then it may work. I wouldn't risk it though personally unless I knew exactly what each pin on that USB adapter was for and what the voltage level was going across it. I do know that an FTDI board will work, but there are many variations of those boards and some work, some don't and some will work, but only if you connect the GND pin to a pin other than the bottom pin on the term port. Seems to have something to do with the TTL (signal level) voltage.
Old 01-28-2014, 02:21 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah I guess I won't risk it. Its not going to fly any better with the update anyhow is it? It only changes the software on the GT 5.1 without the new speedy hardware correct?
If thats true I may just wait and get a 5.2 when it becomes available.
Old 01-28-2014, 03:46 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think the new software added some expanded servo settings and maybe improved the tail control as well. That's about all I saw that really stood out. Aside from that they changed the interface a bit as far as programming it from the touchpad which is supposed to be more intuitive. I think the majority of the improvements will come from the updated hardware (temperature insensitivity, faster MEMS). I have a feeling I wouldn't be able to tell the difference between a hardware v1.0 and v2.0 at my current skill level. Also, with the GT5.2 coming out it there may be some good deals to be had on the older 5.1 hardware if you don't really need the faster gyros. I've heard that some retailers in the US are expecting stock on the new units sometime next month.
Old 08-10-2014, 01:22 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by radu7 View Post
I noticed that TT has changed their website and that someone mentioned the software and manuals for the GT5.2 were no longer there.

Well, I found them. There is a link at the bottom of www.thundertiger.com that says 'Previous Version' and that is where they are. Just hasn't made it over to the new site yet.

So instead of '.com' you can get to the previous site by substituting '.net'. Thankfully they kept the old site online and just pointed thundertiger.net to it.

So if you have a dongle you can use (Spartan, etc...) or just want to grab the files here you go:

http://www.thundertiger.net/downloads.php

Or play it safe and don't click a link some unknown like me posts here and do this:

www.thundertiger.com, bottom of page click 'Previous Version'. Next page click 'download' top right, next page hover over download and choose 'GT5 Technical' on the pop-up list.

Have fun!
Looks like the direct link has changed to:

http://stock.thundertiger.com/downloads.php

the 'step-by-step' to navigate to the downloads posted above is still the same though.
Old 01-23-2015, 05:40 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default GT5.2 to spektrum receiver

Sorry to say, but I am confused on hot to connect the GT5.2 to an AR8000 receiver. My stick position are very unusual. I am new to a FBL system. Please help. I have been searching for the answer, but so far no luck.
sx700r is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2015, 07:23 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have the GT 5.2 manual and I'm desperately trying to setup the TT E550 3 blade heli. I've never done flybarless (been flying for 20 years) and my first setup on this heli with this GT 5.2 was a disaster.

The manual's "default/starter settings" are out right wrong and resulted in ruining a perfect set of new blades.

Does anyone have one of these and could you post the settings file? I have the usb programmer which made changing settings easier but wrong settings (from the manual) are still wrong....

I've attached the manual in case it has disappeared from TT's site.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf GT5.2 Manual.pdf (1,016.1 KB, 932 views)
Old 11-20-2019, 06:54 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

All the above methods for getting the programming software no longer work. Does anyone know how or where to get the software anymore?
Old 12-11-2019, 06:42 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi. Why do you want the software? Do you need to reconfigure the stick assignment. Do you want to upgrade a 5.0 or 5.1 to a 5.2? The whole idea of this gyro is that it can be set up from the built in screen. You may need a magnifying glass though.
evolusia is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in